Recent Topics

1 Nov 24, 2007 13:26    

If you visit a single post page using the evopress skin with smilies on comments enabled then view source then look down by the textarea for comments you'll see this:

</script><fieldset  class="fieldset">
<legend ></legend>
<fieldset $ID$>

<div class="label">User:</div>
<div class="info"><strong>admin</strong>

<fieldset class="fieldset"> has a double space before class, <legend > has a space it doesn't need, and <fieldset $ID$> is totally whack! The other two lines sorta tell you where you'll see this microbug in action.

2 Nov 24, 2007 13:33

<fieldset class="fieldset">
<legend></legend>
<fieldset $id$="">
<div class="label">User:</div>
<div class="info"><strong>admin</strong>

Comparison from my site.

--ƒ

3 Nov 25, 2007 01:33

Interesting... I replaced my inc folder from a freshly downloaded zip package and saw the same problem. I tried it in IE and saw a similar problem because I am not logged in via IE.

inc/_core/ui/forms/_form.class.php around line 180 I find this:

'fieldset_begin' => '<fieldset $fieldset_attribs$>'."\n"
														.'<legend $title_attribs$>$fieldset_title$</legend>'."\n",
				'fieldset_end' => '</fieldset>'."\n",
				'fieldstart' => '<fieldset $ID$>'."\n",

To my mind this is where the extra spaces are coming from. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure <fieldset $fieldset_attribs$> will create <fieldset > if $fieldset_attribs$ is nothing.

The demo site shows the extra spaces in some fields in that area. BTW PHP version is 5.2.5 and MySQL version is 4.1.22 if it matters.

4 Nov 25, 2007 13:03

I'm sure I cured that bug ages ago :-S

¥

6 Dec 06, 2007 07:35

Same bug, locking this thread due to "ongoing".

Edit: NOT the same bug. This bug - $ID$ immediately prior to the textarea for commenting when logged in - is gone in MY 2.2.0 installation.

Form is loading...