Recent Topics

1 Dec 12, 2005 19:09    

:oops:

I have setup a blog for a friend, left it to be used for months by that friend and I had not login myself all this while. Then recently, this friend came back to ask me to help. I can not login as the admin, because I can not recall what user ID I have used.

However, I know that my email address is still receiving email notifications whenever there are new users registered on that blog. ;)

I suppose if I know the admin's ID I can do a <forgot password> procedure to get new password via my email A/C. But I have tried several of my usual IDs, and all had failed.

Question is how would I recover my ID? :?:

I belive I am able to get into SQL via PHPadmin, but not sure if I can recover my ID via there, are information hashed inside? I won't casually try this because the SQL DB is huge and full of other data then the blog, I don't want to risk this unless I am sure.... :o

Can any expert pse advice.

Thanks & regards

uy

2 Dec 12, 2005 19:14

The chances are, if this was a new install the admin is user 1

¥

3 Dec 12, 2005 19:19

Thanks for that info. I think that is true because I searched here and some other thread said so as well.

But can I login as User 1, just like that? or I would need ID still?

:roll:

4 Dec 12, 2005 19:22

ahhh, you mean you're looking for the admin name.

if it's not "admin" then I'd need a link to the blog to stand even a remote chance

¥

5 Dec 12, 2005 19:29

Yes I mean the admin user name.

I am not even sure if "admin" is default.

I tried the forgot password procedure, entering "admin", and it said it reset a new password to my email. But then I found nothing in my email so far...

Can I private msg you the URL?

Thanks

uy

6 Dec 12, 2005 19:31

No problem, as a minor point though, if you have access to phpmyadmin, you should be able to find the admin user (group 1) and check the email addy.

¥

7 Dec 12, 2005 19:45

Yes I suppose my hosting service would have PHPmyAdmin, and I can dig out my database password somehow...

But I belive I would be quite lost inside that SQL DB, don't know what table to start with. And not sure if information are hashed or encrypted...

Any hint pse?

8|

8 Dec 12, 2005 19:54

Yes, password and ID recovered after you great help :!: :D

THANK YOU :p

Form is loading...