Recent Topics

1 Jan 19, 2007 20:02    

I'm not sure this is a b2evo setting or my webserver but I'll try to explain...
(I'm using v1.8.2) When I went to the "Files" tab in the BackOffice, I got the " no folder exists and cannot create folder due to permissions...", so I went to my webserver and created it there with standard folder permissions (not knowing better). It then showed up in my "Files" tab but I was unable to upload files to it using the b2evo upload feature, again a permissions issue. I had to give full permissions to the folder on the webserver in order for the upload feature to work.

OK fine and dandy I can live with that, but here's another quirk (not life and death, just curious) If I use the "Create Folder" in the backoffice Files tab, I can only upload to it (new folder) with the b2evo upload feature, I can't FTP to it, or even "Move/Copy" directly on the webserver. I tried to change the permissions as I did before on the other folder but it won't allow it.

It says "Owner~ Apache, Group ~Apache" (not the standard user) so I'm having to FTP new folders (or create them at webserver) and go to my webserver and change permissions if I want to use the b2evo upload feature, and forget about using the "Create Folder" feature. Is there a setting somewhere in one of those many php files associated with the program as to permissions?

2 Jan 19, 2007 22:16

chmod the media folder, the media/blogs folder, and the media/users folder to 777. That works for me in 2 installations but there's something funny after I do that. In one installation I can still upload via ftp. In the other I can't. I have no idea why that is - I just know that it is and deal with it.

Form is loading...