Recent Topics

1 Jun 15, 2008 20:58    

Note: this functionality has been integrated into the core.

This plugin creates a new blog when user clicks a link in their profile page.
Blog short name and category will have the same name as login.

The plugin has several options built in:
You can choose if you want to use stub files or not, with or without extension, if you want to store stub files in separate directories or all in a subdirectory.
You can also decide if you want to give users administration rights and own media folder on registration or not, and set the default descriptions and default skin for the new user's blogs and much more.

http://www.sonorth.com/travel/htsrv/call_plugin.php?plugin_ID=23&method=download&file=46E25Q7NY1 (Download v2.2.0)

This plugin works in b2evo 2.x and 3.x versions only.

Changelog:
v2.2.0 - 13.10.2008
* New: Option to auto create a blog upon user registration (users must accept "Terms and conditions" in order to get a blog)
* Fixed: error "undefined index text"

v2.1.0 - 01.09.2008
* New: It's finally possible to rename Userblog group
* Added directory permissions check
* Fixed some bugs

How to use:

- Right after you installed the plugin you can go to Global settings and select userblog group in "Group for new users".
- Enable user registration on the same tab "New users can register".

Then you may want to check how it works. Log out and register as a new user. When you validate your new account go to the profile page and click "Create my blog" link. You'll get your personal blog just like all other users who will register on your site.

If everything is working well you can go to plugin settings and change whatever you want

2 Jun 18, 2008 21:57

There is any way to set a user blog quota and config the blog name before create?

3 Jun 19, 2008 04:15

What is quota for you? Only Userblog group users can create a blog, only one blog per user, and you can disable blog creation in any time and continue using the plugin.

Are you talking about blog name displaying in urls? You can give your own blog names if you hack the code, it's pretty easy, but don't forget that blog name must be unique. Tell me what exactly do you need.

4 Jun 21, 2008 22:16

Hi Sam,

once i have installed the plugin and the click on it its askin for this file "_autoblog.plugin.php"

then if place that file on to the plugin's folder then it gives error for the skin part :( i have download the lated version of the b2evolution ..

Please help me out

Surajit Kar
surajit.kar@gmail.com

5 Jun 21, 2008 22:42

Are you using b2evo-2.4.2?
Are you sure that you are trying to install Userblog plugin, not Autoblog?

Delete Userblog group, uninstall old plugin delete /plugins/userblog_plugin folder, then download a fresh copy of Userblog plugin and install it.

6 Jun 22, 2008 13:54

Thank you.

All done..

I reinstalled b2e..

Thanks a ton

7 Jul 03, 2008 17:45

Well, I don't know what to say. I synced the user group with the plugin settings, re-installed the plugin, enabled everything, installing on a fresh 2.4.2 installation, and it does not create a blog at all.

[u]After user registration (but before e-mail validation): [/u]

Registered plugin IDs: 12
get_by_ID(): Instantiate Plugin (ID 12).
Loading plugins table data.
register(): userblog_plugin, ID: 12, priority: 60, classfile_path: [C:/wamp/www/b2evolution/blogs/plugins/userblog_plugin/_userblog.plugin.php]
Loading plugin class file: userblog_plugin
Calling userblog_plugin(#12)->AfterUserInsert( )
Loading plugin events.
register(): userblog_plugin, ID: 12, priority: 60, classfile_path: [C:/wamp/www/b2evolution/blogs/plugins/userblog_plugin/_userblog.plugin.php]
Calling userblog_plugin(#12)->GetDefaultSettings( )
Trigger event AppendUserRegistrTransact (first false)
No registered plugins.
Trigger event AfterUserRegistration
No registered plugins.

[u]After clicking on "my profile" (when the blog should be created)[/u]

Trigger event AfterLoginRegisteredUser
Loading plugin class file: userblog_plugin
Calling userblog_plugin(#12)->AfterLoginRegisteredUser( )
Trigger event CacheObjects (first true)
No registered plugins.
Trigger event CacheObjects (first true)
No registered plugins.
Trigger event AdminAfterMenuInit
Calling userblog_plugin(#12)->AdminAfterMenuInit( )
Trigger event PluginUserSettingsEditAction
No registered plugins.
Trigger event AdminEndHtmlHead
No registered plugins.
Trigger event AdminBeginPayload
No registered plugins.

8 Jul 03, 2008 17:49

Did you make Userblog group the default one for new users before you register a new user?

User Settings -> Default group for new users

9 Jul 04, 2008 09:56

Yes. All users are being registered to the same group that is set-up in the plugin. I re-installed the plugin after making sure all of this was in-sync.

Very strange...

11 Jul 04, 2008 10:23

Hi sam2kb,
this may be an error in logic. In AfterLoginRegisteredUser() you check if you're on profile page ( $disp ) or admin profile page ( $ctrl ), if not then you do nothing.

However that function is *only* called when a user logs in, so unless they hit one of those two pages on login then no blog will be created ;)

You may wish to change your check to SkinBeginHtmlHead() && AdminEndHtmlHead() instead

¥

12 Jul 04, 2008 10:28

Thanks ¥åßßå

But this plugin doesn't create a blog right after user registration. User must click "Create my blog" link in their profile, so he has to be logged in.

13 Jul 04, 2008 10:28

hhmmmm that's an interesting idea... I do NOT see the "create blog" link, although I do see the column header for it.

Also, I do not see a "create blog" link in the "my profile" tab when I login as the newly created user. I just re-installed b2evo and installed the plugin fresh, and it performed the same way.

14 Jul 04, 2008 10:32

Try to add a new user from backoffice, you probably *moved* that user from other group, but it has to be registered in Userblog group.

15 Jul 04, 2008 10:36

Hi Sam,

I realise that, but the link will *only* be shown if the user logs in to the profile page, if they login to any other admin page ( dashboard is default ) then they won't get to see the link *even* if they then visit their profile.

try adding this and reloading the plugin :

function SkinBeginHtmlHead()
{
  return $this->AfterLoginRegisteredUser();
}
function AdminEndHtmlHead()
{
}

¥

16 Jul 04, 2008 10:38

Nope... the userblog group is the default for new user creations. I created from back-end and registered as a new user from the front-end. Both going directly to the userblog group, and I do not see any "Create Blog" links anywhere.

New Bloggers (default group for new users)
var $userblog_group_name = 'New Bloggers';
Group for new users: New Bloggers

17 Jul 04, 2008 10:47

I'm also getting

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\wamp\www\b2evolution\blogs\plugins\userblog_plugin\_userblog.plugin.php on line 543

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\wamp\www\b2evolution\blogs\plugins\userblog_plugin\_userblog.plugin.php on line 558

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\wamp\www\b2evolution\blogs\plugins\userblog_plugin\_userblog.plugin.php on line 568

When I am in the normal system. Looks to be function AfterLoginRegisteredUser(). Interesting :)

18 Jul 04, 2008 10:51

Ok, let's try what ¥åßßå wrote. Add those functions on line 535 in _userblog.plugin.php, I hope it will help.

19 Jul 04, 2008 10:54

haha I don't know what to tell you, friends. I added the code, reset everything, and I do not see "Create blog" link on my admin page, or in the user's profile page. Even with a clean b2evo install. I am positive the user groups are set up correctly.

Could it be because my blog is not set to russian? :)

20 Jul 04, 2008 10:59

Could it be because my blog is not set to russian?

No

Can you drop tables and install a fresh copy of plugin without changing any settings.

21 Jul 04, 2008 11:00

by the way did you change the "Create my blog" text to *empty*???

22 Jul 04, 2008 11:16

¥åßßå wrote:

Hi Sam,

I realise that, but the link will *only* be shown if the user logs in to the profile page, if they login to any other admin page ( dashboard is default ) then they won't get to see the link *even* if they then visit their profile.

{
}
{
}

¥

Hi ¥åßßå,

The only admin page users can see in backoffice until they create a blog is "My Profile", they get redirected to the profile page instead of Dashboard after registration.

23 Jul 04, 2008 11:17

I did not change the text. I did a completely new installation in a new database and am seeing the exact same results.

Now, in the admin screen, under the User Blog column, I am getting

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in C:\wamp\www\blogs\b2evolution\blogs\inc\_core\ui\results\_results.class.php(1172) : eval()'d code on line 1

Still nothing on the "my profile" page, however.

24 Jul 04, 2008 11:18

That's not true on my installation. The user gets the Dashboard, and has sevaral options. User has to click "my profile" manually to get to that page. Is not default upon login.

-Adam

sam2kb wrote:

¥åßßå wrote:

Hi Sam,

{
}
{
}

¥

Hi ¥åßßå,

The only admin page users can see in backoffice until they create a blog is "My Profile", they get redirected to the profile page instead of Dashboard after registration.

25 Jul 04, 2008 11:39

|-| something is totally wrong. Let's check the database.
What b2evo version are you using?

In table evo_settings
newusers_grp_ID = ?
userblog_grp_ID = ?

In table evo_usersettings for user #X who you think belongs to userblog group find
userblog_created = ?

In table evo_users for the same user #X check field
user_grp_ID = ?

26 Jul 04, 2008 12:02

AHA! The newusers_grp_ID and userblog_grp_ID were not in-sync, even though the NAMES of them were completely in-sync, in the settings.

Perhaps there should be a better way of assigning these, so we are not searching text fields. Maybe a dropdown of user groups to choose from that assigns the group ID?

Thank you so much for your help. Looks like it's working prefectly now!

Repping a lot for your great support.

-Adam

27 Jul 04, 2008 12:14

Looks like it's working prefectly now!

:p cool

Maybe a dropdown of user groups to choose from that assigns the group ID?

The group name should be changed BEFORE the initial plugin install, I don't like it too, but what if you already have some users and then decide to change group name? You'll loose those users and blogs.

The best way here is ask the admin to enter group name in plugin installation process, I'll try to add this option in next release.

28 Jul 06, 2008 09:38

I installed the plugin and made the "bloguser" the default group when new users register. After I login as a new user, I can create the blog, but when I click on the URl for the blog, I get the following error:

"An unexpected error has occured! If this error persits, please report it to the administrator.

Additional information about this error:
Requested Skin from T_skins__skin without ID!"

Please help me

29 Jul 06, 2008 20:04

Did you delete or disable the skin you selected in plugin settings after you created a blog.

You should change the skin for this blog in Blog settings->Skin

30 Jul 09, 2008 20:54

Hello, sam2kb!

Thank you very much for your work!

I installed the plugin and created test account after installation. Registration was succesfull, but when I entered the admin area (not like Administrator, but like registred user), I got following message:

You have no permission to view the requested page!

What do you think about it?
How should I tune Userblog group settings to avoid this message?

31 Jul 10, 2008 02:33

Hi AEK, welcome to the forums!

When you registered as Userblog group user you cannot view any admin page except "My profile". You must create a blog (click the link) to get full access to admin pages.

32 Jul 12, 2008 15:23

sam2kb wrote:

Did you delete or disable the skin you selected in plugin settings after you created a blog.

You should change the skin for this blog in Blog settings->Skin

No I didn't delete the skin. But I found the workaround, I have to manaully select the skin for each user_id and it works fine.

33 Jul 12, 2008 15:28

All blogs suppose to use the skin you selected in plugin settings, try to select another skin and create a new blog. Maybe that skin is broken.

34 Jul 12, 2008 15:32

Thanks for the great work sam2kb.

When users register, their blogs are listed towards the top of the blog. For example, if there are 20 users registered, B2 lists all registered blogs. Is there any way to disable this or is it something your plug-in doesn't cause?

35 Jul 12, 2008 17:32

B2 lists all registered blogs

Uncheck the "Include in public blog list" checkbox in plugin settings ;)

BTW this option is disabled by default, you either enabled it or something went wrong again...

36 Jul 12, 2008 22:00

The "Include in public blog list" is unchecked. The author names show when I click on "Manage". The author names also appear on the sidebar under search.

37 Jul 12, 2008 22:25

Are you talking about backoffice menu panel and filters sidebar? I don't understand you. The menu displays 7 blog names and a dropdown menu if you have more than 7. Why do you want to disable it?

Can you post a link where you get these names.

39 Jul 13, 2008 19:39

Is this screenshot from Userblog group user backoffice?
I'm asking it because there should be the Stats link if this user is a member of userblog group.

40 Jul 13, 2008 20:00

The huge list of authors may be an evo default, every potential author of a blog is listed ... is the userblog group a member of each userblog ?

¥

41 Jul 16, 2008 21:27

Yes, the screenshot is from a user who's a member of the userblog group. I may have disabled the stats page from showing.

Most authors are member of the userblog group.

42 Jul 16, 2008 21:51

In theory in those lists should be admins and one user who owns a blog.

You probably messed up group permissions when edited the group

Can you pm me the link to your blog?

43 Jul 17, 2008 10:56

The plug in works great and does what it is suppose to however upon clicking "create my new blog" I get the following errors. How do I resolve this?

Notice: Undefined index: entries in /home/cyberghe/public_html/blogs/plugins/userblog_plugin/_userblog.plugin.php on line 602

Notice: Undefined index: entries in /home/cyberghe/public_html/blogs/plugins/userblog_plugin/_userblog.plugin.php on line 603

Notice: Undefined index: entries in /home/cyberghe/public_html/blogs/plugins/userblog_plugin/_userblog.plugin.php on line 604

Notice: Undefined index: entries in /home/cyberghe/public_html/blogs/plugins/userblog_plugin/_userblog.plugin.php on line 605

Notice: Undefined index: entries in /home/cyberghe/public_html/blogs/plugins/userblog_plugin/_userblog.plugin.php on line 606

Notice: Undefined index: entries in /home/cyberghe/public_html/blogs/plugins/userblog_plugin/_userblog.plugin.php on line 607

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cyberghe/public_html/blogs/plugins/userblog_plugin/_userblog.plugin.php:602) in /home/cyberghe/public_html/blogs/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 133

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cyberghe/public_html/blogs/plugins/userblog_plugin/_userblog.plugin.php:602) in /home/cyberghe/public_html/blogs/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 136

Thanks
Cyber

44 Jul 17, 2008 15:26

Hi cyberghetto,

These notices caused by unset function

unset( $AdminUI->_menus['entries']['blogs']['entries']['features'] );

I don't know another way to hide menu items so you may want to turn PHP Notices off, it's absolutely safe.

Open conf/_advanced.php file and edit the line 37

error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);

45 Jul 17, 2008 17:26

if( !empty( $AdminUI->_menus['entries']['blogs']['entries']['features'] ) )
{ // remove the entries
}

;)

¥

46 Jul 17, 2008 17:33

Thanks, ¥åßßå

I do understand that features, permgroup etc may be undefined, but how come that urls and seo tabs are empty?

47 Jul 17, 2008 17:56

If you don't have access to blog settings then they'll all be empty.

I've not looked at your code to see where the un-setting happens so there may be another reason, just that's the one that springs to mind. ;)

¥

48 Jul 17, 2008 18:07

Version 2.0.1 is available for download. ;)

49 Jul 17, 2008 18:19

:P

Would I be right in assuming that this is in svn?

¥

50 Jul 17, 2008 18:21

Not only, I've updated all downloads... now going to update it on BOPIT

51 Jul 17, 2008 18:23

BOPIT rocks :D

I'll have to resynch my svn and then have a rummage round your code .... I might even return the favour and do an english translation for you :D

¥

52 Jul 17, 2008 18:26

I might even return the favour and do an english translation for you

I would very much appreciate it.

53 Jul 21, 2008 11:43

UserBlog Great plugin, love it! Have one question though...

I get this message when logging in as new user for the first time and I use the dashboard. Everything is working just fine though, why do I get this message, I do not get this message if I create a blog myself...

Notice: Undefined index: text in /home/cyberghe/public_html/www/skins_adm/_adminUI_general.class.php on line 762

thanks

54 Jul 21, 2008 16:33

What File manager permissions did you choose in plugin settings? I think this may happen when "Files" tab is hidden.
Try to change File manager permissions to Add and see what happens.

55 Jul 21, 2008 17:28

It happens when you have any tool tab plugin and your permissions don't allow you to view options ( /skins_adm/_adminUI_general.class.php approx 1598 )

if( $current_User->check_perm( 'options', 'view' ) )
		{	// Permission to view settings:
			// FP> This assumes that we don't let regular users access the tools, including plugin tools.

I seriously need to remember to kill that bug

In the meantime, if your plugin has a tools tab (not sure that it does ), then you can kill the error using the same method as killing blog features ;)

¥

56 Jul 21, 2008 18:03

I got the same error with Quick Upload plugin in pop-up window when I tried to hide the "Files" button. I ended up with deleting the whole menu panel.

This plugin doesn't have a tools tab.

57 Jul 21, 2008 18:46

sam2kb wrote:

This plugin doesn't have a tools tab.

I'm gonna stop talking to you :|

... bugger, gonna have to look into that one ... lets hope it takes me less time than curing the tools error :D

¥

58 Jul 21, 2008 21:33

sam2kb wrote:

What File manager permissions did you choose in plugin settings? I think this may happen when "Files" tab is hidden.
Try to change File manager permissions to Add and see what happens.

this file manager permissions are set to add - not the solution

59 Jul 21, 2008 21:38

¥åßßå wrote:

It happens when you have any tool tab plugin and your permissions don't allow you to view options ( /skins_adm/_adminUI_general.class.php approx 1598 )

if( $current_User->check_perm( 'options', 'view' ) )
		{	// Permission to view settings:
			// FP> This assumes that we don't let regular users access the tools, including plugin tools.

I seriously need to remember to kill that bug

In the meantime, if your plugin has a tools tab (not sure that it does ), then you can kill the error using the same method as killing blog features ;)

¥

set userblog group view permissions settings to view and error message is gone... note: also need to set anti spam to view only or I get a 401 page when clicking on anti spam blacklist.

Question: I have not experienced any problems with users and groups set to no access. Should I set it to view only as well?

thanks for the great tips

60 Jul 23, 2008 13:39

Hi sam

thanks for this great work

I have problem , when I make any changes in plugin settengs I get the masseges ,blog name ,blog desc, everything like this :

????? ???? ?????? ?? ?

and when I restore defaults it works fine ?

my local is arabic lang , and I already include the translation in my local file .

62 Jul 29, 2008 11:10

Ok i have it working so I believe. Howveer when people try to view there post it comes back that it cannot be found onthe site error 404.

Does anyone know what would cause this error and what i might have to change to get it to work any help would be wonderful
Kirk

63 Jul 29, 2008 11:36

Hi and welcome to the forum

What plugin are you talking about?

64 Jul 29, 2008 12:47

The plugin is the userblog plugin the one that allows users to have there own blogs? I have it loaded and I made a second account for the sake fo testing it. It works fine as far as allowing me to creat a new personal blog. However when i post it and try an view it I get file not found on mysite.com I cannot figure out how to allow it to show it? I can try and send you the error code if I knew were to look for it. Let me know what I can send ya to help

65 Jul 29, 2008 12:52

Merged to plugin thread.

This is probably because of extra path urls... can you post a link to your blog?

68 Jul 29, 2008 16:20

Ok i thought that the directory was supposed to auto load or soemthing? If not how do I make such a directory? Do i do it through my control panel I take it?

69 Jul 29, 2008 16:26

It supposed to be done automatically. Just make sure the directory blogs/u is writable. Everything should be fine then.

You can use cpanel file manager or FTP client to create a directory.

70 Jul 29, 2008 16:36

Ok i found the stub folder it was owner only writable I changed it to group also ther is no /u though SHould i create that or set it for the stib thing instead under user accoutns? I want to make sure that my users can change there skins. So if I read the install correctly then using th stub would be better? If I use stub then do I have to set a stub for each user?

71 Jul 29, 2008 16:40

Ok i am finding things like blog5.php and blog7.php I am not finding the U foler or anything of that sort I am totally confused

72 Jul 29, 2008 16:40

Stub files are created automatically for each registered user. All you need is writable directory for them. If you selected blogs/u and it's not created yet - create it.

73 Jul 29, 2008 18:46

Ok i created that directory nothing happend still getting the same error message

75 Jul 29, 2008 18:58

Ok it is wanting a directory called eternal......../Blog/blogs/u/kirk/index.php

Ok so now it is basically telling me I willhave to manually create this for each and every user wich that iwll become a giant pain inthe ass. this program is missing something or I set somthing up wrong any help would be great
This is really gett nuts I have been at this since 9pm last night so a straight 13 hrs

76 Jul 29, 2008 19:02

Wow I had no idea was i causing so much of a issue wow this thing can be a real pain inthe butt at times thanks for all your help honest

77 Jul 30, 2008 01:38

You have to manually create /Blog/blogs/u/kirk/index.php for this particular blog only.

All other directories/stubs will be created automatically since you already created a parent directory /Blog/blogs/u/ which is now writable.

78 Aug 03, 2008 17:06

Hi, I've been reading this forum for years but now I have to ask for help.
I'm having trouble with the stub file creation. All user folders goes to a folder named blog and that works fine, user folders are created but permissions is 755 and with that the stubfile wont show. If I make a user folder named test and give permission 777 and after that make a user with same name and create a blog it works and the stub is there. So question is how can I make user folders 777 during creation?

79 Aug 03, 2008 18:12

[obligatory answer]
Yay Captain, we found you at last :D
[/obligatory answer]

[off topic]
You would benefit, in more ways than one, by using a host that ran suPHP
[/offtopic]

[summary]
Sometimes BB code is lacking ;)
[/summary]

¥

80 Aug 03, 2008 22:05

Try to set folder permissions to 777 in Global settings -> Files

81 Aug 04, 2008 07:52

I already done that. Did not help. Still 755.

82 Aug 04, 2008 07:57

Add this string in _userblog.plugin.php on line 1262

chmod( $new_blog_dir, 0777 );

83 Aug 06, 2008 00:38

I'm having a problem where users logging in through LDAP aren't able to see the "Create New Blog" link. I've tried everything in this thread but nothing works yet so ... i'm not sure what to do :/

I've got the latest version, I have the usergroup setup correctly but still no "Create new blog" link.

Any ideas??

84 Aug 06, 2008 00:52

Hi dotfrag,

Can you check the table evo_usersettings
There should be a userblog_created = wanted for each userblog group member.

What plugin or hack are you using? Can you post a link to your blog.

85 Aug 19, 2008 01:06

Great plugin, exactly what I was predicting would be many hours of work, many thanks, Sam !

86 Sep 02, 2008 00:24

Plugin updated
* New: It's finally possible to rename Userblog group
* Added directory permissions checks
* Fixed some bugs

87 Sep 10, 2008 16:28

how about user deletion? I can't find a user delete button or function.

88 Sep 10, 2008 16:35

Since all userblog users are blog owners you must delete their blog first. Then you can delete the user from Users tab.

90 Sep 14, 2008 08:13

Someone asked earlier in the thread but nobody answered him ..

Is there a way to make a new user blog automatically created upon user registration (maybe after clicking on confirmation email link) rather then manually going into their profile and clicking create ..

Also ... What is the max number of total user blogs can be created with b2evo? If I were to have "thousands" of blogs, would that clutter MY ADMINISTRATIVE menus as I notice all user blogs are shown in my control panel. Is there a way to not see all user blogs unless i want to pull up the list myself?

Last but not least, what are some good plugins that can display all the blogs in a single page?

91 Sep 14, 2008 16:24

Is there a way to make a new user blog automatically created upon user registration (maybe after clicking on confirmation email link) rather then manually going into their profile and clicking create ..

I'll add this feature in next release. But you can try to edit the validation email and add this to validation URL &ctrl=users&userblog=new

Also ... What is the max number of total user blogs can be created with b2evo?

There is no limit. All depends on your server hardware.

If I were to have "thousands" of blogs, would that clutter MY ADMINISTRATIVE menus as I notice all user blogs are shown in my control panel.

If you have 7+ blogs you only see 7 links in row and all others in dropdown list so it won't break the admin layout. But it still have to load all blogs what might be slow if you have thousands.

Is there a way to not see all user blogs unless i want to pull up the list myself?

No

Last but not least, what are some good plugins that can display all the blogs in a single page?

The best "plugins" are summary.php and multiblogs.php files in b2evo root.

EDIT: this won't work &ctrl=users&userblog=new you should wait for the new release.

92 Sep 14, 2008 19:06

Thanks for the quick reply, some more questions

The feature "Include this blog in the public blog list" is not available to the user to enable to make their user blog to be in a list of public blogs. Is it b/c I'm not giving the user group not enough access to see it? Right now I have them one privlege 'level 1'. I am using the "Chicago" admin skin if that matters.

The administrator can enable this for each user blog.

93 Sep 14, 2008 19:23

The checkbox to "Include this blog in the public blog list" is located on features tab which is hidden from userblog users because it contains some sensitive settings.

- You can edit the plugin's code to enable features tab.
- You can also go to plugin's settings and choose whether all new blogs will be included in public blog list or not.
- And of course you can manually include/exclude blogs by user requests.

94 Sep 20, 2008 07:41

I'm still can't find what to do.
I can't find anything in Global settings...

95 Sep 29, 2008 11:57

Is this topic still open? Im having a bit of a hard time with having the plugin reliable.... bit of help would be greatly appreciated.
New user registered cannot create new blog (not allowed), although default new user group = userblog, and permissions set to 5... Dont know whats going on.. :-(

96 Sep 29, 2008 14:34

Are you using the latest version of the plugin 2.1.0 ?

Check the following in database:
In table evo_settings
newusers_grp_ID = ?
userblog_grp_ID = ?

In table evo_usersettings for user #X who you think belongs to userblog group find
userblog_created = ?

In table evo_users for the same user #X check the field
user_grp_ID = ?

97 Sep 29, 2008 17:30

Hi, can me somebody help with with my problem? How can I translate and change email messages, which are send to user after he register. Next problem - how can I change default name of new created blog? I mean the name "New blog for ...." or "This is the blog's tagline" or "This is the blog's long description." My last problem is, how can I translate or change the message, which become every registered user after creating a new blog, I mean this message "Your personal blog was created! Take note of your new blog address:". Thanks for every info.

98 Sep 29, 2008 23:07

Hi ksmetana,

You can change plugin's messages and settings from Global settings > Plugins install > click on plugin name - Userblog
You can also translate this plugin into another language, but this would be another story :)

99 Sep 30, 2008 11:25

Reinstalled everything (cleaned up SQL database) and the plugin works perfectly. 2 little issues for now though which may or may not have to do with the pluggin.
-In the "write" interface of user, the process of uploading image in the post is somewhat "remote".
[url=http://www.europeoples.eu/img.jpg] see image[/url]
-The public list of blogs appears in the userblog's new blog, even with the option ticked off. This issue has already been mentionned before though :-)

THIS IS A GREAT PLUGIN THAT WORKS PERFECTLY ON B2EVO 2.4.5, ONCE IT IS INSTALLED AND CONFIGURED CORRECTLY AND STRAIGHT AWAY, THANK YOU!!!!

100 Oct 01, 2008 03:36

-In the "write" interface of user, the process of uploading image in the post is somewhat "remote".

Try the [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=15569]Quick upload plugin[/url]

-The public list of blogs appears in the userblog's new blog, even with the option ticked off. This issue has already been mentionned before though :-)

I'll check it, thanks.

101 Oct 05, 2008 21:49

-The public list of blogs appears in the userblog's new blog, even with the option ticked off. This issue has already been mentioned before though :-)

Ok, I see what you mean now :)
The option in plugin settings says "Include in public blog list". If checked the blog will be added to the list of public blogs, this doesn't mean display this list in skin or not.

To get rid of public blog list you have to delete the following code from _userblog.plugin.php around line 1200

// Add public global navigation list:
$DB->query( 'INSERT INTO T_widget( wi_coll_ID, wi_sco_name, wi_order, wi_type, wi_code )
				VALUES( '.$edited_Blog->ID.', "Page Top", 1, "core", "colls_list_public" )' );

102 Oct 07, 2008 16:15

Hello,

Sorry for my english but ....

How can i redirect h**p://*****.com/u/blog1/index.php to h**p://*****.com/blog1/index.php and keep the "u" directory ?

103 Oct 08, 2008 00:56

Here's the code from Autoblog plugin, I've never tested it and can't tell you if it works or not.

Put it in .htsccess file

# Apache configuration for clean urls with Autoblog plugin
# Credits: thanks to Iran Necho who fixed the code - Website: http://www.obloggator.com
#
# Add the following directives to your .htaccess file
#
# This will allow you to have clean urls such as
# http://www.mysite.com/username/2006/09/21/first_post
# instead of http://www.mysite.com/u/username/index.php/2006/09/21/first_post
#

RewriteEngine On
Options +FollowSymlinks

# Replace "u/" with whatever your Stub Storage Folder is called in Autoblog Plugin.
# Example: "mystorage/"

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^([^/]+)(/(.*))?$ /u/$1/index.php/$3 [L]

104 Oct 08, 2008 09:08

Hello,

Cool, i try it today.

with that, we need to create differents users, one by directory of the b2evo script, user conf, user doc, user cron ... to be sure that nobody create a account with this name !

105 Oct 08, 2008 10:21

sam2kb wrote:

Here's the code from Autoblog plugin, I've never tested it and can't tell you if it works or not.

Put it in .htsccess file

# Apache configuration for clean urls with Autoblog plugin
# Credits: thanks to Iran Necho who fixed the code - Website: http://www.obloggator.com
#
# Add the following directives to your .htaccess file
#
# This will allow you to have clean urls such as
# http://www.mysite.com/username/2006/09/21/first_post
# instead of http://www.mysite.com/u/username/index.php/2006/09/21/first_post
#

RewriteEngine On
Options +FollowSymlinks

# Replace "u/" with whatever your Stub Storage Folder is called in Autoblog Plugin.
# Example: "mystorage/"

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^([^/]+)(/(.*))?$ /u/$1/index.php/$3 [L]

Ok, it's good !

in _userblog_plugin.php

i have comment that :

if( $this->Settings->get('use_stub') != 'false' )
		{
			// Set url according to storage folder
			/*if( $this->Settings->get('storage_folder') )
			{
				$new_blog_siteurl = $this->Settings->get('storage_folder');
			}

// Set url according to stub folder
			// If personal folder is used, it will have the same name as login and stub name will be 'index'
			*/

Like that, thu new user have the goog url when he create a blog, and it's the good url in the DB.

Thanks !

106 Oct 14, 2008 00:28

Plugin updated

* New: Option to auto create a blog upon user registration (users must accept "Terms and conditions" in order to get a blog)
* Fixed: error "undefined index text"

107 Oct 22, 2008 14:25

can someone please post a fresh link to the old autoblog compat. with b2evo version 1.90.

the italian website hosting the original file has removed the download.

i desperately want to add this feature to my blog but upgrading b2evo at my webhost hasn't proved successful after many attempts.

108 Nov 16, 2008 23:36

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

hi all a im new to the forum i install b2evo version 2.4.5 and userblog_plugin all working but when i login the all the side bar links are not there when i log out it's there. did i install it right? or something do with the php code in userblog did not do this befor i install this plugin

109 Nov 17, 2008 01:50

Welcome to the forum.

What sidebar links do you mean? Can you post a link to your blog?

110 Dec 25, 2008 14:52

Hi, I installed the userblog plugin, step, by step, however, when I click on the blog page, nothing shows. Everything else seems to be working fine. Any advice?
I'm running the latest version of B2E.
Thanks in advance.

112 Dec 25, 2008 17:48

I merged topics.
mdwilson1, what exactly do you see on the page? Is it blank or is there any error message displayed?
Can you also post a link to your blog?

113 Feb 18, 2009 19:11

Hi, sam2kb i need some help. about plugin.

After install plugin it ok but i need to open menu "URLs" for new user "you can fix it for me?" because i use Subdomain of basedomain and need fix URL of every new users ex:

http://www.123456.com/media/members/test/index.php?m=20071231

> test is new user and
/test/index.php?m=20071231 << i need to fix it every new user sign up you can help me? or open tabs URLs for setup >> /test/index.php?m=20071231

I can not use URL : when it has "/" that error.
Await your help. Thank

114 Feb 18, 2009 19:37

Hi managerblue,

I don't understand what exactly do you need.

Do you want to send all new users to this page (/index.php?m=20071231) or do you want to assign a subdomain for new users like http://new_user.123456.com ?

116 Feb 25, 2009 12:58

Hi.

I am a new member to the forum, I would like to say thanks to sam2kb for the great plugin. Большое спасибо ;)
Everything installed fine and it was easier than I imagine to get it functioning correctly however; there is one small problem I can't seem to fix.
I registered a test user account o'k, when I log in and click "Tools" along the top this opens a page with "Antispam blacklist", on this page on the right side there is a link to "Antispam Settings >" clicking this link gives an error "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error"
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm using the latest version of B2evo and the userblog plugin.

Thank you

117 Feb 25, 2009 19:13

Hi defender.

Thank you for feedback, I'll check it out and let you know. We should probably hide the Antispam tab like some other sensitive links in backoffice.

118 Feb 27, 2009 00:48

@ defender Can you type this in address bar logged in as Userblog user

admin.php?ctrl=qwerty

You should see this error

The requested controller [qwerty] does not exist.

Is it true or do you get a 500 server error again?

120 Apr 10, 2009 21:01

Hi, I hope this topic is still open.

I'm having an issue and do not know whether it comes from userblog plugin or not.

Logged in as a userblog user i reorganized my blog categories (i think i delete one and its related post). Then after a logout, i login and now i keep getting : "You have no permission to view the requested page!" when i try to access the blog admin pages. And the link "Create my personal blog!" shows up but my blog exists, and contains many posts.

So I'm not sure if it comes from the plugin because on one hand i just manipulated the categories but on the other hand this happens when i try to access the admin section and the link "Create my personal blog!" appears.

Can you help me ?

121 Apr 12, 2009 06:43

Hi murdock_,

Login as admin, open the Users tab and you will see a "fix blog" link if the blog is corrupted.
If you don't see this link you will have to check the DB.

122 Apr 12, 2009 18:05

How do I get rid of the standard emails? It has b2revolution on the bottom signature in the email. It also isnt the English I want to have in the email when it gets sent.

This is a wonderful plugin, but ive been looking for 2 days how to change the email notification when someone signs up for an account to create their own blog. How do I change it? What file?

123 Apr 13, 2009 06:36

What language do you want to use? You can translate all and any text fields in the plugin. This plugin comes with messages.pot file, please read about translating here http://manual.b2evolution.net/Localization

To remove the signature delete or comment the line 1396 in _userblog.plugin.php

$email_msg .= "\n\n".$app_name;

124 Apr 14, 2009 19:04

sam2kb wrote:

Hi murdock_,

Login as admin, open the Users tab and you will see a "fix blog" link if the blog is corrupted.
If you don't see this link you will have to check the DB.

Hi, i don't see any 'fix blog' link :(
How can i check my DB ? Thanks.

125 Apr 17, 2009 03:59

Can you post a link to your blog? It's hard to figure out what went wrong and how to fix it.

Check the following in the database

In table evo_settings
newusers_grp_ID = ?
userblog_grp_ID = ?

userblog_created = ?

user_grp_ID = ?

126 Apr 17, 2009 11:40

sam2kb wrote:

Can you post a link to your blog? It's hard to figure out what went wrong and how to fix it.

Check the following in the database

In table evo_settings
newusers_grp_ID = ?
userblog_grp_ID = ?

userblog_created = ?

user_grp_ID = ?

table evo_settings : newusers_grp_ID = userblog_grp_ID
table evo_usersettings : userblog_created = "wanted" //i guess it's the cause of my problems
table evo_users : user_grp_ID = correct index value

So i took a look to the plugin code and saw userblog_created had to be set to a numeric value, so setting it to '1' seems to do the trick.

So i suspect without beeing conviced, that some action i did on the categories such as reorganizing and deleting, impacted on the plugin and told it to set me to 'wanted'.

127 Apr 17, 2009 19:58

userblog_created = user blog ID if user's blog exists or 'wanted' if not

128 May 10, 2009 20:02

Hello,

I'd like to put in the term of service html code, but it's not possible, what must i do ?

Thanks for help

Eric

129 May 11, 2009 07:13

Edit the following in _userblog.plugin.php #333

'type' => 'html_textarea',

You can do the same for other messages, don't know why I didn't do it like this...
Thank you for the feedback.

130 May 21, 2009 02:42

when the user makes a blog, it gives the directory permission error. I manually edit them now.

Edit: fixed that

Is there a way to let the users edit the skin/ use custom skins with out giving the full ftp access? ><

Edit: found the skin changer plugin for this

Is there a way to make the default url of every new blog created to be sub domain on the main domain?

131 May 22, 2009 09:07

Regarding your second question, there's a "Custom user CSS" option in plugin settings. So if you enabled file manager users may upload custom css file to restyle the skin.

As far as I remember users have access to the "skins" tab, so they can change the skin if they want.

On your last question I replied in another thread.

132 May 22, 2009 11:39

Worked like a charm. Thank you.
If I upgrade to 3.x will the plugin still be working with out any problems?

133 May 22, 2009 17:25

If I upgrade to 3.x will the plugin still be working with out any problems?

Never tried, 3.x is getting new features every day. I'll test the plugin in first stable b2evo 3.x release.

EDIT: I think it worth trying, but do it in test install first.

134 May 22, 2009 17:52

I installed in in 3.1.0 and it works very well. Is it possible to have multi author in user blogs?

135 Jun 16, 2009 23:34

@Angelica

Is it possible to have multi author in user blogs?

Sorry, I didn't see your post.
What do you mean by "multi author" ? If you want one user to post in several blogs, move this user to another non-userblog group and change user permissions.

136 Jun 16, 2009 23:42

I have some interesting needs so that this set up can be made, incredibly dummy friendly.

Is there a way to have user settings in USERBLOG where the skin is predetermined and there is nothing available to them, but "New Post".

To make a really minimalistic admin interface open _userblog.plugin.php on line 686

You'll see this code

// Hide backoffice menu entries from all users
if( !empty( $AdminUI->_menus['entries']['blogs']['entries']['features'] ) )

if( !empty( $AdminUI->_menus['entries']['blogs']['entries']['urls'] ) )	
	unset( $AdminUI->_menus['entries']['blogs']['entries']['urls'] );

if( !empty( $AdminUI->_menus['entries']['blogs']['entries']['seo'] ) )
	unset( $AdminUI->_menus['entries']['blogs']['entries']['seo'] );

if( !empty( $AdminUI->_menus['entries']['blogs']['entries']['advanced'] ) )
	unset( $AdminUI->_menus['entries']['blogs']['entries']['advanced'] );

if( !empty( $AdminUI->_menus['entries']['blogs']['entries']['perm'] ) )
	unset( $AdminUI->_menus['entries']['blogs']['entries']['perm'] );

if( !empty( $AdminUI->_menus['entries']['blogs']['entries']['permgroup'] ) )
	unset( $AdminUI->_menus['entries']['blogs']['entries']['permgroup'] );

Add the following below

if( !empty( $AdminUI->_menus['entries']['tools'] ) )
	unset( $AdminUI->_menus['entries']['tools'] );

if( !empty( $AdminUI->_menus['entries']['stats'] ) )
	unset( $AdminUI->_menus['entries']['stats'] );

if( !empty( $AdminUI->_menus['entries']['blogs'] ) )
	unset( $AdminUI->_menus['entries']['blogs'] );

This will hide "Blog Settings", "Stats" and "Tools" tabs. Users still may access these tabs by typing the correct URL in address bar or by following links from evobar.

137 Jul 01, 2009 16:52

Issue date: in User Plugin.
- I have new a problem for user plugin.

- When i use user plugin and login by use a user (from create signup). When i would like to post and would like to set Issue date: (In Advanced properties) but i can not.

- Please, solve my problem to can use (Advanced properties > Issue date:)

Refer. www.blogtika.com

138 Jul 01, 2009 18:06

You're right, "Issue date" and "This post is linked to" fields aren't available (even when user has access to FM).
This is most likely a group permissions issue, let me check it out... :-/

140 Jul 01, 2009 18:22

- Thank sam2kb, i would like all user in my website can use "Issue date" only. But other option as before only issue date to change. If i change Level 5 that it meaning user can Ability to generate static pages.
- How to edit code? (when new user signup and can use issue date)

141 Jul 17, 2009 04:21

Hi All...another strange question from me;o)

OK I installed the plugin and it works perfectly...first time...yeah me!

BUT...I REALLY don't want users to have to mess with an admin panel. I'd like to collect all relevant information on the register screen. The idea is one form to collect all profile information AND all the info needed for the header of their company page.

I found the _reg_form.main.php file and made a change...again...yeah me! Soooo...I'm in the right place.

What I want to do is add fields...

1. I want to name the blog from an input field 'Company Name' and have that name show up exactly in the list of blogs...right now the blog name defaults to the user name...which needs to be setup...but that shouldn't be the blog name...if that makes sense...
2. I want to collect the users' real name and add a check box that they MUST check stating they are authorized to set up the blog...
3. I want them to be able to upload a logo which will go somewhere where I can then have the skin insert usersnamelogo.gif, jpg, png etc into the skin...
4.Finally...I want them to be able to insert text to describe their business...

Is this possible...can someone get me started?

THANKS

142 Jul 17, 2009 07:20

Hi swaitela

Everything is possible.
But I don't think that you can do it yourself, that's a lot of work.

Instead of editing _reg_form.main.php you should add new input fields to plugin's event/function DisplayRegisterFormFieldset, and then get the input in AfterUserInsert

143 Jul 17, 2009 07:47

managerblue wrote:

- How to edit code? (when new user signup and can use issue date)

Sorry for the late reply.

Edit the following code, lines 483-490

function AfterUserInsert( $params )
{
	global $UserSettings, $Settings, $Messages, $admin_url, $current_User;

$inserted_User = $params['User'];

// Change user level
	$inserted_User->set( 'level', 5 );
	$inserted_User->dbupdate();

144 Jul 17, 2009 15:28

- Thank you sam2kb but where?
- Please tell me name document for edit your code.

146 Dec 17, 2009 10:40

Hello, i get the 3.3.3 version, so where can I find a compatible version of USERBLOG, I don't find the link to download.

Thanks

147 Dec 17, 2009 16:36

The download link is in the first post. This plugin should work in b2evo 2.x and b2evo 3.x

149 Dec 25, 2009 19:46

Hi,

I hope this question belongs here. I installed B2evo 3.3.3 and User Blog plugin.

I am not a coder, and am helplessly trying to find the register text that is on the lower right of the Login page. I would like to delete or hide this text.

Thanks for any help.

150 Dec 26, 2009 00:19

You can do it in plugin settings. Global settings > Plugins > Userblog plugin

151 May 27, 2010 15:39

I'd like new blogs for users that i manually add through backoffice, that is possible right ?

Create user blog:
Check this if you want to enable user blog creation.

Admin user blog:
Check this if you want to create a blog when admin register a new user.

Blog upon registration:
Check this if you want to create a blog upon user registration.

I only have the 2nd option checked i assumed it does what i want, but when i add a new user, nothing really happens

153 May 27, 2010 22:00

sam2kb wrote:

The first one is mandatory

yea figured that later and checked it but it's the same, any other idea ?

154 May 27, 2010 22:43

Do you use it in b2evo 3 ? I don't know why it doesn't work.

155 May 27, 2010 23:04

sam2kb wrote:

Do you use it in b2evo 3 ? I don't know why it doesn't work.

yep 3.3... doesnt it work with 3.3 ?

158 May 27, 2010 23:09

sam2kb wrote:

Can you pm me b2evo and ftp passwords?

sure thing.. it's in my local server at the office, i ll upload it tomorrow and pass you a link, thank you very much in advance for taking your time, cheers

160 May 28, 2010 13:25

When you renamed the userblog group to "Basic Users" you should delete or change the name of the old Basic users group. The plugin doesn't select new group based on specified name, it's just renames its own "Userblog group".

It's working, you just have to pick the right group for new users.

161 May 28, 2010 15:07

yeah,i have noticed that earlier but when i did not find a dropdown box i thought typing in the name "basic users" would do fine but turns out it just created another duplicate with same name.. thank you again for taking your time tp solve it

162 May 28, 2010 15:10

The plugin creates its own group and uses it. You can rename it, but you can't select any other group.

163 Jun 01, 2010 11:18

btw, i assumed when you add a user, the user is the owner of the created blog, but it seems the admin is.How can i make the created user the owner of its blog ?

164 Jun 01, 2010 17:37

The user can't own a blog for security reasons, although he is a member of his blog, and member he receives email notifications and stuff.

See this page for details

ADD_YOUR_URL/admin.php?ctrl=coll_settings&tab=perm&blog=9

165 Jun 01, 2010 18:45

sam2kb wrote:

The user can't own a blog for security reasons

bummer..i was using current user == blog owner for security reasons.. isnt there absolutely no way to hack it :|

166 Jun 01, 2010 19:02

If you make user own a blog, you can't set any restrictions on this blog, and half of plugin's config will not work.

Anyway there's nothing impossible, you can hack the plugin the way you want.

167 Jun 01, 2010 19:15

sam2kb wrote:

If you make user own a blog, you can't set any restrictions on this blog, and half of plugin's config will not work.

Anyway there's nothing impossible, you can hack the plugin the way you want.

care to tell how if it's a one line change or sth ?

btw, i do not need any restrictions as the users wont have access to backend already, they will just view it, it's a one admin operation

168 Jun 01, 2010 19:31

Wait a minute... I remember that if you allow posting in plugin settings, users become blog owners. I've just created a "qwerty" blog

169 Jun 02, 2010 00:28

sam2kb wrote:

Wait a minute... I remember that if you allow posting in plugin settings, users become blog owners. I've just created a "qwerty" blog

cool B) thank you very much

170 Jun 11, 2010 06:53

Hi sam2kb,

I would like to ask for your help with further customization of the userblog: ability to customize user fields, default blog settings and configuration for new blogs (e.g.: default widgets, posts/comments, etc).

Will you be able to help me? May I PM you with the details?

171 Jun 12, 2010 03:59

Welcome to the forum!

I'm mostly working on sponsored projects now and don't have time to develop this plugin any more. It's not that hard to add the features you listed above though.

I can point you in the right direction if you want to, or you can hire me. Feel free to PM me for details.

172 Jun 18, 2010 16:17

tilqicom wrote:

sam2kb wrote:

cool B) thank you very much

Then again, i remembered that they should not be allowed to post.

Actually they should not be allowed to do anything, other than editing their profile info.

How would you recommend i do that ? Off the top of my head i thought a simple stupid solution..

wild card url blocking if user->id is not 1.

any better way to hide all the access to admin area other than editing your profile ?

173 Jun 18, 2010 16:52

You can completely deny access to backoffice since users can edit their profiles in skin.

if (user id != 1) die;

This is a bulletproof way :)

174 Jun 19, 2010 22:56

sam2kb wrote:

You can completely deny access to backoffice since users can edit their profiles in skin.

if (user id != 1) die;

This is a bulletproof way :)

bulls eye.. totally forgot that /*edit: i even forgot to write 'forgat that'*/that profiles are editable in front end.. thanks for the heads up (:

175 Mar 06, 2016 05:36

Are there any plans of further development to work with the latest 6.6.7?

Form is loading...