Recent Topics

1 Jan 17, 2006 20:24    

I am very impressed with b2evolution. I would like to use this blog engine for a site I have. It is a database driven site with 2,500 registered users. Registered users are broken into 2 categories..... Members and Non-Members.

I was wondering if it is possible to allow only "members" to create their own blog site. So, in effect, they would have their own personal blog to post what they want? Or is b2evolution only set so that registered users can post to existing blogs created by the admin?

I guess my other question would be :
is b2evolution capable of being like a "blogger" site where users can sign up for their own personal blog site?

Your thoughts...

Thanks,
Mikeyb

2 Jan 17, 2006 21:44

Right now an admin has to create blogs and give users permission to post. The upcoming version is going to have some plugin hooks that make it possilbe to install a plugin that adds this functionality. I know of one such plugin already under development.

3 Jan 17, 2006 23:49

mikeyb wrote:

... is b2evolution capable of being like a "blogger" site where users can sign up for their own personal blog site?

Your thoughts...

As personman said, to automagically have a blog created means you'd have to either hack the core or wait for a plugin for an unreleased version.

Other aspects of being like blogger are easy: just delete 80% of everything and you'll have an app for dummies :lol:

Form is loading...