Recent Topics

1 Jul 26, 2006 00:20    

On our site, I'm still testing out the software, and here's something I've noticed: if Blogger A makes a private post, Blogger B, who isn't a member of A's blog, can't read it when viewing Blog A, but she can see it just fine and dandy when viewing the aggregate. Is there any way to fix that? I'm still new to PHP, so I'm not sure if this is something I can change or how I'd go about doing it.

Thanks for the help!

2 Jul 26, 2006 01:34

What version of b2evolution are you running? A long time ago I tested all kinds of details about this topic and was very satisfied, so I'm wondering if you've found a bug that crept into the newer/newest version.

3 Jul 26, 2006 14:05

Sorry for not saying; I'm in 1.8. :)

4 Jul 26, 2006 17:24

Okay, I actually think I found my problem (a pesky little permission box I somehow missed seeing), but now I have another related question: it now appears that if Blogger B is a member of Blog A, she will be able to read private posts at Blog A, but not at the aggregate blog if she's not also a member there. If she is a member there, then she'll be able to read everybody's protected posts.

Is there a way to let bloggers only see posts for blogs where they are members on the aggregate blog? I get the feeling that quite a few of the bloggers on my site are going to be drawn to the idea of glancing at that blog to see if their friends have updated. Blogrolling won't pick up private posts, so I can't offer them that as an alternative in their sidebars...am I missing another potential solution if the first scenario won't work?

5 Jul 26, 2006 18:07

just to clarify, can bloger B read blogger A's private posts on blog all (if they're a member of blog all) , or do you mean protected?

If the latter is the case then it's a known "feature".

¥

6 Jul 26, 2006 18:48

Sorry; I meat protected. So, no way to change it? :-/

7 Jul 26, 2006 19:40

Well, I still don't like that feature...

If you don't make them member of blog 1, they don't see protected posts at all (of none blog)
If you make them member, they see the posts of all the blogs, (even if they are only memeber of 1 blog)

I still don't like that..

Form is loading...