Recent Topics

1 Sep 07, 2005 20:18    

I've noticed that at the top of each post in my blog, the "long description" for the blog shows up. Is there a way to keep that from repeating with every post and only show it at the very top?

if you need to look, here's the url for my blog:

www.lira.ca/blog

I'd really like to get rid of that.. it's seriously annoying! :roll:

Thanks,
~Andrea

2 Sep 07, 2005 20:29

You betcha! Somehow, somewhere in your skin's _main.php you've got

<?php $Blog->disp( 'longdesc', 'htmlbody' ); ?>

AFTER your

if( isset($MainList) ) $MainList->display_if_empty(); // Display message if no post
if( isset($MainList) ) while( $Item = $MainList->get_item() ) {

That is why it is showing up on top of each post. Lots of skins put the longdesc in the sidebar. I use it above the posts loop, meaning before the second php block I pasted here.

Tinker a bit and see if you can work it out. If not paste the RELAVENT section of your _main.php here and I'm sure someone will help you correct it. By relavent I mean (a) I don't know how to spell that word but it looks wrong to me, and (b) a handful of lines before and a few lines after the line with longdesc in it is all we'll need. Everything else just makes the thread really long and clutters things up a bunch. (Just trying to keep things tidy in here is all.)

3 Sep 07, 2005 20:35

Open up skins/crystalglass/_main.php and find this chunk of code:

<!-- =================================== START OF MAIN AREA =================================== -->

<?php // --- START OF POSTS ---
if( isset($MainList) ) $MainList->display_if_empty(); // Display message if no post
// $MainList->date_if_changed(); ?>

Move the last line up before the 'Start of Posts' line like this:

<!-- =================================== START OF MAIN AREA =================================== -->

4 Sep 07, 2005 20:50

This is what I'm used to call a "D class bug" (a layout issue without feature misbehalf, if possible, it should be fixed before software release, but nobody will complain if it's not fixed!). It's a bug in the [url=http://skins.b2evolution.net/a.php?skin=crystalglass]Crystal Glass[/url] skin you use. In order to fix it, you have to edit the skins/crystalglass/_main.php file around lines 92-98. Change the following code:

<h2 class="pagetitle"><?php
	single_cat_title();
	single_month_title();
	single_post_title();
	arcdir_title();
	last_comments_title();
	stats_title();
	profile_title();
?></h2>

and move the above last line so it becomes the first one:

<h2 class="pagetitle"><?php
	single_cat_title();
	single_month_title();
	single_post_title();
	arcdir_title();
	last_comments_title();
	stats_title();
	profile_title();
?></h2>

That should fix the problem. Maybe somebody can update the skin available from this site?

5 Sep 07, 2005 21:02

Wow, three replies for the price of one.

6 Sep 08, 2005 04:08

That's awesome!... thanks so much!!!

Form is loading...