Recent Topics

1 Feb 21, 2006 22:04    

Thinking about moving my blog to another webhoster. I have been told that I need to copy/backup the database to move it to the new host to avoid losing all my posts and comments.

This all seems pretty straight forward, except it assumes I know something about databases. Searching on this only frustrated me more because obviously people simply know things that I am not so sure about.

When I go to the backup option on my CPanel it gives me the option to download a MySQL database Backup - but there are three listed, adp01 bvlt1 and surv1 - I certainly want to assume that the bvlt1 is my b2evolution database, but are either of the other two related to my blog? Or are they some other thing I was tinkering around with when I first got fantasico?

I would hate to not backup the correct database(s) -

2 Feb 21, 2006 23:52

coldhart wrote:

I certainly want to assume that the bvlt1 is my b2evolution database, but are either of the other two related to my blog? Or are they some other thing I was tinkering around with when I first got fantasico?

if that strange name is your b2evo database, then you can assume correctly that the others are not b2evo.
But you can be shure to open - in cpanel- the icon 'mysql databases'
you will then see all three databases.
practicaly on the bottom of that page you will see a link to 'phpmyadmin'
click on that
your phpmyadminscreen opens up
on the left -in the blue- you will see all databases.
Click on the one you think b2evo is.

normaly all tables will begin with evo_....

Than you are shure that you have the right db

3 Feb 22, 2006 00:18

Your conf/_config.php file says exactly what database is your b2evolution database, but figure bvlt is the correct one. Fantastico names your database something that is sort of like the name of the app you're installing.

4 Feb 22, 2006 19:30

i did look inside the three databases and found one was for B2Evolution and two were for other plug-ins that I experiemented with before discarding....

The one I believed was for the blog was for the blog and had all the evo_ files...

Form is loading...