Recent Topics

1 Jun 15, 2006 06:45    

Just a general question regarding stats. I emigrated from Blogger.com about a month ago (a good move by the way). At Blogger.com I used the services of StatCounter to record my visitors. I've since created another account (at StatCounter) to record my visitors to b2evolution, and that figure is displayed to the world on my blog.

My question is, am I unnecessarily duplicating what the stock standard b2evelution stats module collects. I've seen some skins whereby Top Referrers, Recent Referrers are listed and I'm assuming that info is extracted from the b2e stats.

2 Jun 15, 2006 07:25

Sites showing "stats" are running older versions of b2evolution. In an effort to combat referer spam b2evolution removed publicly displayed stats. The idea being once the spammers realize there is no value in spamming a b2evo blog they will eventually go away.

If you want a public visitor counter then the method you are using obviously works. It would be possible I suppose to hack b2evolution to show you similar data, but if your stat counter is good for you then why go deeper?

Form is loading...