Recent Topics

1 Mar 27, 2011 18:48    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello, I'm using 3.3.3 and I need to figure out how to make it so that when someone registers for my blog they automatically get signed up for an email subscription.

Please help!

Also, it would be great to know how to stop b2evo from sending the ENTIRE new post, and instead just a teaser.

Thank you for any help!

:-)

2 Mar 27, 2011 19:14

So much for opt-in :-S

¥

3 Mar 27, 2011 22:02

Actually, when the link is identified as "Subscribe via Email" clicking that link IS indeed opting in. So opting in lives on!

Well, unless I don't get help it lives on anyway.

4 Mar 27, 2011 22:12

How do you handle subscriptions? Is it a separate software where you want a user to be added?

Anyway the best thing is create a simple plugin that will execute sone code after user registration.

5 Mar 28, 2011 03:44

I handle subscriptions through b2evo, plain and simple. No separate software. I'm fine editing php to a certain extent, but I'm not the one to create a plugin.

The settings I'm looking for are somewhere in the b2evo code. I just need to know where and how to manipulate them.

6 Mar 28, 2011 03:46

¥åßßå, blonde bimbo - You got all those stars under your avatar. Come on - give me something I can USE!

7 Mar 28, 2011 04:18

Are you talking about the "Notifications" settings in user profile? Do you want that setting to be enabled for each new user, is that what you need?

8 Mar 28, 2011 04:23

No - Notifications only do this: Check this to receive a notification whenever someone else comments on one of your posts.

Under E-mail Subscriptions, NOTIFICATIONS is checked by default. What I want is for the Blog Subscriptions, POSTS to be checked by default.

Forgive any typos and stuff, I'm sipping a brew.

9 Mar 28, 2011 17:11

Edit the file /inc/collections/model/_collsettings.class.php line 136

'allow_subscriptions' => 1,

Edit the following to email post excerpts instead of full content.
/inc/item/model/_item.class.php line 4101

replace

.$this->get('content')."\n"

with

.$this->get('excerpt')."\n"

Line numbers may not match, just use search

10 Mar 28, 2011 18:11

sam2kb - It appears that you are the damn MAN around here. That's all I needed. Works like a charm.

Again, sam2kb is DA MAN!

By-the-way, my blog is at Blog.AutismEpicenter.com

12 Mar 28, 2011 22:10

sam2kb - You are the man. My problem is solved as I typed. In fact, I also changed how the email was formatted.

OK - I didn't tell you that I have 2 blogs on b2evo. The fix you gave me only works on the original blog, not my second one.

If somebody registers on the original blog, when I post they get the post emailed to them automatically. Perfect! But that same person ONLY gets posts from that original blog. When I post on the second blog no email notification is sent to them.

Now, if somebody registers on the second blog, when I post (whether I post on the original or on the second blog) no email notification is sent to them.

Original: Blog.AutismEpicenter.com
Second one: Apps.AutismEpicenter.com

Any idea of how to get it to work with the second blog as well?

Form is loading...