Recent Topics

1 Feb 16, 2008 01:23    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I'd just like to know if there is an administrative way to move posts from blog to blog. It doesn't happen very often, but I occaisionally have a blogger post in the wrong area. For me to move them means that the new entry has my name on it.

Any help is appreciated!

2 Feb 16, 2008 20:06

One of the files in the conf folder has an option for various "allow cross posting" configurations. Lemme find it...

Okay that was easy. In conf/_admin.php you will find $allow_cross_posting = 1;. Change that to 2 and you will be able to cross-post a post across all blogs and cats/subcats. Therefore you could edit the post, unselect the wrong category, select the proper category, save it, and be happy.

Unfortunately that would mean either everyone can do that all the time OR you have to edit that file, upload it, do your work, edit the file back, and upload it again.

I'm quite sure you could also attack this via phpmyadmin if you are inclined to do that. Basically you would have to edit 2 tables: the actual posts (evo_items I believe) and the categories table (no name off the top of my head) so that the post_ID points to different categories. The upside to figuring out this method is that once you know it you can take care of any improper category without altering how the back end looks to all other users.

I would suggest the following: in phpmyadmin "export" all the tables except hitlog and sessions (because they're really big and won't be of help). Save the file it creates in a folder called "BEFORE". Do the trick with editing _admin.php and move ONE post to a different category, then export all the tables except hitlog and sessions again. This time save it in a folder called "AFTER". Now get yourself a free copy of WinMerge and use it to compare the BEFORE and AFTER folders. There you will see what moving the post changed, which will be the clues you would need to make the modifications directly through phpmyadmin in the future.

For this it is critical to know the post ID that you edit, and have the old category ID(s) and new category ID(s) handy so that when you see the comparison you will be able to say "yes this is a worthy difference because it talks about my post and my categories".

Hope it helps!

3 Feb 16, 2008 20:13

Thank you so much! That definitely saves a lot of editing issues!

Form is loading...