Recent Topics

1 Nov 02, 2006 23:17    

I see postings here about subscribe by email, but I cannot figure out how to turn it on. I see that if I am logged in, my blog has a link at the top to subscribe me. But how do I set it up so that all users have to do is type their email in a box to receive notification whenever I post?

2 Nov 03, 2006 00:54

That's not supported. It works only for members and makes sense that way: by putting in their e-mail address it's only a small step further to provide a password and login name, which allows them to unsubscribe etc.

3 Nov 03, 2006 05:58

I think I'll check this out: http://www.feedblitz.com/

People should not have to create accounts on a blog site just to subscribe. We all have enough login accounts on various systems anyway; impossible to keep track of all the usernames and passwords and tedious to have to login every time.

4 Nov 03, 2006 06:02

It's just a different philosophy. A lot of people just want passive subscription; they get intimidated when you talk about creating an account. And then, they can't remember how to login, etc.

5 Nov 04, 2006 19:51

I see your point, but it's more logical to create a light account, then have to maintain a separate list of users/subscribers.

Once logged in, they would stay logged in btw.

6 Nov 04, 2006 21:01

RSS! No accounts needed, and all you have to remember is to subscribe.

Form is loading...