Recent Topics

1 Feb 04, 2004 23:03    

Hello,
I just got a camera phone... I was thinking of when i go out on tour in support of my new record that I could take pictures from the road and then somehow send them to an email address or somewhere to upload right to my blog/news page... is there any way I can do this in b2evo? Is there stand alone software that is similar to b2evo that would allow me to do this?
Peace
Michael

2 Feb 05, 2004 02:41

as far as i know b2evo dosent have support for moblogging right now

you could try textamerica.com , they offer free moblogs

3 Feb 05, 2004 07:32

You can do this, if you can stomach using the development version of b2evo. It has support (thanks to Hans) for sending direct MMS messages to a script, or emailing to a certain address (which you can specify) with a picture attachment. :)

What do you think about it, Michael?

-Vegar

4 Feb 05, 2004 07:35

Oh, and as for the poll, I'd come if you were going to play modern jazz, soul or funk. I guess the closest thing is hip-hop, eh? :P

-Vegar

5 Feb 05, 2004 08:08

On the CVS you can find mms.php, which enables you to send photos straight from your phone to your site. Very soon this script will also be capable to receive photos by email.

To use the current mms.php simply put the following server url in your cell phone (adapt to your own settings):

http://mydomain.com/b2evolution/mms.php?login=admin&pass=......&cat=3

Btw, currently the script is responding a invalid server answer, this is caused by the pinging (and its output). I will fix this little problem.

6 May 25, 2004 01:38

Hey Hans, I was wondering how your mms.php file was working: the url you give, where should I use it ?
On the wap, or is it the adress where I should send my mms?
because I tried both, and on the wap, I've got the message "invalid format" (wich is quite logical), and when I try to send the mms, the address is too long and the phone won't accept it...

thank you for letting me now,
Paul

7 Dec 21, 2004 02:33

does email work for mms yet ?

i can't set up my mms but i can email my pics etc

8 Dec 23, 2004 10:18

photos can be mailed to flikr.com and flikr.com can pass things to blogs apparently. I am not sure if b2evolution has the "api" that flikr supports however.

wordpress seems to support one of the api's.

Flickr can support:
Blogger
Typepad
Movable Type
LiveJournal
Manila
Atom Enabled Blogs
Blogger API Enabled Blogs
Meta Weblog API Enabled Blogs

9 Dec 23, 2004 11:22

b2evo supports the blogger api.

10 Dec 23, 2004 12:21

ok you got my attention now how do you set it up ? and here's the thing too .. if it supports API's from blogger do we need to email through flickr or can we just email direct to mms.php ?

What is an API endpoint ?

11 Dec 23, 2004 23:48

Okay I'm confused. Can we send photos to our blog currently? If so how?
Are you saying to use the blog by email option and basically email the image in?

Hmm... There is another program out there for blogging without logging in, I wonder if that supports phone emails.

12 Dec 24, 2004 11:41

No no and no. I've tried to use flickr, and it doesn't seem to want to work. You cannot email images as attachments. mms.php works in a few cases, but not many, since different service providers use slightly different methods of transmitting the messages, and different phones have different capabilites. It might work for you, but I've not been able to get it to work.

13 Dec 25, 2004 10:39

Hi graham,
When you say that flikr does not work, does that mean that it will not let you send image to flikr, or that the it will not update b2evolution via the blogger API?
I managed to send photos to my flikr accound by email but not from my phone.

Does anyone know which type of phones the b2evolution mms.php has been shown to work with? I use iMode.

And, by the way, what is the email address?

Tim

14 Dec 29, 2004 20:27

Following this thread I can't figure out if the moblog feature is available in b2evo.

What I'm looking for is something like "Easy Blogs'" features.

http://easymoblog.sourceforge.net/

I'm not trying to play one blog software against another... I like b2evo... I just want a moblog and I don't want to use two different blogging software :p

I'd like to be able to send an email (not an mms) to a specific email address and have b2evo check that pop account every XX minutes and post what ever is there

I use Sprint and if I could have my druthers I'd also have it strip off all the advertising that Sprints sends with the email/picture.

Will b2evo do this? Is it in the plans? can you use "Easy Blogs'" code as a guide since it is open?

I'm using b2evo v 0.9.0.11

15 Jan 28, 2005 21:58

There is a Flickr! thread on this board, wher you will find instructions on how to use Flickr! to automagically use your b2evolution server as a moblog server.

You can also find instructions here : http://www.gisvold.co.uk/~gisvold/b2evolution/blogs/index.php/tor/2004/11/22/how_to_set_up_flickr_to_auto_post_to_a_b

For b2evolution 0.9.0.11 you will need my modified xmlrp file as well

Please send me a email (or comment the post in the link) if you want a beta of the code - a fair number of users are using it. (tor at gisvold.co.uk)

16 Jan 28, 2005 21:59

There is a Flickr! thread on this board, wher you will find instructions on how to use Flickr! to automagically use your b2evolution server as a moblog server.

You can also find instructions [url=http://www.gisvold.co.uk/~gisvold/b2evolution/blogs/index.php/tor/2004/11/22/how_to_set_up_flickr_to_auto_post_to_a_b]here[/url]

For b2evolution 0.9.0.11 you will need my modified xmlrp file as well

Please send me a email (or comment the post in the link) if you want a beta of the code - a fair number of users are using it. (tor at gisvold.co.uk)

18 Jun 22, 2005 22:56

b2evo supports blogging via email, as well as via flickr

19 Aug 09, 2005 20:25

mikkyT wrote:

b2evo supports blogging via email, as well as via flickr

If so how??

24 Aug 24, 2005 17:53

yes I read this. I also changed to 0.9.10 version of the xmlsrv/xmlrpc.php
always the same error.
what is the correct Blog URL @flickr ?

so long
joe