Recent Topics

1 Nov 11, 2006 05:57    

We updated to 1.8 beta back when it was released and have tried off and on to fix our file upload error, but it's all been in vain. Trying once again I did all the searching I could but have yet to find anyone with a similar problem. Here's all the details I can think to give:

First off, using an FTP program to upload files works just fine. Browsing, inserting, and maintaining files from the 'Files' section within B2 works just fine. It's when trying to upload a file from within B2 that it craps out.

Our server permissions are set to 777 but we've changed to 775 with the same results. I've given all administrators full media access from Blog Settings > Group Permissions > Wide tab.

I get this long error:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/url of file): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /public_html/inc/CONTROL/files/files.php on line 1037

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpiBjiCM' to '/url of file' in /public_html/inc/CONTROL/files/files.php on line 1037

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gameluv/public_html/inc/CONTROL/files/files.php:1037) in /home/gameluv/public_html/inc/VIEW/_menutop.php on line 38

And this one just to make sure I know it didn't upload: An unknown error occurred when moving the uploaded file on the server.

Thanks so much for any help anyone can give!

2 Nov 11, 2006 15:48

What's "/url of file"?
And what are the permissions of it and it's parent folder?

3 Nov 11, 2006 16:10

'/url of file' is a url on our site. It's the directory where B2 is trying to put the file. Felt kinda revealing to post a big link into our directories. Just being paranoid.

The full error message reads:
Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/gameluv/public_html/media/users/cath52/lr22.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/gameluv/public_html/inc/CONTROL/files/files.php on line 1037

As for permissions, I'm unsure. The permissions for the parent folder 'public_html' are set on the server as 777.

4 Nov 11, 2006 16:36

And permissions for "cath52"? Those are probably 775 and therefor it fails.

Go into your evo_settings table and add the tuples
fm_default_chmod_file, 666
and
fm_default_chmod_dir, 777
therein (the name into set_name and the value (666/777) into the set_value column).
These settings will be editable in the b2evo admin in a later version and default to 664/775.

Those settings get used only for new created directories/files, so you have to change the chmod setting of the already existing ones (like the one above).

5 Nov 23, 2006 02:48

Ok, I've given it my all and failed...

how do I get to the 'evo_settings table'? Where is it located and how can I edit it? Thanks.

Yours truly,

A Super Noob.

6 Nov 23, 2006 23:41

Go to your database with e.g. phpMyAdmin and you should see the table. Manipulating SQL tables is nothing b2evo specific and should be quite easy with phpMyAdmin. Select the table. Go to "Insert". Add the name/value pairs.

7 Nov 26, 2006 04:47

Ok, found my way into phpMyAdmin and added the two name/value pairs you suggested but it's still turning up errors when I try to upload a file.

I was unsure if I needed to select a Function from the dropdown menu for each line. Also, do I need to "save" the changes somehow before they will take effect on the site?

Thanks for your continued help.

8 Nov 26, 2006 05:08

The settings you've manually added only apply for new directories/files. They are still wrong for the already existing ones.

Just read:

Those settings get used only for new created directories/files, so you have to change the chmod setting of the already existing ones (like the one above).

Form is loading...