Recent Topics

1 Jul 15, 2006 03:50    

One change is just begging to be made: the Tools tab is way too meager to deserve its own big tab. I'm sure the content there could be moved to a sub-tab of App-Settings, or somewhere else in a sub-tab.

I think a far more worthy candidate for "big tab" status is the Plugins sub-tab. Pretty soon Plugins are going to be essential to getting the most out of b2e. I think it should be a tab that is highlighted accordingly rather than a buried sub-tab.

Also on the Plugins tab, it might be a good idea to have a direct link to the Plugins repository, and perhaps other Plugin info/sources that might be appropriate. Sort of like how Firefox has a link to find more Extensions in their Extensions menu.

Another possible tab change would be to sub-tab the Templates tab (since it's designed to work only with the custom skin, and is not encouraged to be used anyway).

The Comments sub-tab might deserve promotion to a "big-tab", also.

Just some thoughts to consider! :D

2 Jul 15, 2006 04:14

Tabs from plugins show up under the tools tab, so it's only empty on bare naked installations. Maybe the templates tab could be a subtab of tools, and the plugins tab move up to the top level?

3 Jul 15, 2006 11:22

If you use FF then I can send you an admin skin that I'm currently toying with. It adds the subtabs as hover menus on each tab which makes selecting any of them a one-click affair :D

¥

4 Jul 16, 2006 17:40

¥åßßå,

Those dropdowns really help with back office navigation, making it both faster, flatter and more intuative.

Your point about organization is taken, but really, when you can flatten the menu system with a drop-down dealie, the number of mis-clicks ... hunting an pecking ...drops to a minumum.

Just my 2C CAD.

¥ - When you gonna finish that admin skin? ;)

5 Jul 17, 2006 10:48

Lol, it just needs a few more colour changes and then it's good to go ;)

¥

Form is loading...