Recent Topics

1 Nov 15, 2006 20:52    

Installed v1.8.1 a few weeks back. I've been playing around a bit in the back office and getting used to how things work. The actual blogs are working fine, but I can't get my user access exactly like I want it. In a nutshell, I need several blogs like this:

blog named "Steve"
user named "Steve"
Steve can write entries in his own blog, but not publish

So I need six of those (one blog/one owner). Then, I also need a moderator named "Bill" who can edit all blogs and publish the posts.

In the manual (http://manual.b2evolution.net/New_users) it tells me that an "Editor" can post and edit their own and others' writings, so I assume Bill needs to be an "Editor". Cool. It also says that a "Member" can post and edit their own writings. But I need a level where they can edit/write their own writings but not post.

Is this possible?

2 Nov 15, 2006 23:34

Tell your six bloggers to register, or just create new users on the 'Users and groups' tab in your back office. Your admin account can be your moderator because admin can do everything.

Now create your six blogs. You can edit the existing ones or create new ones. Don't use blog #1 for one of the six. It's a special blog and it won't be like you want it to be. Oh and if you edit existing blogs you'll have to pay a bit more attention when you set up permissions. No biggie - just be aware.

Anyway now on your "Blog settings" tab select one of your six blogs, then the "User permissions" subtab, then click "wide". For each blog make sure admin has all the boxes checked, then check the appropriate boxes for the specific user for that blog. So on the Steve blog you give the user Steve permissions for everything except posting published. You might also choose to not allow Steve to edit the blog but that's up to you.

3 Nov 16, 2006 20:24

Thanks. I didn't notice that "Wide" option. Looks like it's working fine now.

Form is loading...