Recent Topics

1 Jan 31, 2007 00:05    

When someone posts a comment, their should be a option "Notify me of further replies to this topic", or at least some way for a commentor to be notified that a reply to their comment has been posted :)

2 Aug 15, 2007 14:10

YES... I´m interessted in this as well... have read now some best practise articles around the net how to make your blog better... and this was one of them... I searched through this forum... and sadly only found this request... there is currently no solution for this today?

Best Regards,
Daniel

3 Aug 15, 2007 14:30

I guess you can do it by providing the rss feed url, for comments, and then add url params so it does just that post, I will look into it later.

4 Aug 15, 2007 14:54

Would be great... because for now, I don´t know how to add params to feeds...

5 Aug 15, 2007 15:01

Well feeds are exactly the same as skins, just handled a tad different in the core.

6 Aug 15, 2007 18:21

If you can wait until I have a chance to code the "unsubscribe", I should be able to show you a pre-release email notification one ;)

¥

7 Aug 15, 2007 18:28

Yeah, that would let me put my time to other things. ;)

8 Aug 15, 2007 18:34

No worries, it gives me a reason to finish coding it :p

¥

9 Aug 23, 2007 02:42

I thought this would be easy, but it was not.

The url would be of the form:

/xmlsrv/rss2.comments.php?blog=5&p=1698

Right? No. This would display a RSS feed with the post content, not the post comments. Because in skins/_rss2/_lastcomments.php it reads (line 34):

$CommentList = & new CommentList( $blog, "'comment'", array('published'), '',   '',     'DESC', '',     20 );

Easily fixable, I just have to add the post ID to the CommentList constructor (or whatever its name), i.e.:

$CommentList = & new CommentList( $blog, "'comment'", array('published'), $p,   '',     'DESC', '',     20 );

I tried with:

global $p;
 $CommentList = & new CommentList( $blog, "'comment'", array('published'), $p,   '',     'DESC', '',     20 );

That doesn't work either.

It seems to me, the problem is around line 274 of inc/_blog_main.inc.php:

if( (!empty($p)) || (!empty($title)) || (!empty($preview)) )
 { // We are going to display a single post
         $disp = 'single';
 }

Where it is assumed that if $p (post_ID) is especified, we want to see the post content. It is not allowed to especify a post ID and display the comments.

Am I on the right track? Or perhaps I better wait for next version?

10 Aug 23, 2007 07:42

What we do to bypass that problem is add a $disp param, if there is a unknown disp lets say 'custom_comments' then the mainlist would not be loaded, then the plugin will create it's own mainlist for our skin just containing comments of the post id which is $p.

11 Aug 24, 2007 03:14

I've implemented this to the 2.0 version. Just need to set the funcion for the skin!

12 Aug 24, 2007 06:50

hmmm... is there a possibility for version 1.9.2 as well?

14 Sep 08, 2007 11:41

Austriaco wrote:

I thought this would be easy, but it was not...........

I just had a play with this :-

crack open skins/_rss2/_main.php and make the following change

if( !defined('EVO_MAIN_INIT') ) die( 'Please, do not access this page directly.' );

$disp = ( param( 'disp', 'string', '', false, true ) == 'comments' ? 'comments' : 'single' );

Then redo your change to /skins/_rss2/_lastcomments.php

$CommentList = & new CommentList( $blog, "'comment'", array('published'), $p,	'',	'DESC',	'',	20 );

¥

15 Sep 09, 2007 03:40

OK, a cleaned up version of post comments RSS is in 2.0.0.

Form is loading...