Recent Topics

1 Jan 06, 2007 15:17    

I'm having trouble getting b2evolution to install. I am running on the following setup:

PHP 5.2.0 (installed as ISAPI)
Windows XP Pro SP2
MySQL 5.0

I have downloaded the php_mysql.dll and libmysql.dll files and placed them into the ext folder under the PHP folder.

I have verified my extensions directory setting in my php.ini file 10 times.
I have also uncommented the extension=php_mysql.dll line in the php.ini file.
I have verified that PHP is in my PATH as well.
I have set up an empty DB and given it a user with full rights.

I have restarted my webserver and even restarted my machine, but I still can't get the installation to run.

I constantly get this error:

MySQL error!

The PHP MySQL module could not be loaded.

You must edit your php configuration (php.ini) and enable this module (php_mysql.dll).

Do not forget to restart your webserver (if necessary) after editing the PHP conf.

I am at a loss as to what to try next. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! :D

2 Jan 08, 2007 22:30

I was hoping someone with some PHP experience might be able to shed some light on this. :'( I can get php pages to load on their own, and I can call MySql in other languages (C# and CF) on the same box, so I know it is just a configuration issue.

3 Jan 09, 2007 02:08

Ok, so I was able to find an solution to this on my own.

I had to copy the libmysql.dll and php_mysql.dll files to my win/system32 folder as well as the PHP/EXT folder.

Go figure!

4 Jan 09, 2007 12:43

Thanks for sharing. It's obvious there's not a lot of experience around here with running b2evolution locally, so you're now the expert on this topic :)

6 Jan 10, 2007 22:02

I get the same problem on my linux box. I have modified the php.ini to include the extension=mysql.so and restarted httpd with no luck. I am running PHP on my stand-alone web-server and attemtting to access mysql on a seperate database server. My web server does not have mysql installed. I can log into the mysql server directly with no trouble.

I'm not sure if this is a mysql connection issue or a php issue.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Chris

Form is loading...