Recent Topics

1 Aug 19, 2008 19:57    

Please see http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?p=79818#79818 to dig on how to expose this bug in the back office, but basically if in the "System admin permissions" section of Users->group name are set to "no access" then a user in that group will see an oopsie in the back office.

Notice: Undefined index: text in /path_to/skins_adm/_adminUI_general.class.php on line 762

Let them view antispam and the error goes away. I did not tinker with no access on antispam and view on any of the other three though.

2 Aug 19, 2008 20:09

They see the error if there's any plugin that has a tool tab ;)

¥

3 Jan 30, 2009 12:45

Bummer.

Sorry 'bout the way late bump on this, but does anyone have a solution? Or even a hint at where I can start hacking up a solution? I'm thinking maybe if I can get the Tools tab out of the group that is controlled by "System admin permissions" settings option (group management eh?) then the bug might go away AND a noob user would not even see the blog & general settings.

4 Jan 30, 2009 18:27

Isn't it fixed in CVS?

5 Jan 30, 2009 22:43

Dunno. I see comments in the code in 246 indicating it is sort of known that putting tools in with blog permissions means locking out plugin tabs as well.

I figure I'll put a few hours into it and see if I want to continue, or just deal with the users getting scared of too much stuff to see...

6 Aug 06, 2009 01:44

FYI this still seems to be the case in 247. Reckon I'll have to fix it myself.

7 Aug 06, 2009 10:22

Open skins_adm/admin_UI_general.class.php to approximately line 732 where you hopefully will find

foreach( $menuEntries as $loop_key => $loop_details )
{
	$anchor = '<a href="';

Now change it to this:

foreach( $menuEntries as $loop_key => $loop_details )
{

if( ! isset($loop_details['text']) )
	{
		continue;
	}

$anchor = '<a href="';

Now I don't have to make the Tools tab accessible to people who have no need of it just because I have plugins that create subtabs in there :)

8 Aug 06, 2009 16:18

/plugins/your_groovy_plugin/_your_groovy.plugin.php

function AdminAfterMenuInit()
	{	// add our tab
		global $current_User;
		if( $current_User->check_perm( 'options', 'edit', false ) )
		{ // user has permission to play with plugins
			$this->register_menu_entry( 'AM BOPIT' );
			require_css( $this->get_plugin_url().'am_bopit.css', true );
		}
	}

;)

¥

9 Aug 06, 2009 19:57

I thought about maybe making plugins be smart enough to do ... uh ... do the thing you're saying you can make it do, but that would mean editing any plugin that might make a tool tab. So I went for a dummy approach: find the thing that makes it sad and cheat it into faking happiness ;)

10 Aug 06, 2009 20:30

No wonder all your ex-wives left yah ;)

¥

Form is loading...