Recent Topics

1 Mar 22, 2007 00:41    

I am using the custom skin at http://madrigalmaniac.com with version 1.9.2

User comments have no space between them, they are all bunched together. I don't remember it being that way in the previous version. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

2 Mar 22, 2007 00:59

I can't find any difference between 1.8.x and 1.9.x that should explain why there isn't an empty line between two comments. But you could add one.
Open the file ../blogs/skins/_lastcomments.php and find line 54 where it reads:

<!-- ========== END of a COMMENT ========== -->

add a <br /> right before this line.
Save and upload the file and things should show the way you want them to.

3 Mar 23, 2007 02:50

Thanks Afwas, but it didn't work. I tried the <br /> in a few other places with no success.

Here's what the code looked like after the change.

</div>
<br />
<?php
} // End of comment loop.<br />

Any other suggestions?

4 Mar 23, 2007 10:18

Unfortunately I can't duplicate your setup on my machine, so I can only help you on a trial and error base.

If one <br /> doesn't work, often a second will, so try:

</div>
<br /><br />
<?php
} // End of comment loop. 

Good luck

5 Mar 23, 2007 10:29

Your issue is that the CSS file for "comments.css" doesn't appear to be loaded on your installation.

<html><head><title>404 Not Found</title></head>
<body bgcolor=white>
<h1>404 Not Found</h1>

The requested URL /rsc/comments.css does not exist.

</body></html>

I would take a look at your header set up for that skin as it's only loading "custom.css"

6 Mar 23, 2007 11:00

Until you have the css file issue sorted, just add the following to your "custom.css" file

.bCommentSmallPrint{margin-bottom:2em;}

7 Mar 23, 2007 14:40

Good catch John. MadrigalManiac: none of your included css files are loading. Somewhere along the line you upgraded your blog and didn't upgrade your skin, or didn't upgrade it properly. Open your custom.css file, and everywhere in the top where it says "......rsc/filename.css" make it say ".....rsc/css/filename.css".

8 Mar 24, 2007 02:47

Thanks to all for your help. Ed, your solution fixed the problem and some other minor issues I was having.

Thanks again.

Form is loading...