Recent Topics

1 Aug 24, 2006 22:54    

I just installed B2evolution, and it seemed to go smoothly. I did change the file permissions as instructed. However, when I log in, and get the screen with the tabs (write, blog settings, etc.) I get a blank screen when I click on any of the tabs. The Write page, seems OK, however. :(

2 Aug 25, 2006 00:31

OK, I figured out that the blank screens were a file permissions problem. However, in the problem solving process, I opened up all file permissions 100%. I need to know what file permissions should be present for everything to work. I could re-install (did that once) but have the same issue again. The instructions say to give /blogs 777. Do I then give those permissions to all subfolders? It appears so, but I'm not sure. I clicked on the "more info on file permissions" link in the manual and got a really bogus page.

3 Aug 25, 2006 10:57

odd problem. what i bascially only do in the installation process is simply alter the conf/_basic_config.php file to reflect the server information required.

however, make sure all the files are loading up properly, especially if your ftp times you out.

as for changing permssions in of folders, I don't recall that being necessary at all, I may be wrong.

also btw what version of b2evolution are u using? it may aid in solving your problem (hint hint use the latetest stable vrs)

4 Aug 30, 2006 02:36

I'm using version 1.8.1. Is that the latest stable version?

You alter the _basic_config.php file? How come the installation instructions don't say anything about that?

5 Aug 30, 2006 04:25

well the way that b2evo is setup is that you can either manual alter the _basic_config.php file, or when you run the install script it will ask for information related to your database username, etc

however, if you can post the link to you site, it may offer others and myself a chance to look @ your page and see what type of "bogus page" your seeing.

6 Aug 30, 2006 19:35

I still need to know about the rights that should be set for all directories/files. I've set the program to allow users to self-register, but they can't post a comment. The error message says "Please fill in your name, Please fill in your email, Please do not send empty comments" although all fields were in fact filled in.

I've not made any changes to any files manually.

I've seen other posts about not being able to make comments, so I checked the permissions of htsrv folder and comment_post.php, and both are 777.

What else should I check? I have to assume it is a permissions issue, but don't know for sure.

7 Aug 30, 2006 20:25

sdlucas, what skin are you using? Param names for the fields have changed..

8 Aug 30, 2006 20:41

wpc_default - it's the one that came with the download of the program.

9 Aug 30, 2006 20:43

Also, I can't leave a comment when logged in as admin. However, I only get one of the messages, not three. It says Please do not send empty comments. - or something like that.

I did register a new user, and that user results in the same message (just the one) when logged in.

I tried changing skins, and the problem went away. What's wrong with the other skin? I had made no changes to it.

11 Aug 31, 2006 00:00

Thanks! That did the trick.

Form is loading...