Recent Topics

Add Column to Photoblog skin?

Started by on Jun 19, 2011 – Contents updated: Dec 07, 2013

Jun 19, 2011 21:47    

My b2evolution Version:

Hi all,

Been figuring out this blog stuff for a couple of weeks. I am currently using the Photoblog skin on my site which is http://www.zlogonje.com

I would love to add a column to this template. All I would want in said column is a box with all of the available tag words, so a potential customer could click, as an example, the tagword "1911" and have all posts tagged 1911 show up.

Is this possible? If so, how difficult will it be? Im a super newb to this stuff.

Thank you

Dan

Jun 19, 2011 21:48

Also realized I posted this in the wrong sub-forum. My apologies. Feel free to move it to the correct location.

Jun 20, 2011 17:38

What you need is called "Tag cloud widget", you can add it to the blog on Blog settings > Widgets page. I didn't quite understand where you want to place it though.

Jun 20, 2011 23:19

Thank you sam2kb. Thats what I was looking for. Any idea how to move it out of the "page top" and into a non-existing sidebar?

Jun 21, 2011 02:48

You need to create a sidebar and add new widgets container there. Edit index.main.php

Container code

PHP

skin_containerNT_('Sidebar'), array(
        'block_start' => '<div class="$wi_class$">',
        'block_end' => '</div>',
        'block_display_title' => false,
    ) );

Jul 20, 2013 22:11

Hi Sam,

I have added this to the photoblog. Also started using widgets.
But the issue is the post is pushed downwards on the page. Here is the link: http://nerurkars.in/blogs/index.php/Photoblog/

Can you tell me how to bring the post up from the top of page?

Jul 22, 2013 15:24

You might want to invest a few hours into learning CSS and especially CSS positioning of elements on a page. This will be useful for the rest of your online life ;)

Once you know the basics you can use a tool like the firebug Firefox extension to look at the current CSS that applies to elements on your page and tweak it until it fits your needs.

Jul 23, 2013 14:32

Hi Fran├žois,

Thanks. I have been doing that.
But I could not find if the issue is in CSS or in PHP.
I really could use some expert opinion.

Thanks,
Abhijit

Form is loading...