Recent Topics

1 Jun 12, 2005 14:32    

hello,
i'm about to create a new skin for b2evo, called LIME.

it's almost finished, just working on the validation stuff and some cleaning up.

it would be nice if you could check it out, and tell me if you find some strange errors or something, and your os and your browser, so i can fix it.

it can be found here: http://fuck.open-minded.org/index.php?skin=lime_b2evo

i took the kubrik-skin for reference.

if you like it and i finished it, i will make it a free template with all psd-files and stuff.

thanks in advance.

2 Jun 12, 2005 15:23

It looks pretty nice, I am interested in the files for this skin. Let me know please.

Deaken

3 Jun 12, 2005 19:45

now, the validations should be ok.

is there something special i have to take care of when i plan to release a skin? that question points to some b2-evo pro :)

4 Jun 12, 2005 20:27

I like it. It looks nice in Firefox and Safari on my Mac.

5 Jun 16, 2005 11:44

my evil twin wrote:

now, the validations should be ok.

is there something special i have to take care of when i plan to release a skin? that question points to some b2-evo pro :)

Just make sure it validates, and that no editing of the files are needed. And please don't use tables for non tabular data... Email it to skins[at]b2evo[dot]net and it'll be up when I get the skins site live again (which should be pretty soon). And that's b2evo.net not b2evolution.net.

edit: Actually, what I'd do would be to move the title text out of an image and give the user an option of having it to be plain css, so if someone can't or doesn't want to edit files they don't have to. Oh, one last thing, make sure you update the skininfo.html, preferably with instructions on how to make it use a css title or insert one into their header image.

Great job, it's a really nice skin.

6 Jun 20, 2005 15:11

AWESOME! :D

I agree with Graham: you *definitely* need to get "mein blog" and "dein text hier" out of the header image and have them implemented as the TEXT and BASELINE properties of a skin so that users can easily modify them.

In other words, the image up there should be a background for a DIV and not an IMG.

7 Jun 20, 2005 19:06

hey, glad you like it!

i'll modify as soon as i find a little spare time
i just wanted to say that i include the photoshop file, so the user can easily modify the text, or take it away without any problems!

8 Jun 20, 2005 20:56

Not so easy if they don't have photoshop, or don't know how to. Believe it or not, not everyone is able to edit photoshop files - most people want to be able to unpack and go blog.

Form is loading...