Recent Topics

1 Jan 24, 2006 17:07    

I am able to make posts but I'm unable to make comments. Also, when I click the tab for "Files" within the Administration pages, I get error 'Requested Blog does not exist!'. I've checked that the file 'files.php' exists under admin/

any assistance is greatly appreciated. looks like a great blog

2 Mar 21, 2006 16:08

I can post comments, but I also get the same error "Blog cannot be found." when attempting to click on the 'Files' button in the admin page, or if I attempt to upload a file.

Any help would be appriciated.

Kyle

3 Mar 26, 2006 13:51

Hello somebody I have the exact same problem surely somebody on this forum can help us

4 Mar 26, 2006 14:10

Which problem? The first two posts describe two different problems. The first can't comment and the second can't upload files.

No idea why comments can't be posted on the first blog, and without a link it's impossible to guess. Uploading files has been covered many times, but again - no link makes it hard to guess what the answer is.

So! Where is your installation and what version are you running?

5 Mar 26, 2006 17:53

Latest b2evolution 1.6-Alpha – GPL License – ©2001-2002 by Michel V & others – ©2003-2005 by François PLANQUE & others.

I followed the FAQ instruction for having more than two blogs (other than the a and b blogs supplied) - I renamed and copied the a_stub files to create an (a) (b) and c_stub file using these I set up my three primary blogs (see
http://www.hawar-islands.com/blog/ ) referring each to its now own individual stub file - I have worked out how to control comments and the addition of posts etc through the permission dialogue boxes - and as you can see have successfully added textual postings to each blogs. The problem arises when I want to add a file or picture to a post - be it as admin or a registered user - on pressing the UPLOAD button I get the error message "Requested blog does not exist"

Howard

6 Mar 26, 2006 18:25

Cool. Not the problem - the info. I gotta do this off the top of my head because I can't seem to get into my own web at the moment, which is a disclaimer...

Have you chmoded your media folder to 777? Does it have in it folders named after your blogs? You don't have to make those folders - it is supposed to. There is a setting (probably on the settings tab) that says if you want to upload files for blogs or for bloggers and I think it defaults to blogs. Anyway thats a place to start. I'm thinking it can't find the folder that it thinks it should be uploading your images into.

7 Mar 27, 2006 11:01

These are the options have enabled all

ile Settings
Filemanager options
Enable Filemanager:
Check to enable the Filemanager.
Enable blog directories:
Check to enable root directories for blogs.
Enable user directories:
Check to enable root directories for users.
Enable creation of dirs:
Check to enable creation of directories.
Enable creation of files:
Check to enable creation of files.
Upload options
Enable upload:
Check to allow uploading files in general.
Allowed file extensions:
Seperated by space. Leave it empty to disable this check. E.g. «jpg jpeg gif png txt csv xls doc ppt css htm html»
Maximum allowed filesize:
96KB (This cannot be higher than your PHP/Webserver setting!)

8 Mar 27, 2006 11:06

Have done this made it 777 and enabled all file setting options as indicated in previous post

still no change to final result still get same error mess "Requested Blog does not exist"

Howard

9 Apr 02, 2006 10:36

I'm getting this problem as well. I deleted blogs a and b, and I also changed the htsrvr directory to something different. I keep getting the error. I looked through the forum and found this post http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?p=32562#32562 This may help, but for now the fix code is giving my errors when I try to run it in myPhp. However, maybe it will work for you.

10 Apr 02, 2006 11:48

It did also for me - so I got my server (domain hosts) people to reload the whole program from scatch - I just hid blog A and B created the extra blogs and whoopeee the whole thing works fine now - Moral DO NOT DELETE BLOGS you must REUSE RENAME OR HIDE.
Even managed to work out how to get a picture into the blog and have just recieved my first 2 reg users - now to get my whole web page into php
Howard
see http://www.hawar-islands.com/blog/index.php

:D

Form is loading...