Recent Topics

1 Dec 04, 2005 03:16    

When I click on the "Files" button when making a new post I am givin a permission error, what directory do I need to CHMOD, I already have /media at 777

2 Dec 04, 2005 16:29

What's the error message?

I think you'll have to give your user/group perms to use the filemanager rather than on the file system itself.

3 Dec 04, 2005 17:25

I think I have the same issue: my error message is "Permission denied! (files:view:)", and I also have CHMOD my media dir 777 (even if I think I will browse my LOCAL hard disk with this function, rather than ftp dirs).

What to do?

Francesco

4 Dec 04, 2005 21:20

thats the same error message I have papaz

5 Dec 04, 2005 21:52

You'll have to give your user or the group your user is in the right permissions.

In current CVS (and therefor the beta) this will be done automagically for the admin's group and I've also made the error message more descriptive.

This has nothing to do with file permissions (on the linux/windows file system), but with b2evo's permission system! See the "Users & Groups" tab.

6 Jan 14, 2006 11:57

"Permission denied! (files:view:)"

I get this message even after setting my user permissions to admin and assuring that all the boxes are ticked allowing file upoad etc ....

CHMOD 777 /media folder also and still get this message.

any ideas?? would like to upload some pics and at least would like to see what lovely new interface is there in this upgrade.

ekendra

7 Jan 14, 2006 15:01

ekendra, as said above: make sure to give your user permissions to view files!

8 Jan 14, 2006 20:53

ok - after much digging around I stumbled across some group settings and fixed it.

sure could use a wiki user manual.

that way i could write some instructions to save the next fella the trouble.

thanks for the support.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

9 Apr 14, 2006 14:10

blueyed wrote:

What's the error message?

I think you'll have to give your user/group perms to use the filemanager rather than on the file system itself.

How exactly can you do that, I have come to User & Group tab but donot know how to proceed

Thanks

Form is loading...