Recent Topics

1 Jun 12, 2008 23:53    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2 or 2.4.1

Hi

I am attempting to install on a Sun Ultra 10 (sparc64) running FreeBSD.

I have install mysql and created a database. I have install php4 and on attempting either Admin or Installer from the first page receive this error which i cannot unravel.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: preg_match() in /usr/local/www/data/blogs/conf/_advanced.php on line 117

I have installed the previous version (also stable) but receive the same error.

I would be grateful for guidance to sort this problem out.

Many thanks

C

2 Jun 13, 2008 00:10

Hi Blackfoot,

Welcome to the forums.
This looks like aPHP problem. preg_match() should be included in PHP 4, so I'm not sure of the cause of the troubles. Do try to fins a PHP 5 version. That may solve your issue.
What exact version are you running? Problems are reported with very early versions of PHP 4 (and particular with the Zend optimizer that comes with early PHP 4 versions).

Good luck

3 Jun 13, 2008 00:14

Hi
Thanks for the welcome and the rapid response.

Indicative of a good program and base.

Yes, i had installed php4 only because I am used to it. I could use php5 without trouble though and will try that.

I had installed it with the Z Optimiser too. That may well give a clue. Though why it should be uninitialised as a result is a mystery.

I will try php5 and report back.

Thanks

C

4 Jun 13, 2008 01:43

Thank you for your suggestion.

I deleted php4 and installed php5. There were no optimisation options.

The error is the same.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function preg_match() in /usr/local/www/data/blogs/conf/_advanced.php on line 117

I would be grateful to hear of other suggestions.

Many thanks

C

5 Jun 13, 2008 01:56

http://www.michiknows.com/2007/02/27/fatal-error-call-to-undefined-function-preg_match/

Fatal error: Call to undefined function preg_match()

Today’s crazy error of the day is:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function preg_match() …

Wahoo! A built in function being undefined!

So how’s this possible? It seems that if you reinstall PHP without compiling in PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expressions), you can get this crazy error. It’s a flag you may need to manually enable.

6 Jun 17, 2008 01:34

Thank you for your assistance.

I reinstalled php5 and mysql.

I applied phpMyAdmin to setup the databases and having the basis for a working system.

However I cannot post any samples as I receive an xhtml validation error.

I have install the php5 extensions which include php5-xml.

Would you be kind enough to advise if I have missed anything? Are there any php applications which I might install to force recognition of the xml extension library?

Many thanks

c

7 Jun 17, 2008 01:55

I have decided (rather late in the day) to reconfigure the directory name from /b2evolution/blogs/ to simply /blogs/

However, some pages still point to the old directory structure.

Will you be kind enough to indicate which configuration files need o be changed?

Many thanks

c

8 Jun 17, 2008 03:02

Is your blog online?
Check $baseurl in /conf/_basic_config.php

You probably now have two installs pointing at the same database, one is in /b2evolution/blogs/ and one is in /blogs/ . Delete one of them (the folder) and this problem will probably solve itself.

Good luck

Form is loading...