Recent Topics

1 Jan 10, 2006 02:03    

Is there a way to control the tab in the admin area to which users are directed upon login. I want to add a 'landing page' type of tab with some instruction to users on where to go to do what they came to do.

It seems that currently the default tab from the login is the Create a new Post tab, where is this defined?

Thanks,
www.nthview.com

2 Jan 10, 2006 20:55

/admin/index.php has these lines:

/**
 * You can choose the page you want as the default below:
 */
require( dirname(__FILE__).'/b2edit.php' );

If you create a new file for your page, you could just put its filename where b2edit.php is in the code above.

3 Jan 14, 2006 22:16

This technique does not seem to change the default link to the admin area from this:

user_admin_link( '<li>', '</li>' )

I know there is a way to edit the bits between ( ) to hard code the page the user is directed to but what I was hoping was that upon login the user would not be taken to what now appears as the default 'Tab' in the admin area (http://testing.nthview.com/admin/b2edit.php?blog=0), which is the post to blog 'Tab' but instead some other tab would be the default tab. I've looked in the _admin.php thinking it might be there but no luck.

I've created a sort of landing page (blog_home.php) with its own tab and had hoped to automatically redirect users to this tab upon login.

-Mark
Thanks

5 Jan 15, 2006 20:08

Just for info:
I've just committed a fix, so that the $page param for user_admin_link() defaults to '' (empty) and therefor will respect /admin/index.php in the future (from Phoenix-beta onwards).

Form is loading...