Recent Topics

1 Jun 04, 2006 19:05    

Hello,

I'm using b2evo with Firefox, IE, and Safari. I've realized that Safari does not record any cookies whatsoever, so that when I try to add a message (even if I'm logged as the admin), it keeps on recquiring for login, and, in the end, does not add the message… (But everything is fine with FFox and IE… so I guess the problem comes with Safari).

Safari : 2.0.3
b2evo : 0.9.2
macOS : tried with 10.4.6 and 10.3.9
machine independant…

Any idea, someone ? Thanks.

Peter

2 Jun 06, 2006 11:50

1/ make sure that you haven't got cookies blocked for your blog
2/ clear any old cookies that are there and try again

¥

3 Jun 07, 2006 08:29

Thanks for your reply… No, cookies are not blocked. I even set cookies level from 'accept from current site' to 'always accept'.

I also tried to clear all the cookies, on many machines.

But the result is always the same. just as if Safari rejected the cookie.

In the same time, it works with IE… (what a shame !)

Peter

4 Jun 07, 2006 19:25

I'm sorry, I don't have safari ( or a mac :p )

You might like to send a pm to personman, he has a mac and might know something that will help

¥

5 Jun 07, 2006 20:35

PeterVV,
I usually use Firefox on my Mac, but I fired up Safari and logged into a 0.9.1 blog to see if I had the same problem. It worked fine. If you want to make an account for me on your blog (no posting permissions needed) I'll try to log in Safari and see if I get the same problem. Double check that you're using exactly the same url in IE and Safari. If you leave off (or add) a www. where the $baseurl does (or doesn't) have one, then cookies won't work.

If that's not it, PM me with a user and pass and I'll try it on your site.

Btw, I just tested demo.b2evolution.net 0.9.2 version with Safari and it works fine.

6 Jun 09, 2006 04:49

PeterVV,
I tested this and replicated your problem. Sure enough, I have to log in every time I do something in the backoffice. Any other b2evolution 0.9.2 site works with Safari and it works fine with FF and your site, but Safari on your site does have that problem. The main thing that sets your site apart is that you're using an IP address for your web address. The only thing I could find about a possible bug in the way Safari sets cookies for IP addresses in the domain is [url=http://lists.apple.com/archives/Web-dev/2004/Apr/msg00087.html]this[/url]. And they didn't come up with a good answer. Maybe you can search on that some more.

Another idea is that your address has the port number in it, too.

Maybe you could use something like no-ip.org to get a free subdomain that you can point at your ip. Use that and change your $baseurl in /config/_config.php to match. Even if you end up not wanting to use something like that, it could help us find out what is causing the problem.

What are you plans? Are you just going to use the IP address forever, or get a domain name?

7 Jun 10, 2006 20:23

PersonMan,

Thanks for your help. I've tried many solutions :
- No-ip.org
- no-ip.org with URL masking

None of these tries has given anything better to this problem. I guess you're right, it comes from Safari and the fact that the IP adress is the direct one.

I'm using the direct IP adress because this blog in not public. It contains internal information on the company, using the blog support to communicate freely and easily between us ! So I do not intend to make it public in any way. This is the why of the port number, also.

I guess the 'only' solution is to :
- Tell Apple there is such a problem, and follow the link you have found on the Apple mailing lists
- Move to Safari…

In the event one of us finds a solution, I'll let you know.

Should you come across this problem in the future, don't hesitate to call me back.

Thanks again

Peter

Form is loading...