Recent Topics

1 Jun 19, 2005 23:24    

Hello

I would like to know how I can add a links list to my blog (links towards blogs from other people, for example), so that it appears close to the categories.

Thanks in advance :)

2 Jun 20, 2005 00:44

Hi Naif

It sounds like a linkblog is what you need. Set up another blog and into this write some postings - enter the Title you want the link to be and just below that in the URL field enter the URL you want to link to and save the posting - the title will become a hyperlink.

To get this to show up in the other blog go to the back office and to edit the properties of your main blog (click on the blogs tab)

About halfway down you'll see "default linkblog" and there should be a dropdown with all the blogs you have in your set up. Choose the one you just put the links into and save.

Now when you view your blog these links should appear somewhere depending on the skin. If you don't like where they appear you can cut and past them eslewhere ( in _main.php for the skin you are using) or if they don't appear at all juts paste in the code below.

<?php
 	/**
 	 * --------------------------- BLOG LIST INCLUDED HERE -----------------------------
 	 */
 	require( dirname(__FILE__).'/_linkblog.php' );
 	// ----------------------------- END OF BLOG LIST ---------------------------- ?>

Form is loading...