Recent Topics

1 Mar 21, 2009 01:51    

Each time I try to install, it gives me:

Creating minimum default data...
Creating default blacklist entries... OK.
Creating default groups... PHP Error Message

Fatal error: Class 'Group' not found in /home/a6630275/public_html/blog/install/_functions_create.php on line 90

I'm using version 2.4.6.

I've tried re-downloading and re-uploading, just encase the file was corrupted.

Any help is much appreciated.

2 Mar 21, 2009 02:03

Okay that's weird. I mean, Hi Slicx! Welcome to the forums. Man that's weird with a capital Wow.

So when you re-downloaded and re-uploaded did you delete everything that is part of b2evolution on your server first? Just thinking if your FTP program doesn't over-write files that don't have a newer date-stamp ... and your timezone offset isn't right ... you could be uploading but not actually getting an upload.

BTW especially important would be the /inc/ folder even though the problem is showing up when you're running something from the /install/ folder.

Also just to be thorough and knowing it ain't part of your problem, you are dropping the tables it makes in your database before trying again right? With a brand new installation you've got nothing to lose by getting rid of them ... and it'll eventually choke on trying to create something that already exists is the thing.

So yeah the biggie is "did you wipe out the files before re-downloading & re-uploading them?"

3 Mar 22, 2009 17:47

I only re-uploaded the file that was giving me the error before.

I deleted the lot and re-uploaded it all and it works fine.

It did give me a few weird errors, though I think that server is a bit dodgy in general. After a few retries it worked perfectly.

Thanks a lot for your help!

:)

Form is loading...