Recent Topics

1 Sep 05, 2012 23:03    

My b2evolution Version: 4.1.x

Just to be clear, what folder should the favicon.ico be in to work properly? It doesn't seem to be working here: http://www.aswesee.com/ and it's in the current skin folder (frugal). What am I missing?

2 Sep 05, 2012 23:23

your blog is not loading for me

4 Sep 06, 2012 03:43

You can just load it from any location. In example below the icon is loaded from current skin directory ( i.e. /skins/evopress/myicon.png )

Edit your _skin.class.php

/**
 * Get ready for displaying the skin.
 * This may register some CSS or JS...
 */
function display_init()
{
	// call parent:
	parent::display_init();
	add_headline('<link rel="shortcut icon" href="myicon.png" />');
}

You may need to clear browser cache to realod the favicon

5 Sep 06, 2012 05:30

I can't seem to find a _skin.class.php file in either my skin folder or the main skins folder... do I need to create a new file and put this into it?

6 Sep 06, 2012 08:37

or simply open your ../skins/frugal/html.header.inc.php or parent skins folder if the skin doesnt have one and add

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="myicon.png" />

inside your <head>.

7 Sep 06, 2012 20:01

tilqicom wrote:

or simply open your ../skins/frugal/html.header.inc.php or parent skins folder if the skin doesnt have one and add

inside your <head>.

That's not recommended. The file _html_header.inc.php changes very often, and if you don't update it you'll have problems with CSS/JS and some other.

8 Sep 06, 2012 20:02

Ethan5150 wrote:

I can't seem to find a _skin.class.php file in either my skin folder or the main skins folder... do I need to create a new file and put this into it?

Just copy this file from any stock skin and edit it.

9 Sep 06, 2012 22:46

Well, skins are ought to have frequent updates too.It's just that b2's skins doesnt : D
Fail safe would be via a plugin.
Speaking of skin additions, I recommend a "resource loader" kind of plugin that would load extra javascripts, css files and such changes that might be lost due to updates.

sam2kb wrote:

tilqicom wrote:

inside your <head>.

That's not recommended. The file _html_header.inc.php changes very often, and if you don't update it you'll have problems with CSS/JS and some other.

10 Sep 06, 2012 23:17

Speaking of skin additions, I recommend a "resource loader" kind of plugin that would load extra javascripts, css files and such changes that might be lost due to updates.

This is already in v5 :)

Add custom meta tags and/or css styles to the <head> section. Example use: website verification, Google+, favicon image...

Add custom javascript before the closing </body> tag in order to avoid any issues with page loading delays for visitors with slow connection speeds.
Example use: tracking scripts, javascript libraries...

11 Sep 07, 2012 00:08

Cool, thanks for the heads up, 'cause i was thinking of making one in free time.

sam2kb wrote:

This is already in v5 :)

12 Sep 07, 2012 02:18

Well since I generally manage my skins individually, I added

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://humanrally.com/as-we-see/favicon.ico" />

to my head section in the _html_header.inc.php file but it still doesn't appear to be pulling up properly for me.

13 Sep 07, 2012 07:11

Clear browser cache. View source, make sure the code is there.

Form is loading...