Recent Topics

1 Apr 12, 2008 19:12    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi there;

I really like the idea of creating a post with images... just I don't like the fact that:

1. the thumbnails' dimensions seem to be premade... I'd like to change them (especially 400x320px)
2. there's no link to full size image! I'd like the visitors of my blog to click the thumbnail to see the original image.
3. I'd like the images to display after a post, not before.

How can I hack b2evo to achieve this? The second question is a need :D

2 Apr 12, 2008 19:46

Assuming you're talking about the thumbnails displayed in 2.x, these are just in the admin 'files' area as far as I'm aware. they don't reflect what the viewer actually sees.

To insert an image anywhere in your post - before, in the middle or afterwards - upload the image at the size you want to display it using the upload facility. When it's uploaded, you will get a link to click that says something like 'include the code for this file in your post'. Click that, and it automatically inserts the code into your post wherever the cursor is. There are other ways of doing it and other options you can choose, but this is the simplest way for a basic image.

3 Apr 12, 2008 19:59

Yes, but there are two ways of inserting an image:

- first, by clicking "insert image tag"
- second: link an image to post :) you can do it only in two ways:

1. go directly to file manager, select some files and press "create post with files"
2. have a created post, edit the post, click files and click icons "link image to post"

yeah... linking images should also be available when creating a post... OR "create a post with images selected" should redirect to a "write post" screen with already linked files. :)

Anyway, it inputs the pre-rendered thumbnail into a post (that has pre-made width and height, which now I see can be set in the skin.... but still must be chosen among premade thumbnails sizes), but without a link to the image.

I have already hacked the _file.class.php file to have the thumbnail link to full size image... now my highest concern is to make these files display after, not before post... :)

BTW, the advantage of linking files to a post is rendering an image legend you input in file manager in "edit properties" setting.

4 Apr 12, 2008 21:04

It's all about editing the _file.class.php in inc/(...) and _item_content.inc.php in skins/(skin) folder :)

So it's pretty much solved. :) Thanks :)

Form is loading...