Recent Topics

1 Nov 29, 2006 16:44    

I am currently using 1.81-rc and have read that version 1.9 will allow me to use plugins for a WYSWYG editor and so forth.

What are the advantages of 1.9 over the version I am running? Will the Youtube and other plugins that I am currently using still work?

I have stk from the forum doing the customizing on my Blog and I would like to know what the disadvantages and advantages are in upgrading. He is doing up a custom skin for me and I would like the latest and greatest before we go to far.

Thanks,

2 Nov 29, 2006 18:38

the latest AND gratest is 1.8.5
If I were you, I would wait for 1.9
1.9 is still a beta.. so you never know...

3 Nov 29, 2006 19:33

yea stk told me that the upgrade would also delay the customization. So I guess I will hold off right now.

4 Nov 29, 2006 19:34

Storm_Law wrote:

yea stk told me ...

I can assure you that whatever Scott tells you, is correct ;)

5 Nov 29, 2006 23:10

The wysiwyg editor plugin, will work for 1.8, for more info check it's thread.

6 Nov 29, 2006 23:41

I dived into 1.9.0 beta and it's main benefit is that it's a real indication of how good v2.0 will be.
A lot of smarts are showing up as well as some inevitable bloat.
I did a complete new install for this version and after some help from Yabba on some AM plugin issues, it was easy to re-establish all previous hacks and skin tweaks.

After doing it I also found that Yabba has posted a couple of skin upgrade tips at...
http://www.waffleson.co.uk/index.php?p=171&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

7 Nov 30, 2006 05:47

I installed the plug in on my blog and it works!! I did a post and then preview and it came up ok. After midnight I will do my first post with the new WYSISYG editor.

Thanks Balupton. I will take this over to the appropriate thread!

Form is loading...