Recent Topics

1 Jul 30, 2006 20:35    

Just upgraded from v0.9.2 to v1.8 and the big problem is that my main page that comes up with an aggravation of all posts now displays every post going back in time to the beginning. Under v0.9.2, it only showed the 2-day setting that I use for all the other pages. How can I fix this as it takes almost 30 seconds to pull up the first page now.

Upon further examination, it turns out all the pages of the blog are showing every post. I've tried changing from the "daily" to the "posts" setting with no effiect. Now I'm stumped even more as it appears the setting is just having no effect at all.

Thanks!

2 Aug 03, 2006 22:48

Can't believe I'm the only one noticing this behavior on v1.8. Is this a known problem? Should I post this somewhere else?

Thanks.

4 Aug 03, 2006 23:48

EdB wrote:

I've not had that problem with 3 different installations. http://demo.b2evolution.net/stable.php4/blogs/index.php?blog=2 shows a demo installation where the display is limited to 5 posts, so it appears that your issue is unique to your installation. Got a link where we can see this and *maybe* figure out what's the deal?

Using the "number of posts" settings works fine and that's what I'm using until I figure what's happening with the "days" setting. My blog posts number 50-100 a day and I'd like to have 2 days showing. Right now I just set it for 125 posts which is sort of in between.

5 Aug 04, 2006 00:08

Ah. I just set my blog to "days" (randomly picking 5) and it showed everything back to the beginning of time. As you've found, using "posts" does as one would expect. Having never used "days" before I don't know if I would expect "X days with posts" or "X days even if I didn't post", but surely I wouldn't expect everything back to when dinosaurs walked the earth.

BUG!!!

6 Aug 04, 2006 01:25

EdB wrote:

Ah. I just set my blog to "days" (randomly picking 5) and it showed everything back to the beginning of time. As you've found, using "posts" does as one would expect. Having never used "days" before I don't know if I would expect "X days with posts" or "X days even if I didn't post", but surely I wouldn't expect everything back to when dinosaurs walked the earth.

BUG!!!

Ahah! Now how do we swat this nasty bug? Anyway, glad you found it. Nice to know it wasn't just me... :)

By the way, I should point out that "days" worked just fine in v0.9.2.

7 Aug 04, 2006 01:52

I don't know how you would swat it, but my method is to say "I hope Francois or blueyed make a release with a fix for this someday". Oh and a report in the bugs forum would be a good idea. Dunno if this one is known of or not. Can't hurt to have a look and then post eh?

[url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=8763]Reported![/url]

8 Aug 04, 2006 02:18

Thanks for reporting it. I responded to your report to cleaify that it happens on all blog pages, not just blog 1.

Hopefully it will be fixed down the road.

9 Aug 05, 2006 23:05

in /inc/MODEL/items/_itemlist.class line 582, try replacing the function get_lastpostdate() with this one:

function get_lastpostdate()
	{
		global $localtimenow, $postdata;

// echo 'getting last post date';
		$LastPostList = & new ItemList( $this->blog, $this->show_statuses, '', '', '', $this->cat, $this->catsel,
																		 '', 'DESC', 'datestart', 1, '','', '', '', '', '', '', 'posts',
																		 $this->timestamp_min, $this->timestamp_max, '', '',
																		 $this->cache_name );

if( $LastItem = $LastPostList->get_item() )
		{
			// echo 'we have a last item';
			$lastpostdate = $LastItem->issue_date;
		}
		else
		{
			// echo 'we have no last item';
			$lastpostdate = date('Y-m-d H:i:s', $localtimenow);
		}
		// echo $lastpostdate;
		return($lastpostdate);
	}