Recent Topics

1 Oct 02, 2011 22:48    

[4.x]

Been trying to resolve this one all day without any luck.

I would like to have the ability to depreciate a whole category (including children - selectable) and the ability to republish in future.

ie take all of one/more categories out of public view completely AND their posts.

Basically this would be similar to manually going in and depreciating all posts that are associated to that category.

I am rapidly reaching the conclusion that the only way to do this would be to add a new field to the db !!!! much in the same way as for the posts and then attempt to pick up all widgets + plugins :(

Is there a better way already done? Have I missed it?

2 Oct 02, 2011 22:59

Just run a query like this to deprecate all items in category #88

$DB->query('UPDATE T_items__item SET post_status = "deprecated" WHERE post_main_cat_ID = 88');

3 Oct 03, 2011 12:15

Thanks for the sql snippet - a pointer at least.

However that does not resolve the problem - the category remains exposed to the client and could therefore continue to be used to assign posts to and get listed by all the standard widgets/plugins.

Although the reverse sql could be used to turn the category's posts back to published. as this would be an admin controlled event.

I was hoping for something already built in (something I had missed) Although I am happy to add a new field I am concerned that any future upgrades would knock that data out of the db.

4 Oct 03, 2011 20:35

There's no such option for categories/blogs.
All I can do is move this thread to the "Feature requests" forum :(

5 Oct 09, 2011 17:19

sam2kb wrote:

There's no such option for categories/blogs.
All I can do is move this thread to the "Feature requests" forum :(

Thanks.

and while it is there can I put in a request for similar ability to depreciate or make private files )add the usual enum() field - and while we are about it, make life simpler by identifying the file type in the table - this would eliminate the need for the $File->is_image() function and resolve a few outstanding TODO's inc/widgets/widgets/_coll_media_index.widget.php in particular the cleaner SQL

6 Oct 09, 2011 20:17

You should create different threats for those requests, otherwise they will get lost here.

and while we are about it, make life simpler by identifying the file type in the table - this would eliminate the need for the $File->is_image() function and resolve a few outstanding TODO's inc/widgets/widgets/_coll_media_index.widget.php in particular the cleaner SQL

It won't be hard at all, we can get this value from $_FILE at upload time. Or use mime_content_type() if upload remote file by URL

Form is loading...