Recent Topics

1 Aug 07, 2006 06:38    

I'm curious about how people create their posts. If only creating straight text type posts with a bit of formatting (bold etc.) then use of an external editor (wysiwyg) is not overly required as it's just as simple to use b2e.

How do people usually post when most of their posts include images (formatted:left, right & bottom) along with tables (formatted: left, right & bottom).

I base my question on the fact that I would rather compile posts, get the content published and only after that worry about learning some extra html things.

2 Aug 07, 2006 15:57

Normally I use the regular back office deal to post, and preview before I actually post it. If something is pissing me off about it I'll save a draft and figure out how to get it done, then finish up whatever it was, but usually I just post and be happy.

I used to have a hack in my b2upload.php file that let me tick a radio button for image centered or leftmargin or rightmargin cuz I usually knew when I uploaded which way I wanted it going. Haven't re-hacked that though, so now I'm kinda settling for what it does.

I've never posted a table so I can't speak about that.

I thought about a second quicklaunch toolbar. Something to give me H# tags if I wanted them and some color options and maybe some other stuff, but making it be useful across a wide range of skins gets kinda tough. Like some skins don't use the "standard" heading sizes, and most don't plan on heading sizes not used by the skin.

Also I gotta redo my hack that gives me an opportunity to put titles in my links. It was a no-brainer hack that defaulted to using the linked URL as the title, so I just clicked twice instead of once.

3 Aug 07, 2006 16:19

For images I insert using the backoffice and then add (or remove) CSS class info in order to format them the way I want. For example, class="left noborder" would be a simple way to define the style of my pictures without having to use any external wysiwyg editor (just make sure those classes are defined in your CSS file). I'm sure you could do the same for tables. Normally you're reusing the same styles over and over so it becomes quite simple once you're setup.

4 Aug 07, 2006 19:04

I also stick to the backoffice, and I've added a couple of quicktags to make some of my standard formatting go faster. I added a button to add a <span> tag for my dropcaps, another one that drops in a <div> specified to a class so that it will output a large picture with a caption underneath -- that sort of thing.

Unless I have to display a bunch of data someday (not likely) I doubt I'll ever need to mess with tables again. CSS is much better for formatting.

Form is loading...