Recent Topics

1 Feb 19, 2012 09:09    

My b2evolution Version: 4.1.x

A few days ago I upgraded to 4.1.2. I actually don't remember which exact version I had before, but it was 4.x.x. The upgrade went well, no error messages, but since then I have experienced some strange glitches that weren't there before. There is often a delay that may last up to several minutes before a published post becomes visible on the main page of the blog. The post exists, I can access it through the permalink, but it won't show up immediately on the main page. It's the same thing if I update a post, the changes are sometimes not visible until a few minutes later. And if I try refreshing the main page, it sometimes happens that all the text is briefly visible to the left of the screen, without any CSS, before everything "snaps back" to normal. These things happen several times per day, but they were never there before the upgrade.

My hosting service is JustHost, and they say they can't find anything wrong on their end. I have searched your forums but I couldn't find anything on this. So what could cause the problem? Is there some setting somewhere I should change?

And another thing: This may be incidental, but whenever I published a new post before, I used to immediately have 5-10 views on the post, but after the upgrade I never have more than 1-2. The blog is just a little over a month old, but could this be an issue with pinging?

URL: http://robertholm.com/scrawl/

I would very much appreciate any help.

2 Feb 19, 2012 18:37

Page cache is enabled by default in v4.1, this speeds up loading time. First see if it's enabled on Blog settings > Advanced page.

Try to disable it, and see if the post delay is gone.

it sometimes happens that all the text is briefly visible to the left of the screen, without any CSS, before everything "snaps back" to normal

This is not related to b2evolution. Try another browser. The reasons might be slow internet connection between you and the server, poor network quality at server level, or anything else.

I used to immediately have 5-10 views on the post

If the post is not visible robots won't be able to access it, right? Try to fix the publish delay first.

3 Feb 20, 2012 20:46

Disabling page cache seems to have done the trick. Thanks very much!

Form is loading...