Recent Topics

1 Jul 27, 2005 10:50    

Hello all,

I am very new to b2evo and just wondering are there any TheRegister.com style templates out there? If not, how difficult to create one.

If you look at TheRegister.com website homepage, you will see that it lists all different category lists in rows and columns format.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Kind Regards,

WebServant

2 Jul 27, 2005 15:34

No, I haven't seen anyone make a skin like this. I don't think it would be too hard to do, though. There is a [url=http://b2evolution.net/man/2005/06/18/make_a_skin_based_on_my_proper_layout]guide to turning any web template into an evoskin[/url]. Read through that, then view source on theregister.com and copy all of that code to use as a reference. The trickiest part is going to be the table layout. There's a part of _main.php where a loop runs through all of the posts. It won't be hard to put a <td> before each post and a </td> after each post. But you also need a </tr><tr> between the third and fourth posts, sixth and seventh posts, ninth and tenth posts, etc. You could add a bit of php code to the loop that keeps track of whether or not to add the table row code. It would basically count to three, display '</tr><tr>' then reset the counter. (The very first <tr> and the very last </tr> can be outside of the loop along with the <table> and </table> tags.)

So I guess it won't be all that easy, but it's very doable.

Form is loading...