Recent Topics

1 Apr 11, 2006 21:08    

EDIT: I'm talking about the w3c online validator; it knows this should be XHTML 1.0 Trans.

OK, I have whacked and hacked the "bluesky" skin mercilessly, but some things don't look like my fault:

an attribute value specification must be an attribute value literal unless SHORTTAG YES is specified.

and it shows the CSS "id=" tags as not having quotes around the value. I swear I haven't touched those! So where would I add this SHORTTAG thingie, and has anybody else tried it before and noticed that it was left out because it broke things worse for some reason?

2 Apr 11, 2006 21:40

Feh! Dunno what I was thinking: I just checked by backing up my bluesky/_main.php and having a go at quoting all the attributes. That was an interactive edit; I couldn't figure out how to sed-script it without hitting the quoted att.s.

Just threw me because it seemed so wierd. The page now checks with only 6 errors instead of 37 (and those six are in my posts - forgetting alt="" tags in images, etc.) I mean, what with the skin coming with the line: "This site works better with web standards! " I don't believe it's *possible* that the author was so careless. I have an old version 0.9.0.12 skin file. That's probably it. Or I botched the install.

Or line noise on the download?

3 Apr 11, 2006 22:58

Depends on which bluesky you've got. bluesky used to be valid but standards changed over time and then it wasn't. Bluesky, which is bluesky made to be standards-compliant at the time I did the upgrade, passed validation. No promises anymore of course, as standards can change without warning.

Form is loading...