Recent Topics

1 Nov 12, 2006 01:34    

I'm trying to remove the list bullets out of Categories, Archives, Misc, XML Feeds, and so on, but not all of them. It seems to me that this would be taken care of by editing something in the plugins files, but when I deleted the li and ul tags, the links were no longer even clickable. How do I just remove the bullets and keep everything else working? In the custom css file, I put the list items to 'none', but that removed the bullets from all of the entries. I want to just remove some of them, am I making sense?

Oh, I'm also trying to figure out how to make those items that are clickable in those areas, to not be underlined, such as the statement: style="TEXT-DECORATION: none Ideas? Help? :)

2 Nov 12, 2006 09:23

The way I normally do it is to have a "neatList" class and then add it to any of the sidebar items I want to use it.

The css looks something like this

.neatList ul,
.neatList li{
margin:0;
padding:0;
list-style:none;
}

To use it you just need to change the <div> wrapper for the sidebar items you want to affect :-

<div class="bSideItem neatList">

¥

3 Nov 12, 2006 12:18

Oh my goodness! I had my doubts about being able to find what you were talking about, but I found it, and even better, it works! Thank-you once again! :)

Do you also have a fix for making it so that links are not underlined in those same sidebar lists?

Normally, I use something like, style="TEXT-DECORATION: none, but that did not work in this instance.

4 Nov 12, 2006 12:20

if you add this to your skins css file then the underlines should go :-

#sidebar a{text-decoration:none;}

;)

¥

5 Nov 12, 2006 12:24

Gosh, we've got to stop meeting like this, but thank-you! I think I shall hire you as my tutor! *grins*

6 Nov 12, 2006 12:26

I added it, it didn't work... oops.

7 Nov 12, 2006 12:27

lol, as it happens the above wont work (I was on someone elses skin :p), just change it to :-

.bSideBar a{
text-decoration:none;
}

¥

Form is loading...