Recent Topics

1 Jul 31, 2006 00:07    

I used to use the Firefox plugin, Performancing, with Wordpad and love the work it saves. I am trying to get it working with b2e and not having any luck. Does anyone have it working and, if so, could you share a step-by-step set of instructions for a novice?

Thanks!

2 Jul 31, 2006 01:08

I tried to get it working but was unsuccessful. I'm not sure what is required in an API to function with PerFormancing. Maybe the developers of b2e would know all that's involved. EdB mentioned [url=http://blog.warmbrain.com/justblogit/]JustBlogIt[/url] as another option you might want to look into in the meantime.

3 Jul 31, 2006 02:16

Nate wrote:

I tried to get it working but was unsuccessful. I'm not sure what is required in an API to function with PerFormancing. Maybe the developers of b2e would know all that's involved. EdB mentioned [url=http://blog.warmbrain.com/justblogit/]JustBlogIt[/url] as another option you might want to look into in the meantime.

Yes I saw the mention of JustBlogIt and tried it. All it does is open a window with the b2e application in the window. Easier to just open it in a tab and get it full screen. Performancing goes about it completely differently and with no effort or hassles.

Thanks for the thought though.

4 Jul 31, 2006 16:14

I just installed performancing again and then remembered I had it installed 'back in the day' because it remembered blog names I no longer have. I remembered that it was tricky to get it to accept multiple blogs - but I got it done. Unfortunately I don't remember how I did it :(

IF I can figure it all out again I'll do a write-up on it, but no promises. Bottom line (for now) is you CAN make it do b2evolution and you CAN make it do multiple blogs, but it's a bit tricky and don't be surprised if you have to do everything twice to get it to work.

5 Jul 31, 2006 16:40

Well, it recognized multiple blogs pretty easily...automatically, actually. But anytime you try to communicate with one of the blogs it through up a db error about NAMES or somesuch.

6 Jul 31, 2006 17:38

Thanks to both of you for giving it a shot. I did read that the API (like I know what that might even be :lol: ) is compatible with the Blogger API and to use that in setting it up under "custom blog." I just couldn't even get it to log in to b2e so that's as far as I got.

7 Jul 31, 2006 20:12

More specifically, I get a MySql database error "Unknown System Variable='NAMES'"

I just tried setting it up using the Blogger.com API with no luck.

8 Jul 31, 2006 20:54

Nate, that might be a b2evo problem, if you don't have MySQL 4.1.

johnny27, do you have the same problem?

Plus, what b2evo versions are you using?

Please be always as verbose as possible.

I've not tried it myself, but may take a look at it later.

edit: does it work with the demo.b2evolution.net server? you can test 1.8-beta and CVS HEAD there.

9 Jul 31, 2006 21:09

blueyed wrote:

Nate, that might be a b2evo problem, if you don't have MySQL 4.1.

johnny27, do you have the same problem?

Plus, what b2evo versions are you using?

Please be always as verbose as possible.

I've not tried it myself, but may take a look at it later.

edit: does it work with the demo.b2evolution.net server? you can test 1.8-beta and CVS HEAD there.

My problem starts with not being able to even get Performancing to log into my server. I'm running v1.8 of b2e that we just put on yesterday, upgrading from v0.9.2.

11 Jul 31, 2006 21:52

You're right, I only have MySql 4.0.16 running on my host's server.

12 Jul 31, 2006 22:21

Nate, are you using version 1.8-beta? It should not die/exit in case of a "SET NAMES" problem.

Do you see, if it's a b2evo error?

I suppose you use /xmlsrv/xmlrpc.php?

When does the error appear? When you post?

13 Jul 31, 2006 22:23

blueyed wrote:

...and it got detected as "Wordpress". It got all the available 3 blogs (A, B and Linkblog) and I could post.

"Wordpress" was the key here. I was able to get right in and get it set up without any further issues.

Thanks! My blogging life is much easier now!

14 Aug 01, 2006 00:06

blueyed, I use 1.8b. I get the error when I click on one of the blog names on the sidebar of Performancing. An error window pops up with the mysql error I mentioned above. I do have default xmlsrv settings/files. Let me know if you need more info and I'll be glad to help you solve the issue.

15 Aug 01, 2006 00:27

Nate, I think it would help, if you would enable $debug in /conf/_advanced.php - that should output a backtrace together with the MySQL error, which I'd like to know/see.

16 Aug 03, 2006 05:36

blueyed, I haven't done anything further with this, but I just now noticed (shame on me) that one of my test posts actually worked(!?) Originally I had no intention of using Performancing, I was just experimenting with getting it to work with b2e...but maybe my strange success will encourage me to try it out some more and do some further debugging.

17 Aug 06, 2006 21:52

I just started playing with Performancing a little while ago -- It looks like it's working, but the posts on my site come up blank. I'm not getting any error messages, my blogs and categories are showing up fine....it IS making a new post on the site, but it's not sending the text. Any thoughts?

18 Aug 07, 2006 06:27

I've got Performancing working with b2e 1.8. All my blogs are recognized. I'm using the default skin, 'custom'.

What I've noticed though, apply formatting such as bold, performancing uses the tag, '<span...>'. b2e 1.8 cracks it, says it doesn't allow that tag name (and I assume others as well). I'm wondering if that's just me and my installation of b2e.

19 Aug 20, 2006 07:41

I've now tried several external blogging programs, such as Flock, and a couple other Mac apps - the result is always the same. They succeed in connecting to the blog and recognizing categories and all that, and they say that they have successfully posted. But when I go to my blog to inspect the results, I find that it has made a post, but that the title and text fields were not sent, so I just have a blank entry.

Since the result has been the same even with different applications and settings, could it instead be a problem with some setting on my copy of 1.8?

Form is loading...