Recent Topics

1 Jun 12, 2006 18:45    

The new version of autoblog plugin (for versions from 1.8.5 to 1.9.1-beta) has been released at this new address:
http://www.fralenuvol.com/albero/servizi/webmaster/scripts/b2evolution_autoblog_plugin.php

This plugin creates a new blog when someone registers on b2evolution. For every new user registration a blog and the corresponding category in the blog will be created.

The plugin has several options built in:
You can choose if you want to use stub files or not, with or without extension, if you want to store stub files in separate directories or all in a subdirectory.

You can also decide if you want to give users administration rights and own media folder on registration or not, and set the default descriptions and default skin for the new user's blogs.

Have a look here for detailed instructions and download:
[url=http://www.fralenuvol.com/albero/servizi/webmaster/scripts/b2evolution_autoblog_plugin.php]Autoblog Plugin[/url].

The site is italian but the instructions are in english.

Francesco Castronovo

2 Aug 28, 2006 18:07

Hi,

This plugin is very usefull.
I've tried it on a local installation with the 1.8.1.RC

But I have an issue :
When I use the Stub files, nothing is created in the "u" directory

Is there something that I've forgotten ?

Regards,

totof

3 Aug 28, 2006 19:32

Maybe you did not create previously your user subdirectory?

I updated now the script so that it checks if the users directory exists, if not it will automatically create it.
So download the plugin again if this was the problem, otherwise let me know.

4 Aug 29, 2006 11:22

By the way I strongly advice you to download the plugin again, as I included some new features, according to Topanga's suggestions:

- Fine-tune user's post permissions.(published,deprecated,protected,private,draft)
- Choose if display bloglist in new blog / choose if display new blog in bloglist.

Just overwrite _autoblog.plugin.php and configure the settings.

5 Aug 30, 2006 11:21

Hi,
another update (Topanga again :-)

Autoblog gives now full rights not only to main admin, but to whole Admin Group over the new blog.
I modified consequently the hack too, so that the new blogger can not take permissions away to the Admin Group.

if user is admin and yet not validated no blog will be created: i.e. no automatic blog is created for all the admin group, which are presumed more likely to be handled from admin backend.

For this update also the Hack-Part 3 has changed, please undo any previous changes made to _blogs_permissions.form.php and _blogs_permissions_group.form.php.

The plugin is stable, anyway some feature may be added.
I will announce it here when I consider Autoblog Plugin Final.

6 Aug 30, 2006 15:53

Another little addition:
if user is admin and yet not validated no blog will be created: i.e. no automatic blog is created for all the admin group, which are presumed more likely to be handled from admin backend.

7 Sep 06, 2006 09:23

Hi,
the autoblog has been re-written:
Besides other little addons (optionally autoblogs also for users created by admin), all configuration is now made directly from backend, no more variables to edit.
And there is no need to hack login.php.

8 Sep 20, 2006 13:16

I cannot get this to work no matter what I set things too.

It creates the blog and user fine but it always screws up the blog path. If I have stubs/folders on, with the u/ created and chmodded to 777 it never creates anything in u/.

If I turn stubs off it just tries to create the blog at http://url/user which doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

9 Sep 21, 2006 00:33

Regarding the use with stub files, this should really work. Double-check if after chmodding, the folder permissions are effectively set to 777.
Regarding the use without stub files, you are right:
I found a bug with some settings combinations and fixed it.

Please download the plugin again and let me know if you still encounter some problems.

10 Sep 21, 2006 02:47

Cheers. I'll give it another try.

Regarding the folder permissions, I did double check them, I suppose I could triple check them though I guess.

11 Sep 28, 2006 17:13

I released a new update of Autoblog Plugin. This version works with b2evolution 1.8.2 Serenity and contains little bugfixes (blog skin could not be changed from backend as the default template was forced in stub file) and a better integration in b2evolution Plugins architecture.

Special thanks to topanga and blueyed.

12 Oct 13, 2006 23:45

Yet another upgrade:
1) fixed Autoblog Group permissions to edit own files
2) added option for autobloggers to customize own CSS Style. In this case a sample file "style.css" will be automatically created in /media/blogs/username/ folder.

This feature is based on b2evolution "blog css" feature. For more info, read: http://manual.b2evolution.net/Blogs_tab#Customized_CSS

13 Oct 14, 2006 10:50

So how do I apply the fix with my current version? Do I need to uninstall the plugin and re-download and install? By the way thanks for the fast fix :)

Raymond

14 Oct 14, 2006 11:31

Presuming you already gave write permissions to Autoblog Group, you just need to:

1) overwrite _autoblog.plugin.php with new one

2) If you applied hack in "inc/_misc/_form.class.php", replace the hacked line:
global $Plugins, $field_params;
only with:
global $Plugins;

That's all.

Regarding, the automatic "style.css" creation, ensure /media/blogs/ folder has write permissions and to give your autobloggers some instructions on how to edit the file, seen that b2evo still does not provide the feature to edit/overwrite the css file. (Therefore autobloggers should: download->customize->delete online "style.css"->reupload own style.css in their media folder)

15 Oct 14, 2006 23:42

Thanks... Appreciate the help and the fix :)

16 Oct 15, 2006 16:15

The plugin return this error : DataObjectCache::get_by_name() : No name field to query on

17 Oct 15, 2006 19:23

Strange... I reinstalled the plugin to check myself and everything works fine.
Please check if you accidentally deleted or changed name to the "Autoblog Bloggers" Group.
Otherwise provide me as more details as possible.

18 Oct 17, 2006 01:33

I also reccomend another plugin to ship along with Autoblog Plugin:

Scenario
- Your bloggers have now their nice blog with Autoblog Plugin.
- You would like to provide only one skin for all blogs in order to keep a consistent site look.
- At the same time you want to allow bloggers a certain degree of customization.

Solution 1
- You can achieve this allowing bloggers to edit their own style.css in Autoblog options.

Solution 2
- But maybe not all your bloggers are found in coding and they would just like to blog and have fun :)
This is exactly what the Plugin [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=9134]Customizable Skin Area[/url] does, allowing you to define for your bloggers custom areas, where they can choose for example sidebar image, banner, main colors etc...

19 Oct 17, 2006 05:52

Thanks for recommending my plugin. I am using Autoblog plugin too and it just works so perfectly :)

I always think b2evo is the perfect tool for multi-blog site. It just needs something to make that aspect of it more friendly to use. Your Autoblog plugin did just that!

20 Oct 19, 2006 11:31

Nices upgrades to Autoblog Plugin:

Improved plugin usability in backend:
- The option of creating overall autoblogs when creating users from backend has been removed: now you can decide during each new user registration if you want autoblog to be created.
This checkbox is also available when modifying an existing user, and gets disabled once autoblog has been created.

In Plugin settings the default skin for new autoblogs gets populated with available skins.

- Added option for CLEAN URL's.
In order to make this work, you need:
- mod_rewrite on Apache
- enable "Use extra-path info" in Admin->Settings
- copy the content of cleanurls.htaccess provided in Autoblog Plugin folder in your own .htaccess file.

And other small bugfixes.
I reccomend you this upgrade.

(Are you happy now, Topanga ;) )

21 Oct 19, 2006 12:01

fralenuvol wrote:

(Are you happy now, Topanga ;) )

I was allready
Now I'm supercontent ;)

22 Oct 20, 2006 08:18

Hi !

I have a problem to install Autoblog, I hope you can help me.

1- I copy the file in my plugins folder
2- I go to the plugins installation page and have this message :
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in

/homepages/12/d143545955/htdocs/wintest/b2evolution/blogs/plugins/autoblog_plugin/_autoblog.plugin.php on line 489

Can you help me ?

I comment the line 489 and can install Autoblog, but I have some problems after, and maybe this line is missing, so I ask some help !

Thanks

23 Oct 20, 2006 09:37

Yes, they already reported me this bug, in my PHP version it raises no error.

I fixed it.
Please download plugin again and just overwrite "_autoblog_plugin.php".

24 Oct 20, 2006 10:54

thanks very much !!
I will try it today and will post again if it's ok ! :p

25 Oct 20, 2006 10:58

Thanks !!

It appears to be good, I have not more the error message, I will continue later. Thanks for you quick reply ! :p

26 Oct 20, 2006 20:33

Sorry, I come back with a new problem !

In the installation notes, there is this :
The download also includes the pre-hacked files for b2evolution 1.8.2 Serenity under the "files" directory
You can just overwrite the original files if you prefer:

* "inc/VIEW/users/_users_form.php"
* "inc/VIEW/collections/_blogs_general.form.php"
* "inc/VIEW/collections/_blogs_permissions_group.form.php"

But I have only the last file (_blogs_permissions_group.form.php), the 2 others are missing.

Is it possible to have them ?
Thanks ! :p

27 Oct 20, 2006 22:34

OPS!!
Indeed you have the correct files if you follow instructions in README.txt:

- "inc/_misc/_plugins.class.php"
- "inc/_misc/_plugin.class.php"
- "inc/_misc/_form.class.php"
- "inc/VIEW/collections/_blogs_permissions_group.form.php"

I just forgot to update the guide on my site. Sorry.

28 Oct 24, 2006 03:51

Yet some other little add-ons:
1) If user registers with a login containing spaces and accents, this will be removed from autoblog in blog shortname, in order to have correct url's.
Example: Mary Pòppins will have as url: http://www.yourblog.com/marypoppins

2) when user/blog is deleted, also his stub file is deleted, to prevent that if you re-create his autoblog, old stub with wrong settings shall be used.

29 Oct 25, 2006 18:49

Where is the last version?

31 Oct 26, 2006 13:08

OK I have a couple of questions. How do I upgrade my older version - in other words what files do I need to replace as I already have auto blog users. Then the next thing I wonder is when would the new changes go in effect? When a new user registers? or does it change the exsisting users as well as far as settings and such?

Raymond

32 Oct 26, 2006 18:40

Depends on when you last downloaded it. Normally you just need to overwrite _autoblog.plugin.php.

But if you want to be sure that in database are the updated default plugin settings, you may uninstall and install the plugin again. (This will NOT delete already created blogs and "Autoblog Group", nor will change any settings for existing autoblogs, user and "Autoblog Group").

The update will affect only NEW autoblogs.

The only thing you should check with your version, is if it has inserted in "evo_usersettings" table the value "autoblog_created" for existing autoblogs, as this setting is important.
To check, see in _autoblog.plugin.php if there is a line like:

$UserSettings->set('autoblog_created'...

If YES, just overwrite _autoblog.plugin.php.
If NO, I will see to post a short script to update this setting for existing autoblogs.

I think I should start keeping a changelog also, sorry but scripting is not my main work :-)

33 Nov 01, 2006 08:31

OK I installed the new plugin but for some reason I still am not seeing the css file being generated. I really don't understand why. I registered as a new user as a test and it still did not create the css for user blogs. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I do have the box checked by default for all new users to create the css file.

Raymond

34 Nov 01, 2006 09:04

With the css checkbox selected the plugin creates the file "style.css" in the following directory: "b2evoroot/media/blogs/username/"
The plugin will create both the "username" folder and the "style.css" file.
So please ensure that the folder "b2evoroot/media/blogs/" is chmoded to 777 and check if at least the "username" folder with write permissions was created.

This works for me. If you still have problems I will try to help further.

35 Nov 04, 2006 00:41

hello fralenuvol !

First of all I must say that Autoblog is a leap of evolution ! Love it.

I posted a thread ealier today ( http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=9749 ), but for simplicity I'll reproduce it here too, it would be great it you could help me please:

That's my problem with Autoblog - SINCE 01/11/06 ! -
(which problem you can see on my site):
I would like to have a link such as:
wwwdomain/b2evoblogs/autobloggerrname
and all my links are showing that way.good.

However, their real actual addresses are:
wwwdomain/b2evoblogs/index.php/autobloggerrname

That's how I set up Autoblog:
- Use stub file: yes
- Stub file extension: empty
- Use stub folder: yes
- Media in stub folder: tick
- Use storage folder: blog/
- Clean Urls with mod_rewrite: tick

I have then created a blog folder in wwwdomain/b2evoblogs/
(which was properly populated once the autoblogger registered).

I then register autobloggername

That's how the user's Blog URL parameters finds itself setup I set up:
- Blog Folder URL: Relative to baseurl: field empty
- Preferred access type: Explicit reference to stub file (Advanced): Stub name: autobloggername
- URL preview: wwwdomain/b2evoblogs/autobloggerrname
And again, as said above, that's how my links are diplaying !

So why is there a index.php that I really didn't want?
What Am I doing wrong?

Thank you

36 Nov 04, 2006 12:35

Hello Sylv :)
first of all I would need some clarification about the issue: if the links are correctly set by the plugin (wwwdomain/b2evoblogs/autobloggerrname), what do you mean for "their real actual addresses" (
wwwdomain/b2evoblogs/index.php/autobloggerrname)?
Is this the URL that shows up in the address bar after clicking the links or what?

At a first glance your settings in autoblog seem to be OK. Regarding "Clean Urls", I presume also you ticked "Use extra-path info" in b2evo general settings.

I think it COULD depend on how server handles .htaccess file.
If you followed Autoblog instructions, yours should contain the following lines:

Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine On 

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^([^/]+)(/(.*))?$ /blogs/$1/index.php/$3 

try to replace the last line:

RewriteRule ^([^/]+)(/(.*))?$ /blogs/$1/index.php/$3 

with:

RewriteRule ^([^/]+)(/(.*))?$ /blogs/$1/index.php/$3 [R=PERMANENT,NC,L]

(you must replace "blogs/" with wathever you named the storage folder)
I remember on a old host that without adding the PERMANENT option, the address switched to the real one, as in your case.

I wait for your feedback.

37 Nov 04, 2006 19:34

Thank you Francesco

to clarify:

what do you mean for "their real actual addresses" (
wwwdomain/b2evoblogs/index.php/autobloggerrname)?
Is this the URL that shows up in the address bar after clicking the links or what?

Yes it is the address on the addrress bar

you can actually see it in action on my site (skin:Plain)
there, try hovering over the top menu, blog list, and cats, and you will get something diferent from each other, AND within each blog !

I presume also you ticked "Use extra-path info" in b2evo general settings.

yes, that was done. (thanks anyway)

Although my .htaccess file actually showed
RewriteRule ^([^/]+)(/(.*))?$ /u/$1/index.php/$3,
I have replaced it as described by yourself above, but without success.

to remind you also that after creating the storage folder (blog), it was properly populated by Autoblog.

Is it possible that the two files described on the post link of my previous post are corrupted? ( http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=9749 )

I went and check the stub (index.php) file, and since it required _blog_main.inc.php I also went to check it.
And this is what I got:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: nt_() in _vars.inc.php on line 171
and also same error for: _main.inc.php

Many thanks for your answers

38 Nov 04, 2006 20:29

Well... it is not easy to me to see what is going on from frontend! 8| :D

Let us start separate things:
1) BLOG A
2) Blog aldo and sylvain

1) Blog A has not been created through autoblog, thus the index.php in urls, seem to be correct if in admin "use extra-path" is set.
Wherever URLs in your blog refer to Blog A, it seems normal that index.php shows up.
You have to change its settings in Admin to remove it (not now, until it works!).

2) Blog "aldo" and "sylvain" seem to have been created with autoblog, and their urls show how they should, BUT they don't work:
the autoblog settings you reported and blogs folder are all correctly populated so, to say more about this, I should know more on:
- your blogs folder location
- content of autoblog stub files
- Confirm that for autoblog url is EMPTY and stub name = USERNAME
- Confirm that the storage folder name (example: blogs) is the same name used as in .htaccess.

Concerning the fatal errors it does not seem to be related with the plugin.

39 Nov 04, 2006 21:18

thank you

blogs folder location is:
http://@deleted@
Content of aldo/index.php:

<?php
			$blog = 11;
			$timestamp_min = '';
			$timestamp_max = 'now';
			require_once '/@deleted@/biblemistranslations/conf/_config.php';
			require $inc_path.'_blog_main.inc.php';
			?>

Content of sylvain/index.php:

<?php
			$blog = 12;
			$timestamp_min = '';
			$timestamp_max = 'now';
			require_once '/@deleted@/biblemistranslations/conf/_config.php';
			require $inc_path.'_blog_main.inc.php';
			?>

htaccess file address is
http://www.@deleted@
storage folder name (example: blogs) is the same name used as in .htaccess. : Comfirmed

- Confirm that for autoblog url is EMPTY and stub name = USERNAME (I'm not sure what you mean..... 8|

Thanks for your time

40 Nov 04, 2006 21:55

- Confirm that for autoblog url is EMPTY and stub name = USERNAME (I'm not sure what you mean.....

Sorry
That in Admin > Blog settings > Aldo blog > General Tab:
- relative to baseurl field is empty
- stubname field is "aldo"

And if you could temporarely delete the .htaccess file (you put it in root, did you?), we could check if autoblog urls work, in order to know if the issue is related to plugin settings or .htaccess.

41 Nov 04, 2006 21:59

If you want you can now delete your directory paths (...public_html...) in your previous message. Maybe it is not safe to leave them here. :)

42 Nov 04, 2006 22:03

Just one doubt: had you copied the sample.htaccess file to .htaccess in your b2evoroot when it didn't work?

43 Nov 04, 2006 22:05

thank you

Yes it is empty :lol:

..(I think that this is the right htaccess you mean, but I've temporarely deleted the file mentioned above (autoblog_plugin/cleanurls.htaccess)

thanks

I keep an eye here

44 Nov 04, 2006 22:13

1) before deleting (for example yesterday):
did you copy the content of autoblog_plugin/cleanurls.htaccess to b2evoroot/.htaccess ?

2) When I type the real url: http://www.biblebureau.com/bibletranslation/blog/aldo/ I get message "b2evolution cannot resolve the requested URL", which means that b2evo cannot resolve the extra path. This happens when you request an url of the form http://.../stub_file.php/bad_extra_path/. What this means? We'll try to see together.

45 Nov 04, 2006 22:34

0) thanks for the deleting http advice.

1)I was trying to reply before I saw your other 2 posts :) (path-crossing thing hein)
but is answer is no........should have I?

2) yep, thats my problem !

46 Nov 04, 2006 22:52

before deleting (for example yesterday):
did you copy the content of autoblog_plugin/cleanurls.htaccess to b2evoroot/.htaccess ?

answer is no........should have I?

cleanurls.htaccess is only a sample file. You have to copy its content to a file named .htaccess and upload it to your b2evoroot. Otherwise it CAN'T work.

I suggest you to restore things before this posts, upload the .htaccess file in root, and see if it works (ensure you have mod_rewrite, otherwise you will get server errors for all blogs with the .htaccess).

And let me know.

For today I have to go, bye. :)

47 Nov 05, 2006 01:31

ANOTHER UPGRADE:
1) now admins can just "tick and click" in user profiles to create autoblogs.

2) A common _autoblog_config.php file is included in all stub files, so you can override the desired parameters for ALL autoblogs from one single file.

What happened until now was that for each new blog, a standard stub file was created, such as:

<?php
$blog = 2;
$skin = 'custom';
$linkblog = 4;
$timestamp_min = '';
$timestamp_max = 'now';
$order = 'ASC';
?>

Now the stub file for each autoblog will be like:

<?php
$blog = 2;
require_once '/path_to_autoblog_plugin/_autoblog_config.php';
?>

All common stub settings are now stored in "_autoblog_config.php".
This will not change the way the blogs work, but it has the great advantage that you may change in future any setting of the default stub file and override this settings for ALL autoblogs, also the existing ones.

The content of _autoblog_config.php also may be changed from within Autoblog Plugin settings, under "Advanced options".

TO UPGRADE:
1) Download the new plugin ( http://www.fralenuvol.com/albero/servizi/webmaster/scripts/b2evolution_autoblog_plugin.php )
2) override _autoblog.plugin.php
3) upload the included _autoblog_config.php in plugin folder
4) Check that the required folders have write permissions, here you have the overwiew: http://www.fralenuvol.com/albero/servizi/webmaster/scripts/b2evolution_autoblog_plugin.php#rights

That's it.

48 Nov 05, 2006 07:55

ok my friend

I've given up on Autoblog stub files ( >:( I hate doing that)
and have resolved to the fact that I'm stub(ornly) stub(id) about stub(by) stub files.

all works well now

Thanks for all your help
Autoblog rocks

49 Nov 09, 2006 16:13

BUGFIX:
Fixed bug in advanced options when using: (stub files )+ (extra-path) + (.htaccess)

Urls were previously composed with:
blogurl="";
stub="username";
New urls instead are composed this way:
blogurl="username/";
stub="";

To upgrade:
1) just overwrite _autoblog.plugin.php

ONLY IF you used all above options, also:
2) correct stub and blogurl of existing autoblogs in blog settings, according to the rules above.

To Sylv: I think I found your problem.

50 Nov 09, 2006 19:46

:lol: I'm all ears my friend :lol:

PS: I downlaoded the upgrade of the 6th.

51 Nov 10, 2006 00:51

Your problem "should" be fixed with this upgrade. Because I was able to replicate your issue, and I solved it for myself with this fix. (which was uploaded on 2006/11/09)

Try and see. :)

52 Nov 10, 2006 03:12

Thank you fralenuvol,

I will go through the lot, set it all up..........
and of course give you the new ;)

Thanks

53 Nov 10, 2006 05:48

ok.....2.5 hrs later..... :-/

I've follow all I could from both this thread, your homepage and the Docs.

The only thing which is bugging me is the .htaccess file:
I've managed to rename it from sample.htaccess to .htaccess
I've also managed (Ithink) the make mod_rewrite (I think)
but when I add into it anything from the cleanurls.htaccess file, all I get is a big 404 !
so here the coly of my .htaccess file:

# Apache configuration for the blog folder

# this will select the default blog template to be displayed
# if the URL is just .../blogs/
<IfModule mod_dir.c>
	DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
</IfModule>

# this will make register globals off in b2's directory
# just put a '#' sign before these three lines if you don't want that
<IfModule mod_php4.c>
	php_flag register_globals off
</IfModule>

# If you're using Apache 2, you may wish to try this for clean URLs:
# AcceptPathInfo	On
# BEGIN b2evolution
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>
# END b2evolution

Point of note: I am not using Apache 2, but Apache 1.3.37 (Unix)

You're very welcome to check my site and see the link created with the blog called sylvain

Sorry for being such a ......., and thank you again.

54 Nov 10, 2006 10:06

Sorry for being such a .......

nice person. :) I have 2 tips:

1) I am not an expert in .htaccess file, but I can post you the content of my .htaccess file which is slightly different and works. Replace ALL the content of yours with this one:

<IfModule mod_dir.c>
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_php4.c>
</IfModule>

Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine On 

# Replace "blogs/" with whatever your Stub Storage Folder is called in Autoblog Plugin. Example: "mystorage/" 
RewriteRule ^([^/]+)(/(.*))?$ /blogs/$1/index.php/$3 [R=PERMANENT,NC,L]

2) If this does not work, I think we should ask somebody who knows .htaccess well.
For example you could try to ask to the authors of the following topics:
http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=9251
http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=1564

Please keep me up to date with this, so that others may share our findings.

[EDITED:]
Additional question:
I presume that the REAL location of your blogs is:
http://www.biblebureau.com/bibletranslation/blogs/
Is that right? And are stub folders with corresponding stub "index.php" correctly created?

Because if answer is YES the problem should definitively be solved in .htaccess file above.

55 Nov 10, 2006 13:19

Very good, this update solve one of my problem with upload file in media folder.

Now another question : the size limit to upload file is 100 ko, is it possible to change it and where ?

Thanks !

56 Nov 10, 2006 15:51

The file size limit is not set by autoblog, but in b2evolution settings.
Go in Admin>>Settings>>Files and set the desired size limit from there.

57 Nov 10, 2006 17:02

cheers !! :)

This is the result that I get:

- before, I got the right link showing on hovering the blog on the blog list,
but after registering, I was redirected to:
http://www.XXX
and the [u]real[/u] url on the adress bar was:
http://www.XXX/index.php/sylvain

- After I copied your access file, I also got the right link on hovering,
but after registering, I was redirected to:
and the [u]real[/u] url on the adress bar is:

.......strange.

58 Nov 10, 2006 17:36

Your urls are getting me crazy :)

Anyway I think we are getting closer.
Because in aldo's blog, now your URL's are definitively RIGHT.
So, you should check if the .htaccess redirects to the correct REAL url (stub folder+index.php).

I repeat: focus ONLY on .htaccess, the rest is now fine.

59 Nov 10, 2006 17:56

Thank you fralenuvol

Your urls are getting me crazy :)

Tell me about it :)

I repeat: focus ONLY on .htaccess, the rest is now fine.

Focus: ON (thanks)

Peut-etre que monsieur pppplus pourrait nous aider ?

Proverò il mio migliore

61 Nov 10, 2006 19:31

Ok..I've added a line to the .htacces file, and now the redirections are good.

I've posted a question to the author of your first link also (whom line I copied)

.........Waiting for reply..........

62 Nov 10, 2006 22:30

Now you have to tell it all. :)
Could you please tell what line you added?

63 Nov 10, 2006 22:51

This what I now have:

<IfModule mod_dir.c>
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_php4.c>
</IfModule>

Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine On

# Replace "blogs/" with whatever your Stub Storage Folder is called in Autoblog Plugin. Example: "mystorage/"
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(/blog/([^/]+))(/?(.*))?$
RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/%1.php -f
RewriteRule ^([^/\?]+)(/?(.*))?$ %2.php$2 [L] 

My storage folder of course is blog

64 Nov 10, 2006 23:03

This .htaccess does not work for me. If the author helps us understanding in which case the 2 apply, maybe I will include both in Autoblog Plugin.

Now it is me that can say thank you. :)

65 Nov 10, 2006 23:11

Yea, that would be quite cool.

I don't know, though, this post is from march. Saying that, he is active......... We'll see

Now it is me that can say thank you

Too kind.....but I don't know.... I've just copied ;)
Keep an eye here maybe: http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=9251

:)

PS: I've updated my links because I really need to get on blogging (I've made some promises)

66 Nov 13, 2006 13:42

UPGRADE:
Autoblog has been updated for b2evolution 1.8.5 "Oktoberfest".

This upgrade contains also a small bugfix for 1.8.2 in default autoblog_config.php.
For 1.8.2 users, to upgrade :
1) upload new autoblog_config.php and _autoblog.plugin.php
2) reload plugin default settings

For eventual bugs you may contact me here: http://www.fralenuvol.com/contatto/?pid=10

67 Nov 26, 2006 04:06

Hello all, another update:

1) Users may choose individually in registration form, if they want their blog to be created or not. If Autoblog Plugin is disabled in frontend, this option will not appear.

2) Admins may see in user profiles through backoffice which users are awaiting their autoblog (before validation) and eventually create it.

3) All strings of Autoblog Plugin are now consistent with the b2evo language strings:
"Hello all" -> _T("Hello all")

4) blueyed fixed some minor bugs in code (thanks!)

To upgrade, just overwrite the file _autoblog.plugin.php

68 Nov 26, 2006 23:10

Attention:
If you already installed the plugin before, please wait before upgrading, I have found a flaw when overwriting the files, and I am currently working on it.

[EDITED:]
It is solved.
How already said above, to upgrade just download and overwrite _autoblog.plugin.php.

69 Nov 29, 2006 01:00

Autoblog Plugin upgrade for b2evo 1.9-beta.
This version is backwards compatible for b2evolution 1.8.5.

Changes:
- Fixed PHP warnings and undefined variable $show_statuses notice.
- Added notification email of newly created blog to users.
- Added localisation, at present italian language is included. Translators are welcome.

To upgrade:
1) upload "locales" folder included in dowload into autoblog plugin folder
2) overwrite _autoblog.plugin.php
3) overwrite _autoblog_config.php
4) Reload in autoblog plugin settings default values.

70 Nov 30, 2006 23:08

Hi,

I always use version 1.8.2 (not enough time to upgrade but I will do it as soon as possible !)

I have a small problem : users can register with "special" characters like space or ' for their blog, and I have problem with this.

Is it possible to allow only letters and numbers for choosen name ?

Because when I take url with a mysql_query, I have a problem with a blog with an url like "member'sblog". The ' provocates an erreur in my request.

$sqlblog_2=mysql_query("SELECT blog_shortname,blog_urlname FROM zevo_blogs WHERE blog_urlname='$loginblog'");
	$urlblog=mysql_result($sqlblog_2, 0, "blog_urlname");

Or maybe I have just to change my code ?

And with space in the name, it is my host which stops the blog, space are not allowed in directory.

I hope my message is understandable...

Thanks[/code]

71 Dec 01, 2006 00:34

In current version of autoblog, special characters are automatically converted:
For example username AccéntedUppercase will have as blog shortname and url: accenteduppercase
(accents removed and all lowercase).
Member's blog will have as blog shortname and url: member_s_blog
(aphostroph and space converted to underscores).

The current version of autoblog is valid for b2evo 1.8.5 - 1.9.0-beta.

If you still have the version for 1.8.2, make the following changes:

In _autoblog_plugin.php find something like this:

$new_blog_shortname = $new_User->login;

And replace with:

$new_blog_shortname = '';
		// Unique names of new blog: shortname & urlname & category & staticfilename
		// Replace HTML entities
		$new_blog_shortname = htmlentities( $new_User->login, ENT_NOQUOTES );
		// Keep only one char in entities!
		$new_blog_shortname = preg_replace( '/&(.).+?;/', '$1', $new_blog_shortname );
		// Remove non acceptable chars
		$new_blog_shortname = preg_replace( '/[^A-Za-z0-9]+/', '_', $new_blog_shortname );
		// Remove '_' at start and end:
		$new_blog_shortname = preg_replace( '/^_+/', '', $new_blog_shortname );
		$new_blog_shortname = preg_replace( '/_+$/', '', $new_blog_shortname );
		// Uppercase the first character of each word in a string
		$new_blog_shortname = strtolower( $new_blog_shortname );

This will do the work.

72 Dec 01, 2006 01:30

According to some requests, in the download are included the pre-hacked files for BOTH b2evo versions 1.8.5 and 1.9.0-beta.

73 Dec 01, 2006 10:21

Thanks fralenuvol.

You answer very quickly, you are a pro !! :p :p :p

I can help if you need to translate some files in french. Just tell me which one and I will do it when I have time.

A small note :
You write : Folder permissions

You have to ensure that the following folder have write permissions: (777):

In some host 777 is not allowed, but it works fin with 775.

74 Dec 01, 2006 12:39

Thanks for your note. :) I added it in the readme.txt.

For the translation, you will find the english strings to translate in:
autoblog_plugin/locales/it_IT/_global.php and README.txt

For your convenience I add the 2 files as attachments in this post.

75 Dec 01, 2006 14:08

OK
I take care of german and dutch

76 Dec 02, 2006 13:25

Autoblog Plugin Update:
Fixed exception for b2evolution 1.9.1-beta where autoblog was not created if admin was creating a new user.

To upgrade:
just overwrite _autoblog.plugin.php

77 Dec 06, 2006 18:28

I released a new Plugin: Usable Skin Plugin http://www.fralenuvol.com/albero/servizi/webmaster/scripts/b2evolution_usable_skin_plugin.php

This plugin extends the skin features of b2evolution.

Among the features available to bloggers:
Custom content and hiding posts in homepage, Sticky announcements, Custom Photo and Color Theme Switcher.

For blog admins, everything is editable from FRONTEND (incontext editing).

I reccomend it shipping together with autoblog plugin, your autobloggers will be happy.

78 Dec 10, 2006 14:22

Autoblog Plugin Update:
1.2 Stable release:
- Added french translation (thanks to ppplus)
- Enhanced notification email after autoblog creation
- Fixed bug in "sample.htaccess" file (thanks to contributor)
- Fixed minor notices and code clean-up.

To upgrade:
- Just overwrite "_autoblog.plugin.php".
- If you use ".htaccess" or French locale, overwrite the whole plugin folder.

79 Dec 13, 2006 00:54

Hi Iran, thanks for your suggestions.

As general answer, I gave to Autoblog Group/Users, the permissions they needed to write in their own blog, without being able to change general settings.
In my intentions it was clear (at least to me), that Admins would not grant voluntarly the additional rights to mess up the whole blog. But maybe it should be clearly stated somewhere.

I think this answer applies to your first 2 suggestions.

About the third point I think you are absolutely right.
Indeed, the only parts I wanted to display to users at the beginning where skins and what actually is under the "display" tab. I still was not fond with b2evolution plugin system, and I thought that heavy hacking of the code would be necessary, and I wanted to avoid this.
But I will have a look now if it is possible to "hide" the unwanted tabs.

Even if -how it was suggested to me- still somebody could update those settings editing the url manually.

Thus this would be "hiding" but not "solving" the problem, which actually still needs hacking.

...and no, I did not know BlogHoster.net :)

80 Dec 15, 2006 16:34

Autoblog Plugin Update:
The plugin hides now completely undesired backoffice settings and server paths to autobloggers.

To do this, a line of code was added in the hack part of autoblog plugin, while it is no more necessary to hack "inc/VIEW/collections/_blogs_permissions_group.form.php".

In order to avoid confusion:
this method follows some suggestions of blueyed and got the "final kick" thanks to Yabba.
It is not related to other hacks in this forum which hack b2evo's core, while with this one, if you disable Autoblog Plugin, you will still have a fully and STANDARD b2evolution install.

81 Jan 12, 2007 17:30

I am experiencing this error on my autoblog...

Warning: main(C:/Domains/SJDTRANSIT.com/wwwroot/plugins/autoblog_plugin/_autoblog_config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Domains\SJDTRANSIT.com\wwwroot\u\iampedro\index.php on line 3

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'C:/Domains/SJDTRANSIT.com/wwwroot/plugins/autoblog_plugin/_autoblog_config.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\Domains\SJDTRANSIT.com\wwwroot\u\iampedro\index.php on line 3

What should I do to fix it?

82 Jan 12, 2007 18:30

You should just verify that you did upload together with the "autoblog_plugin" folder, the file "_autoblog_config.php", and chmod this file to 777.

83 Jan 12, 2007 18:57

Sure ... I fixed the problem...

Thanks for your help...

Now I just need to configure the page...

84 Jan 17, 2007 00:25

Hey fralenuvol, first off, thanks for that awesome plugin!

I was wondering if this would be possible:

When a new user registers, a new directory is created and a blank "style.css" is dropped. This stylesheet does not override any main style sheet settings thgou.

SO..

In my skin's _main.php i have a header div with the class

<div class="header"></div>

I was wondering if we could call the username in that class to suffix it dynamically with the username. Meaning, we can have one skin but depending on the user, dynamically select a custom header image.

ex;

<div class="header<?php Pull Username here ?>"></div>

SO the generated class will be <div class="headerUsername"></div> which we can style in the custom style sheet dropped in the users directory.

Hope that made sense! And hope it's possible![/code]

85 Jan 17, 2007 00:54

I think you can already achieve something similar with Autoblog Plugin:
At the bottom of Autoblog plugin Settings, you will find the option: "Custom CSS".
If you enable this, a blank "style.css" wll be created in folder "media/blogs/username" folder. This style may be edited by autobloggers.

The interesting part is that the styles defined in the blank "style.css" will be ADDED (and not replace) the default style. Therefore if you have your

<div class="header"></div>

and the blogger customizes the class

#header{...your style here...}

this will override for this blogger the default style.

Note: if you try this, ensure:
- that the folder "media/blogs/" has write permissions.
- to enable "Allow customized blog CSS file" in Blog Settings -> Display

86 Jan 17, 2007 18:39

How can I have it where when someone registers that only the admin or people with those rights are the ones that allow for that person to be able to post?

87 Jan 17, 2007 23:03

Go to Admin>Appl Settings>Plugins and click on Autoblog Plugin to access its Settings:
There you find the option "Enable posts".
If you set this to NO, the Autobloggers must wait for an admin to enable them to post in their blog.

88 Jan 19, 2007 19:44

Where as the Admin will I need to approve them will it be under that particular user account?

89 Jan 20, 2007 20:45

First of all, thanks for developing such a great plugin! It saves me a lot of work. :)
But now I have a question regarding one of the features of your plugin: On your page it says that admins are able to "manually" generate an Autoblog for users, but the problem is I can't find any checkboxes or similar on the user administration page. I'm logged in as an admin (group id=1) and the user currently has no Autoblog. (I disabled automatic generations on registration)
So where can I find the checkbox? And is it possible for users to "request" an Autoblog? I found a localization string that implies something like that: "This user asked for an autoblog"...
Thanks in advance,

Edit: Just found the checkbox. I just had to reload the "events and codes" on the plugin page... That leaves only the second question open. :)

Edit2: Okay I just tried to generate an Autoblog by using the checkbox on the userpage, but it didn't work at all. :( The page just said "user details updated" and nothing happened... I'm using b2evolution 1.9.1-beta and Autoblog 1.8.2

Edit3: And another bug, I think... the "allow skin switching" checkbox is actually a "force skin" checkbox, so if you "enable" it, you actually FORBID users to switch the skin. Kinda irritating... ;)

90 Jan 20, 2007 23:08

Thanks for your reports.
I am currently going back and forward to hospital for my son (nothing serious!).
I will take the time for your considerations in a few days.

Bye :)

91 Jan 22, 2007 16:46

Hello! Hope all is well with your son! Good to know it was nothing serious.

I was wondering if there was a way to list all the user names created with autoblog. Look at http://9rules.com/ where they have the category names at the top. I'd like to have all the user names that have registered through autoblog.

Of course i am limiting the number of users to about 25 so I will not have the challenge of trying to fit 100 or more names!

Thanks,
Conrad

92 Jan 23, 2007 19:53

Hello,
in some days when I am free I will post you also a litlle handy function which will list all autoblog users in any template (and limit them to the last 25 for example ;) )

93 Jan 26, 2007 06:04

My blog is located at theblogidea.info

I have setup autoblog and have been testing to create a new blog several times.

I created http://theblogidea.info/u/rafiquesblog/

only Folder U was created, no file was created , hence the link shows error

Please tell me where i am wrong

94 Jan 26, 2007 08:24

ciao Francesco
no so parlare inglese..

anti tutto ti ringriazio per lo script..
ho un piccolo problema nel permesso al blog nuovi creati..

il permesso dato dopo que un nuevo usuario si registra è 777 nella posizione u/nuevoblog/ e cuando da per il mail la confirma y si registra per andare nel suo nuovo blog, appare errore 404 y ho scoperto que dandoli i permessi al u/nuevoblog 755 il problema si risolve...

la domanda he ¿como posso cambiare la asignazione del permesso que gli da al aprire il nuevo blog?

¿o se no ho sbagliato cualcosa altro..

grazie

Miguel

95 Jan 28, 2007 14:51

Hello,

i have install. the plugin and it works. But i have some problems:

*a new (Blog) user can not change the template (when i do so, there are no changes in blog)

and, on the blogpage there are a few errors like that (look at the picture)

*Another question is, what is with the 419310174_041206themes.zip file?

* I will allow user to edit the template, how can i do this

* How can i make a "custom" register page? (i need just the register page as "home page"

chmode is corecct
Can new users change their blog settings in admin backend? - yes
Use stub file: yes
Use stub folder: Yes

Thank you and regards

Jörg

PS: have someone a german language file?

96 Jan 29, 2007 03:33

First of all: Thx for a really great plugin!

I have the following problem: when a new blog is created with autoblog the user dir (www.mydomain.com/blog/u/username) permission is set to 777, but my on server that results in 500 internal server error. If I manually change the permission of the user folder to 755 everyhing works fine.

So: how do I get autoblog to set the userdir permissions to 755 instead of 777?

97 Jan 31, 2007 19:03

I have a question regarding one of the features of your plugin: On your page it says that admins are able to "manually" generate an Autoblog for users, but the problem is I can't find any checkboxes or similar on the user administration page.

I'm logged in as an admin (group id=1) and the user currently has no Autoblog.

So where can I find the checkbox?

Best Regards

98 Jan 31, 2007 19:09

When you go to "Users" and choose "add user" there is a check box "Create Autoblog: "

Check this box to create an autoblog for the new user.

99 Feb 01, 2007 00:07

Francesco, I'm back again.

I'll start off by saying that your plugin is excellent (as usual)...

Now I'll tell you the problem I'm having at this moment. I'll paste the whole message I've already sent in the support forum sothat you can get an idea of the context.

The part concerning your autoblog plugin is only towards the middle of the message (in red).

PASTE message

I'm having the following problem:

I log in to my admin area (I'm the admin of the site). I do what I have to do. Then, when I want to log out I click on the log out button in the top right hand corner.

But I don't get logged out. I keep getting sent back to the admin area. I've tried to hover the mouse on the log out button to see the script and this is what is written in my browser:

[my site]/b2/htsrv/login.php?action=logout&redirect_to=http://[my site]/b2/admin.php

I have to click on exit to blogs and then on the logout button I find on that blog to be logged out! Otherwise I am always in my admin area!

What must I do?

When this started I also got some other problems:

1)I have the autoblog plugin installed and it works just fine. But now, when I register a new user through the register page, and then validate the email through the link in the service email that is sent to the user, instead of getting the user's blog coming up, I get the following:

Index of /b2/u/(username)
Name Last modified Size Description
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parent Directory 30-Jan-2007 05:10 -

It's a white page, something like a copy of a directory, etc. I'm a beginner so I don't really know what's happening.

I can access the user's admin area but when I click on exit to blog from his admin area, I'm taken to http://perinot.net/b2/u/(username)/index.php which gives me a 404 PAGE NOT FOUND. (!)

2) sometimes when I click on a blog, from inside my admin area, the address I'm sent to is:

[my site]/b2/index.php/a

What's that? What's that 'a'?

Please help!!

I need babytalk as I'm a beginner...

Thanks in advance.

Just to add that I installed two plugins in the meantime: the smilies one and the BBCode one. And this was done just before these problems.

I'm forced to edit this message as I come up with more details about the problem.
1)I log in to my admin area
2)I work
3)I click on the log out button
4)I do not get logged out. I'm always in my admin area
5)If I click on another tab (e.g. users) I get logged out
- And let's say that I've just logged in and am moving about inmy admin panel, if I move to another tab in my admin area (e.g. plugins) and try to log out FROM THAT PAGE, I am taken to my main admin panel (the write, post, page, etc.).
-If I then try to logout from the admin panel I get stuck in the admin panel and I am not logged out.

100 Feb 01, 2007 00:41

chrpeder wrote:

When you go to "Users" and choose "add user" there is a check box "Create Autoblog: "

Check this box to create an autoblog for the new user.

Sorry but when i do these operations, there isn't this checkbox "create autoblog", and i really don't understand why... 8|

101 Feb 02, 2007 13:30

Hello.

I have some problem with changing every users blog parameters.
Every time when I try to change blog name, description, etc. the next windows shows this message: Parameter «blog_access_type» is required!

When I login as administrator, the changes are successfully. I tried to change the user level to 10, but error message still here. When I disabled the autoblog plugin everything works fine, but now missing the autoblog plugin :)

I tried it with b2evo 1.87 and 1.92. This message shows always:

Updating Blog [This is the personal blog of demouser]...
Bad Request!
The parameters of your request are invalid.

If you have obtained this error by clicking on a link INSIDE of this site, please report the bad link to the administrator.

Go back to home page

Additional information about this error:
Parameter «blog_access_type» is required!

Please help!

Thank you!

spl (sorry for my english)

102 Feb 03, 2007 18:37

I have finaly successfully installed this plugin, but I have a huge problem now.

It doesn't work when I change my local settings to Hungarian. When I do this the plugin page don't loading to window. Explorer and Firefox try to download the admin.php file.

When I delete files form my locales/hu_HU directory it works again fine.
When I delete the plugin and local is hungarian it works again fine.

I can't understand how can I translate to hungarian the autoblog plugin.

Please help. Thank you (b2evo1.9.2)

103 Feb 05, 2007 01:26

rdp786 wrote:

My blog is located at theblogidea.info

I have setup autoblog and have been testing to create a new blog several times.

I created http://theblogidea.info/u/rafiquesblog/

only Folder U was created, no file was created , hence the link shows error

Please tell me where i am wrong

When autoblog creates the new userfolder, please check and tell me which are the current permissions of the created folder, and if you can check, tell me also who is the current owner on apache of this folder.

104 Feb 05, 2007 01:33

participacion wrote:

ciao Francesco
no so parlare inglese..

il permesso dato dopo que un nuevo usuario si registra è 777 nella posizione u/nuevoblog/ e cuando da per il mail la confirma y si registra per andare nel suo nuovo blog, appare errore 404 y ho scoperto que dandoli i permessi al u/nuevoblog 755 il problema si risolve...

la domanda he ¿como posso cambiare la asignazione del permesso que gli da al aprire il nuevo blog?

grazie

Miguel

Ti mando in allegato il file da sostituire.
Questo assegna come permessi 755, al posto di 777.

Sovrascrivi il file _autoblog.plugin.php con questo e dimmi se ti funziona.

105 Feb 05, 2007 01:53

ruhrpott wrote:

Hello,

i have install. the plugin and it works. But i have some problems:

Hello ruhrpott,
I am not sure to understand if all your questions concern the autoblog plugin:

a new (Blog) user can not change the template

Do you mean change skin in admin?
Because f you go to Administration -> Blog Settings ->Skins and select your new skin you should.

and, on the blogpage there are a few errors like that (look at the picture)

This is the first time such an error is reported to me, can't say anything on that, sorry, would need more info to tell what it depends on (if it depends on autoblog)

what is with the 419310174_041206themes.zip file?

I don't know what this is.

* How can i make a "custom" register page? (i need just the register page as "home page"

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but for this kind of needs I created UsableSkin Plugin, which allows you to insert custom content in homepage (for example the HTML of the registration form).
Check this URL: http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=10119

106 Feb 05, 2007 02:05

chrpeder wrote:

I have the following problem: when a new blog is created with autoblog the user dir (www.mydomain.com/blog/u/username) permission is set to 777, but my on server that results in 500 internal server error. If I manually change the permission of the user folder to 755 everyhing works fine.

Try to overwrite this file where all folder/file permissions are set to 755 instead of 777.
If it works well I will update the official download.

107 Feb 05, 2007 02:11

Magici1 wrote:

I have a question regarding one of the features of your plugin: On your page it says that admins are able to "manually" generate an Autoblog for users, but the problem is I can't find any checkboxes or similar on the user administration page.

Best Regards

In order to see this feature you need also to install the hack, according to install info.
chrpeder's tip is right, but you can see it only after installing the additional hack! :)

108 Feb 05, 2007 02:21

spl wrote:

I have finaly successfully installed this plugin, but I have a huge problem now.
It doesn't work when I change my local settings to Hungarian. When I do this the plugin page don't loading to window. Explorer and Firefox try to download the admin.php file.
When I delete files form my locales/hu_HU directory it works again fine.
When I delete the plugin and local is hungarian it works again fine.

I can't understand how can I translate to hungarian the autoblog plugin.

Please help. Thank you (b2evo1.9.2)

I presume you have solved succesfully your first problem (Parameter «blog_access_type»).
If you think it was related to autoblog, please report me more details.

Concerning the hu_HU locale, give me some little time to investigate the problem.

109 Feb 05, 2007 02:37

cperinot wrote:

1)I have the autoblog plugin installed and it works just fine. But now, when I register a new user through the register page, and then validate the email through the link in the service email that is sent to the user, instead of getting the user's blog coming up, I get the following:

Index of /b2/u/(username)
Name Last modified Size Description
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parent Directory 30-Jan-2007 05:10 -

It's a white page, something like a copy of a directory, etc. I'm a beginner so I don't really know what's happening.

I can access the user's admin area but when I click on exit to blog from his admin area, I'm taken to http://perinot.net/b2/u/(username)/index.php which gives me a 404 PAGE NOT FOUND. (!)

Hello cperinot,
what you describe happens because we have a link to a folder which contains no index page and therefore the list of files in the directory is listed.
Concerning Autoblog Plugin, this means that the "index.php" stub file inside the "username" folder was not created correctly.

But i gave a look at your site and saw that many were created, others not.
So I would like to know what is currently happening when a new user registers: is his "username/index.php" file recently created or not?

Secundarily, if you still did not solve your other general problem, you should try to switch all plugins off before this problem rised, and see if autoblog is working correctly without them.

110 Feb 05, 2007 02:48

iampedro wrote:

Where as the Admin will I need to approve them will it be under that particular user account?

You can go to Admin -> Blog Settings -> (yourblog) -> User permissions.
From there you can set the chosen User as Admin of his own Blog.

111 Feb 05, 2007 03:50

conradical wrote:

I wondering if there was a way to list all the user names created with autoblog. Look at http://9rules.com/ where they have the category names at the top. I'd like to have all the user names that have registered through autoblog.
Of course i am limiting the number of users to about 25 so I will not have the challenge of trying to fit 100 or more names!
Thanks,
Conrad

Unzip and upload the "addons/" folder in "autoblog_plugin" folder.
Where you want to appear the list of the current active autoblogs, insert this line of code in your skin:

<?php include ($plugins_path."autoblog_plugin/addons/_autoblog_list.php"); ?>

This will generate a list of current autobloggers, linked to their autoblog.
See here for demo: http://siti.fralenuvol.com/demouser/

if you open the included file. you will see you can set some basic options, such as max number of autobloggers to show, separator style and prepend Title.

112 Feb 05, 2007 09:25

Thanks francesco for your reply.

But i gave a look at your site and saw that many were created, others not.
So I would like to know what is currently happening when a new user registers: is his "username/index.php" file recently created or not?

Yes, everything was fine until very recently.
But this last blog, the one that has the problem, doesn't have anything in its folder (no index.php).

I will now switch off recent plugins to see if everything works.

Thanks in advance.

113 Feb 05, 2007 09:37

Francesco, yes it's working again!

So that's really good.

The other problem remains - when I try to log out form the blog I keep getting taken back to the admin of the blog. I then click on any other tab and I am taken out (logged out) to the login page.

One more thing: I would also like to have the 'autoblog create a new autoblog checkbox' in my admin.

What exactly must I do? (I have read the thread and you told a previous user to use the 'hack' - where do I find it and where must I put it?).

Nice to have the chance to get your help. Thanks again.

EDIT:

I have just put these files in my site in the 1.8.5 folder:

"inc/_misc/_plugins.class.php"
"inc/_misc/_plugin.class.php"
"inc/_misc/_form.class.php"

but i don't find the autoblog checkbox. Maybe I put the wrong files? Please help.

114 Feb 05, 2007 19:51

Concerning the hu_HU locale, give me some little time to investigate the problem.

Thanks for your answer.
I'm waiting.

Plugin is great! Congratulation! B)
spl

115 Feb 06, 2007 14:40

fralenuvol wrote:

Magici1 wrote:

Best Regards

In order to see this feature you need also to install the hack, according to install info.
chrpeder's tip is right, but you can see it only after installing the additional hack! :)

I finally found the checkbox, but when i create a new user and wanted to create the blog in the admin part, the folder u/ and the blog aren't created and i don't understand why.

EDIT : the checkbox "create an autoblog" has been validated in the admin part, but when I come back to this page, the validation is still required, so I can't create the blog.

Best Regards

116 Feb 07, 2007 09:16

Could you tell me EXACTLY where I should find the autoblog checkbox in the user administration page? Under/near/above which other option?

Thanks a lot.

117 Feb 09, 2007 18:24

Hi all,

I'm running 1.8.7 version and authenticating users via LDAP. I'm also using the AutoBlog plugin. My question is, when I login, I get a message saying: "Since you're a newcomer, you'll have to wait for an admin to authorize you to post. You can also e-mail the admin to ask for a promotion. When you're promoted, just reload this page and you'll be able to blog"

I know that I can manually login into the blog admin interface and assign correct user permisson to his/her blog. But isn't there any automated technique, because I want users to create and post blogs without an admin getting involved.

Also "Enable Post" under AutoBlog setting is ON
Thanks!

118 Feb 14, 2007 05:17

Right now I have disabled the autoblog feature inside of the plugin but my problem is after a e-mail is sent to them it doesn't allow for the blogger to be enabled to post.. How do I allow for the blogger to be able to post? Is it under groups?

119 Feb 18, 2007 10:37

its make the "username" folder for each user in "u" folder but nothing is created in the "username" directory. althow I set all permissinons to 777. what shoud I do now?

120 Feb 19, 2007 23:40

fralenuvol wrote:

chrpeder wrote:

Try to overwrite this file where all folder/file permissions are set to 755 instead of 777.
If it works well I will update the official download.

I installed it and it works! Great! Thank you for this!

121 Feb 23, 2007 20:00

Autoblog plugin makes 1.9.2 go boom.
etc.

Notice: Undefined variable: show_statuses in /home/mogster/public_html/blogs/inc/_blog_main.inc.php on line 307

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mogster/public_html/blogs/inc/_blog_main.inc.php:307) in /home/mogster/public_html/blogs/inc/MODEL/skins/_skin.funcs.php on line 71

Have restored backups o.o

122 Mar 07, 2007 21:03

Hi there,

Once again congratulations for your nice plugin.

I have some users in my database, and Im using version 1.92. There are some users that migrated to other blog site. But, when I delete the user in my user management, the Blog continues, and appear in "categories" and "blog settings". What am I doing wrong?

Orator

123 Mar 08, 2007 15:44

mogster wrote:

My dear friend,

I have 1.9.2 here working wonderfully with Autoblog. Try to make a clear installation without using any other hacks or plugins and test it. Beyond that, check if the user directory (generally "U"), is chmoded 777, and check the chmod used in the users directories inside "U", some servers wont work with 777, then you have to change them to 755 and get the new pluggin that fralenuvol made, which is available in this topic, just search it.

Orator

124 Mar 13, 2007 21:40

I have created a bunch of categories in my main blog that I want new users accounts created through autoblog to share. Can't find an answer. Is there a way to predetermine the categories on accounts set up using autoblogger?

Thanks,
Matt

125 Apr 09, 2007 12:56

Hallo axion!

I don't know much about php, but i can show you the place where you change the category creation settings. It's in the _autoblog.plugin.php around line 388 and looks like

// create category for the new blog
cat_create($new_blog_cat, 'NULL', $new_blog_ID);

nureac

126 Apr 09, 2007 13:04

Hallo!
I would like to change the shown newblog URL in the welcome massage. At moment it looks like
http://domain.tld/newblogname/
and in future it should look like
http://newblogname.domain.tld

The code of this setting is in _autoblog.plugin.php around line 508

// Set full http url for new blog
if( $this->Settings->get('use_stub') != "false" ) {
	$new_blog_full_url = $baseurl.$new_blog_siteurl;
}else{
	$new_blog_full_url = $baseurl.'index.php?blog='.$new_blog_ID;
}

I use stub files so i only have to change the url settings inside the if array.
Can anyone help? My php knowledge is limited, the same as my english skills, sorry.

EDIT:
Could this work?

// Set full http url for new blog
if( $this->Settings->get('use_stub') != "false" ) {
	$new_blog_full_url = 'http://'.$new_blog_shortname.'.domain.tld';

EDIT:
It works fine ;)

Thanks nureac

127 May 04, 2007 05:17

This plug in is FANTASTIC!
One more thing though..

People kept registering and registering
but they have no limits to how much they can
post in their blog.. How can I set or control the disc space
or amount of posts for each registered blogs?

128 May 04, 2007 10:05

Does anyone have experiences with the autoblog plugin and the new 1.10 Miami release?

129 May 22, 2007 23:10

hello nureac
i have integrated your code but it dosen't work with me
i have tried it localy (not on line) with apache server but it's not working
and i don't understand if i have to replace '.domain.tld';
by somthing else.
can you help me please???

130 Jun 15, 2007 17:00

Hi,

Today, all my blogs are blocked !

I have this message :(I replace real names by /**myhost**/ and /**username**/)
Warning: main(/**myhost**/blogs/plugins/autoblog_plugin/_autoblog_config.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in //**myhost**/blogs/free/**username**/index.php on line 3

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '//**myhost**/blogs/plugins/autoblog_plugin/_autoblog_config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in //**myhost**/blogs/free/**username**/index.php on line 3

Before all work perfectly from several months. And I changed nothing !
Can you tell what happens and what can I do ?

Thanks for your help

131 Jun 15, 2007 23:20

Hi,

I find the problem, my host change his name !

I have something like /home.10.6/www/ and now it is /home.10.18/www/

Do you know how to change all index.php files in each stub folders ? Because I have more than 300 blogs !

Thanks for your help

Note : I try to to read the file (before to change it) with the code :

$page=file_get_contents($file);

but $page stay empty.

If someone can propose a php script (or a function in autoblog ?) to edit all index.php file in stub folders, it will be great !!

132 Jun 16, 2007 10:56

I post here my script :

I put some echo to view if I am on the right directory...
All is perfect : with the line unlink, I can delete the bad index.php file in each stub directory.
But the line fwrite do not write anything (and do not create the file index.php).

What is wrong ? Thanks for your help.

The code is probably not perfect, I try not very often to write into files.

$homeDir=".";
$dirHandle = opendir ($homeDir);
while (false !== ($dirname=readdir($dirHandle)))
{
  if (is_dir ("{$homeDir}/{$dirname}"))
    if($dirname!="." && $dirname!="..")$homeDirs[] = $dirname;
}
closedir ($dirHandle);
//sort ($homeDirs);
print_r ($homeDirs);

foreach($homeDirs as $valeur)
{
  $dirHandle = opendir ($homeDir);
  while (false !== ($dirname=readdir($dirHandle)))
  {
    if($dirname==$valeur) 
	{ 
	  echo "<br>";
	  chdir($valeur);
	  echo "<p>$valeur</p>";

$files = glob("*.php");
foreach ($files as $filename) {
    echo "<br> fichier = $filename<br>";
	if($filename=='index.php')
	{
		  $fichier=$monhost."/".$valeur."/".$filename;
		  //@unlink($filename);
		  $fp = fopen($fichier,"w+");
		  $text=$nouveau;
		  $text=str_replace("[codeblog]",$codeblog,$text);
		  fwrite($fp, $text);
		  fclose($fp);
	}
}

echo getcwd() . "\n<br>";
	  chdir($monhost);
	  echo getcwd() . "\n<br>";

}
  }

}

133 Aug 22, 2007 06:42

This is a fantastic plugin. But I'm having trouble with some basic aspect. I really don't want just anybody to be able to create a new blog and have it fully functional immediately, with no Admin validation.

What I want is for new users to have the choice of getting a blog upon registration, but the Admin must validate this before it becomes active. I just don't see this functionality.

Alternatively, the plugin docs say "Also admins can create immediatly a blog for existing users with just one "tick and click"." Where? How do I do this?

I tried these options: In General app settings, allow new users to register themselves, and set group for new users to Autobloggers. In the Autoblog plugin settings: turning OFF Autoblog Frontend.

Now when a new user registers, he is in the autoblogger group, but he has not seen a choice for creating his own blog, and of course blogs have not been created. When that new user logs in, he is taken to this: Since you're a newcomer, you'll have to wait for an admin to authorize you to post. You can also e-mail the admin to ask for a promotion. When you're promoted, just reload this page and you'll be able to blog. Smile

How do I "promote" this user? How can I do the one tick and click thing for this new user? Will autoblog then automatically create this users own blog with all the settings applied as when it happens automatically from the frontend (proper perms, stub settings, etc.)? And then once he does log in after being promoted this way with his own blog, will he see the welcome messages when he logs back in?

Using frontend auto-creation is sweet, everything works great, except that there is no admin validation on this. How does it work if I turn front end off? Please help.

Christian

134 Aug 23, 2007 16:14

Is anyone here? Please help me. I've had to figure out some of the answers I asked about on my own, but now this plugin just isnt working.

I'm running b2evo 1.10 and I guess its the 1.9 version of the plugin? whatever is the most recent. I applied the hacks to my inc folder and finally found the tick mark to create the blogs by admin after a user registers. However, it never does create the blog! Furthermore, when the user logs in after that, it always says he still needs to be "promoted", even though he is in the autoblogger group and appears to have proper permissions.

When I choose to create the blogs automatically at registration, this does work, but then when the user logs in and tries to make a first post, after hitting the "save" button he will get a blank page with this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method Plugins::filter_contents() in /home/.olwen/myadvent/weblogs.mydomain.com/inc/MODEL/items/_item.class.php on line 472

So at this point there is NOTHING about this plugin working for me. Is there ANYONE out there who can try to help me, please?

Christian

135 Sep 11, 2007 22:51

sbatchu wrote:

Hi all,

I'm running 1.8.7 version and authenticating users via LDAP. I'm also using the AutoBlog plugin. My question is, when I login, I get a message saying: "Since you're a newcomer, you'll have to wait for an admin to authorize you to post. You can also e-mail the admin to ask for a promotion. When you're promoted, just reload this page and you'll be able to blog"

I know that I can manually login into the blog admin interface and assign correct user permisson to his/her blog. But isn't there any automated technique, because I want users to create and post blogs without an admin getting involved.

Also "Enable Post" under AutoBlog setting is ON
Thanks!

I am running a similar setup: authenticating users against LDAP and want blogs to be automatically created.

It seems like whatever triggers the Autoblog feature to kick off doesn't happen with the creation/authentication of accounts using the LDAP plugin. If you find something that does what you are looking for or a mod to this script, post it back here.

136 Sep 12, 2007 15:06

chrpeder wrote:

Does anyone have experiences with the autoblog plugin and the new 1.10 Miami release?

The plugin works OK with 1.10.2 but the security patch doesn't work.

I put in a post before I saw this one, not sure if anything is being done about it or if the hack is still needed, Im just using the plugin with known people and waiting for some sort of update regarding the security fix.

The absence of a response of any description makes me think it is either being dealt with, no one is online who can help or there is a fix that I haven't found.

These guys are the best so there will be a fix soon guaranteed.

137 Sep 12, 2007 16:18

and it dosent work with v 2.0.0

138 Sep 23, 2007 14:35

I've just installed alfa of b2evolution - 2.0.1 "Navy Pier" and then tryed to install Autoblog Plugin. But the last one can't be installed, b2 gives me only Fatal Error Warning and nothing more. Is there any solution to recompilate plugin to make it work with 2.0.1 "Navy Pier"???

139 Sep 24, 2007 10:44

error in v2:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function skin_list_start() in home\www\plugins\autoblog_plugin\_autoblog.plugin.php on line 699

line 699:

$s = array();
for( skin_list_start(); skin_list_next(); )
{
$s[skin_list_iteminfo( 'name', false )] = skin_list_iteminfo( 'name', false );
}

140 Oct 14, 2007 20:05

i think i have the same problem..
Francesco can you send to me this file to try please?
thank you very much.

fralenuvol wrote:

participacion wrote:

ciao Francesco
no so parlare inglese..

grazie

Miguel

Ti mando in allegato il file da sostituire.
Questo assegna come permessi 755, al posto di 777.

Sovrascrivi il file _autoblog.plugin.php con questo e dimmi se ti funziona.

141 Oct 20, 2007 20:09

i have just installed b2evolution but haven't used it yet (which could be the problem?) and have then installed autoblog but i am getting stuck on the first step of the installation:

Extract and copy whole autoblog_plugin folder to your plugins folder.
# Go to Administration >> App settings >> Plugins and install it from the list of available plugins.

when i upload the files it won't display the plugins page in App Settings so i can't install it, but if i delete the files i can access the plugins page. help!

142 Oct 20, 2007 20:50

recalcitron wrote:

i have just installed b2evolution but haven't used it yet (which could be the problem?) and have then installed autoblog but i am getting stuck on the first step of the installation:

# Go to Administration >> App settings >> Plugins and install it from the list of available plugins.

when i upload the files it won't display the plugins page in App Settings so i can't install it, but if i delete the files i can access the plugins page. help!

hi recalcitron.

you can try in this way:

unzip the "autoblog_plugin" campatted file yo have downloaded in a folder
of your pc.

then create in your pc a folder named "autoblog_plugin" and put all you
have unzipped into this folder.

then upload all this new folder named "autoblog_plugin" into the "plugins" folder
on your server where you have installed the blog.

143 Oct 20, 2007 22:47

ercolinox wrote:

recalcitron wrote:

hi recalcitron.

you can try in this way:

unzip the "autoblog_plugin" campatted file yo have downloaded in a folder
of your pc.

then create in your pc a folder named "autoblog_plugin" and put all you
have unzipped into this folder.

then upload all this new folder named "autoblog_plugin" into the "plugins" folder
on your server where you have installed the blog.

thanks for the suggestion but it's still not working.

144 Oct 22, 2007 13:00

The current version of autoblog does not work on any current version of b2e, it has not been updated for a few levels now.

There has been no communication from the developer and many enquiries, I can only assume that this plugin is no longer under development, he does it out of the goodness of his heart not for gain so that is his right.

It would be nice to let us know though.

Its a shame its a great plugin and I would really find it useful, but he spoilt us by releasing it in the first place if we didn't have it we wouldn't miss it now.

If anyone wants to continue this project it would be appreciated.

145 Nov 08, 2007 23:42

Hi !

I have a strange problem, but I don't know if it his from autoblog or not.

All blogs repeat 12 times ! So it is not very good !

For each blog (even if I change skin), all html/php code between the <body> tags are repeat 12 times.

If you have an idea... because I find nothing wrong

:?: :idea: :?: :?:

146 Dec 24, 2007 17:09

I need to install this plugin in my 2.2.0-beta version, but when I try to install it I get this php error message:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function skin_list_start() in /usr/home/trocatr/blog.trocatroca.com/plugins/autoblog_plugin/_autoblog.plugin.php on line 696

What can I do to fix? What does this skin_list_start() do?

Thanks

147 Dec 24, 2007 17:29

The Autoblog plugin will not (yet) work in 2.x. Please wait for an update of the plugin.

Good luck

148 Jan 26, 2008 01:51

Hi

I am new to autoblog, and in fact to b2evoloution in general (although I am rather familiar with MovableType which I am abondoning because of their licensing policy)

Here is my question: Is it possible to set up autoblog to automatically create a blog for a newlly registered user with pre-defined categories (and prevent the user from changing them)?

Thank you for your advice

Ivan

149 Jan 28, 2008 22:46

This plug in is great! ... any chance there is a way to get it so when they reg they get their own subdomain? such as:

http://username.mysite.com

Basiclly I want to make a blog site where the users are encouraged to use the site in a similar manner that wordpress.com is set up.

150 Feb 12, 2008 23:32

franzisk wrote:

Call to undefined function skin_list_start() in /usr/home/trocatr/blog.trocatroca.com/plugins/autoblog_plugin/_autoblog.plugin.php on line 696

Same problem. Waiting update for 2.x :roll:

152 Apr 21, 2009 22:11

Do you still have the plug-in download.
The site is in Italian and difficlut to know what's going on

Form is loading...