Recent Topics

1 Dec 05, 2006 06:48    

How to set up a group there all can write but NOT change anything? They should not see other user or any setup of group or other blog's. Only system administrator can change setup.

I have bulid 2 different groups and test a lot of thing and reading wiki time after time. Please, help. (Bad English but...)
---
b2evolution-1.8.5-2006-11-05

2 Dec 06, 2006 11:23

You can make it so user's can only edit their own stuff by applying the hack here;
http://forums.b2evolution.net//viewtopic.php?p=44547#44547

Is this what you wanted?

Edit: If you are not comfortable with your English, you could try the international forums, and maybe someone that speaks your preferred language will answer :)

3 Dec 06, 2006 13:20

Thank's balupton for answer in my 3 post's.

I only make a very fast look at the link, will read more soon.

PHP is alse new for me, a lot of thing to learn.

My language is Swedish and have no group, yet...

4 Dec 06, 2006 13:30

You may be able to do what you want without hacking anything.

If you do NOT give users permission to edit then they simply can not edit. Not others, and not their own. To do this make sure that groups do not have permission to do things, then for user permissions click the link for 'wide' (but I think it is a new word now) and only select the appropriate permissions.

I do not have my back office open at this moment so I am going by memory. Hopefully it prompts you to check out your back office a bit and see what I am talking about.

5 Dec 07, 2006 00:44

EdB, I'm pretty sure that the Write/Edit permissions are merged, you simply just cannot prevent one...

6 Jan 07, 2007 04:27

Tank's, I understand it now. have just finish copy/paste from old blog's to e2v. Time to begin write new text now :-)

Form is loading...