Recent Topics

1 Aug 31, 2006 00:14    

I have a blog for a roller skating rink, running 9.2....which I can update to 1.81. The problem is it is for young kids and the owners insist on a word filter.

Anyone out there that might be interested in making a plugin or even a hack to filter a customized word list?

http://roller.skatetownenid.com/

2 Aug 31, 2006 12:16

It looks like it's running 1.6?

If you upgrade it to 1.8.1 you could use the blacklist as a word filter, although it might be a tad "harsh" with what it blocks.

It wouldn't be to hard to make a plugin that acts as a word filter but I'd need a few more details about how you'd want it to work.

¥

3 Aug 31, 2006 13:08

Sorry, I can upgrade to 1.81 from 1.6.

Well, I would want the filter to act on posts and comments, and just not allow the post or comment to post with the word in it. Perhaps return the post with the offending word colored or otherwise highlighted with a warning to remove it.

A list of words added to a list in the backoffice stored in a text file/database field.

4 Aug 31, 2006 17:42

No problem, I'll knock something together and post it here for you ;)

¥

5 Sep 01, 2006 01:14

Great...now if I could con someone into doing a niftyblue update to 1.81 I would be set.

I tried to convert it, but their seems to be some things I am missing.

6 Sep 01, 2006 10:43

EdB's the person you need to con for that one ;)

See if this does what you want.

1/ Install the plugin
2/ Go into plugin settings and add all the words you want to filter (one per line)
3/ Make a post/comment/preview post/preview comment and see if it misses any

It "should" only pick up whole words and be case-insensitive.

¥

7 Sep 01, 2006 12:17

Thanks, Yabba.

It works great.

I'd buy ya a beer, but milk would be better for ya. :lol:

8 Sep 01, 2006 16:50

Please don't feel the need to be concerned about my health, bring on the beer :D

¥

Form is loading...