Recent Topics

1 Jun 11, 2005 16:38    

I did a search on this, but really couldn't find anything helpful. What I'm trying to do is make the rest of my site match the skin on my blog. How exactly do I do that?

2 Jun 11, 2005 18:37

I think the easiest way to do this is to go to your blog, view source, coppy that into a new file (index.html or whatever), remove all of the blog content and replace it with your website content. The importat thing is to leave the tags that format the page. The div tags and any others that have id or class attributes. That should hook up with your stylesheet and make the new html page look like your blog.

If you need more help, just post your blog url and tell what skin you're using.

3 Jun 11, 2005 18:39

You can try to link css used bye your skin in the rest of your blog.

4 Crys Jun 11, 2005 18:47

Crys

personman wrote:

I think the easiest way to do this is to go to your blog, view source, coppy that into a new file (index.html or whatever), remove all of the blog content and replace it with your website content. The importat thing is to leave the tags that format the page. The div tags and any others that have id or class attributes. That should hook up with your stylesheet and make the new html page look like your blog.

If you need more help, just post your blog url and tell what skin you're using.

Ok, I understand that much... now how do I make it so if the visitors change the skin on my blog, it changes the skin of the rest of the site?

5 Jun 11, 2005 19:03

That's going to be tough. Not impossible, but beyond my skill. There's a cookie that's set when the user changes the skin, so you just need to make your main site a php page that can detect that cookie and serve up formatting based on what it finds there. That means that for every skin you install in b2evo, you'll need to go through this process on your main page.

Form is loading...