Recent Topics

1 Jul 13, 2007 09:49    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello,

I just downloaded the 1.10.2 version of b2evolution and found that the wpc_zen skin and basically all references to it on this website etc. have disappeared. Unfortunately, it was the skin which I had modified to use it as a basis for my blog.
At the moment, I am thinking about upgrading my own skin to the new version, but I figured that upgrading from version 0.9.2 will probably require much more effort than reproducing my changes to the skin with a newer version of it, and even if there is no current (1.10.2) wpc_zen skin I guess, even starting from one that saves me half of the upgrading effort (especially the plugin stuff ) would still save me a lot of time, so I wonder, if anyone here knows what is the last/latest version of that skin and maybe even knows where I can find it.
I have been searching quite extensively here and at google but I cannot find any information apart from a user in this forum talking about the wpc_zen skin and apparently using 1.8 of b2evolution. Does anyone know a downloadable version of the skin for newer b2evolution versions?

If not, does anyone happen to know some other "minimalistic" but nice skins that I could customize to approximately fit my current wpc_zen based design? I prefer ones without the typical space consuming image at the top of the page but with a title image on the left or right of the page. The waste of space at the top of the page is the one thing I dislike most about the skins I 've found so far. Anyway, I can change that by myself, if necessary.

I am sorry, if this question is inappropriate. I am new to this forum and I found a thread for skin requests, but I do not need to have a skin modified by somebody else if there is no existing one, because I can/will do the modifications by myself... but I do not want to waste time for reinventing the wheel, if there is already a more current version of the skin than the one I am using, at the moment, so any pointers would help me a lot! .

Thank you very much in advance,
Anja

2 Jul 19, 2007 05:38

Unfortunately a lot of skins were lost from the 0.9 period because they were not updated.
If you want to redo a skin, the best place to start is the 'custom' skin because it is minimalistic (as you suggested) but above all it has nearly all thinkable features. It is easier to remove some as it is to add.

The "Customize your blog"section in the [url=http://manual.b2evolution.net/Main_Page]manual[/url] has some pages on this topic.

Good luck

Form is loading...