Recent Topics

1 Mar 25, 2009 08:39    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I looked at several photoblog posts, but none seemd to answer this for me.

I have figured out how to link to various albums in my photoblog individually, but how do I make those albums show up on a main directory page viewable to the public?

As it is, it shows the first photo and goes to each in order of my posting them, which is not much help if they want to see the latest photos of the kitten, which are the last posted. And I foresee that they will have to go through miscellaneous other photos as I add to the first albums created. It works fine if they are following an album link from other places on my website, but if they go directly to the photoblog, there seems to be no order.

I'm thinking this may be what a static page is for. If so, please direct me to help on making that. I tried and it's php. I'm still learning the css and haven't got to php, yet.

Thank you.

~Faith

2 Mar 27, 2009 06:30

Nah. Static pages are for ... heck I dunno what they're for.

I think what you might want would be a Free HTML widget. What you would have to do is take the links for the albums (collection of thumbnails - right?) and make the HTML that would be the list you want in your sidebar or header or wherever, then put that HTML into a Free HTML widget for the appropriate container.

Without a link it ain't easy to tell though.

3 Mar 28, 2009 01:27

Not sure how that would work.

This is my photoblog: http://airynothing.net/Blogs/index.php?blog=4

As you can see, it goes right to the fist photo in the first album. Because I have just posted the photos by album, the set of photos for each album is together, but you have to go through all the albums before you get to Emily the kitten.

Most of the time I expect people will be following links to get to Emily (or whatever album, but I'm sure some people will take a look after looking at one of my other blogs linked at the top. For those viewers, I'd like the very first page of the photoblog to be a links page. I'm not looking for thumbnails or anything like that... just direct album links like http://airynothing.net/Blogs/index.php/Emily/?blog=4 (or rather an html link "Emily" that skips the lake and other pets and goes straight to the first Emily photo.)

I don't know what static pages are for, either, but this seems like it would be a good use for one. People could click on "Photoblog" and go to the static page and then from there choose the album they want to see.

Hmm.... Can I put a link widget on a photoblog page? That would do it, I think. I'm off to see if I can do that.

Woohoo! That widget was just the thing! And so easy!!! It added a line of catagories (albums) to the top of the blog. Perfect!

Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!

~Faith

Form is loading...