Recent Topics

1 Nov 12, 2006 13:28    

ok I tried using the default a_noskin file and no luck. All I want to do is display my photo Gallery when someone hits the link at the top of the blog using the default Gallery page it come with. Any suggestions and I have read all I can read on the stub topic :-/

2 Nov 12, 2006 13:39

What default gallery?

Stubs are amazingly easy. You create a blog, or pick an existing one, and select "Explicit reference to stub file (Advanced):". Let's pretend it's blog #4 - the linkblog in the default installation. You make up a name for it's stub, like maybe 'linkblog.php' and put that in the "Stube name:" field. Finally in the "URL blog name" field you tell it something like "linkblog". Now you open a_stub.php in a text editor and find the line that says

$blog = 2;   	// 2 is for "demo blog A" or your upgraded blog (depends on your install)

and change it to

$blog = 4;   	// 2 is for "demo blog A" or your upgraded blog (depends on your install)

Save that file as "linkblog.php" and upload it to your installation root on your server.

There's a ton of stuff you can do with stubs, but that's the bare minimum to get it going.

4 Nov 12, 2006 14:11

If I understand correctly you want the blog link to point to the Gallery2 installation. That's no problem, but stubs won't do it for you. Stubs only handle stuff inside b2evolution.

So on the blog settings for your gallery blog tell it "gallery2/" in the field for "Relative to baseurl". Now tell it your stub name is "main.php". This is cheating, as you'll see in the "URL preview" section. You don't need to actually create a stub in this situation because you're telling b2evolution, for all practical intent, to run a different application.

5 Nov 12, 2006 15:18

OK like all things b2e after I mess with it for half a day I get it to work, was just a wrong URL so now Im good to go:)
Thanks for the help

Form is loading...