Recent Topics

1 Mar 04, 2004 21:43    

Hi

I'd like to have a little description which explain each of my categories on top of page when choosing this categorie. This could probably be done by creating a post for each categorie and having it displayed on top.

Any idea of hack or code ?

2 May 16, 2004 09:15

If you look at the evo_categories table in your database, you'll see columns for an icon, description, and long description. I don't know for sure, but I'd guess that that means that someday you'll be able to enter a short and long description, and a picture, for each category. Then, you could have something like the blog description that'd only show up at the top when it's just one category.

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=1181

3 Dec 12, 2005 19:44

Hello, I'm a newbie and I have exactly the same question. One post in a category contains (chronologically) sorted links to all other posts in this category, plus a description of what the category is about, so this post should always be shown on top when one clicks on the category link. Is this possible in any way? I don't know anything about PHP or mySQL, so I didn't really get the reply above this post. The link in this post also seems to be dead.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm eager to learn and will be very grateful for any helpful comments!

4 Apr 26, 2006 11:03

Still there's no interface to handle category descriptions so I brutally added the following to the _main.php

<?php
			request_title( '<h2>', '</h2>' );// ------------------------- TITLE FOR THE CURRENT REQUEST -------------------------
			if ($_REQUEST['cat']) {
				$cat_longdesc = cat_longdesc($_REQUEST['cat']);
				echo $cat_longdesc."<br><br>";
			}
		?>

and the function to the evocore/category.funcs.php

function cat_longdesc($cat_ID)
{
	global $DB, $cache_categories;
// 	$cat = get_the_category_by_ID( $cat_ID );
	$sql = "SELECT cat_longdesc
						FROM T_categories
						WHERE cat_ID = $cat_ID";
	$cat_data =  $DB->get_results( $sql, ARRAY_A );
	return $cat_data[0]['cat_longdesc'];
}

But currently I need to write the description via the DB managment tools

5 Jun 29, 2006 23:58

Liphtier wrote:

But currently I need to write the description via the DB managment tools

You mean phpMyAdmin? How can we add the description?

Form is loading...