Recent Topics

1 Feb 28, 2006 06:02    

2 Feb 28, 2006 17:06

I have a question I figured I'd ask without following your links (it's bound to come up again).

How customizable is it, I imagine changing the look of the links block is all done with css but can I pick and choose which services are in it. Looking at it on your site my first impression is that having all those services in one block would be overkill for my liking and if I were browsing my site and saw all those little icons I'd probably write it off as advertisement spam...

looks like a great idea though.

3 Feb 28, 2006 18:44

unclespeedo wrote:

I have a question I figured I'd ask without following your links (it's bound to come up again).

How customizable is it, I imagine changing the look of the links block is all done with css but can I pick and choose which services are in it. Looking at it on your site my first impression is that having all those services in one block would be overkill for my liking and if I were browsing my site and saw all those little icons I'd probably write it off as advertisement spam...

looks like a great idea though.

I think you're referring to the other addon "Bookmark this Post" ( http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=7270 )

But to answer your question,
Yes, you can choose which ones you like to put. ^_^
The images/services are all HTML based which you insert in the skin you are using (thus all blogs using that skin will have the same set).

It is possible to add an if-then-else though I don't know much about PHP syntaxes yet (and I still have to find the appropriate string or strings).

-----
My initial idea was to make it a small pop-up instead of a box, but considering the anti-popup blockers nowadays I opted for a box under the post.

Currently, as for my site (and demosite at that), I haven't decided on which to keep and which to remove (since it's really a clutter with the box layout/model) or maybe move to a popup. ^_^

Hope that helps ^^

(dl link fixed, missed an underscore in the filename itself)

4 Feb 28, 2006 21:14

I have a question about the tags mod. Can you do anything with the tags (besides list them at the bottom of each post) once they're added to the post? I was expecting each tag to become a link that leads to a page showing only posts marked with that tag. But they're not links. Am I missing something?

5 Mar 01, 2006 00:13

personman wrote:

I have a question about the tags mod. Can you do anything with the tags (besides list them at the bottom of each post) once they're added to the post? I was expecting each tag to become a link that leads to a page showing only posts marked with that tag. But they're not links. Am I missing something?

Currently, the tags under each post being as you explained - is still not possible. Sadly, I think I won't be able to implement it myself, as I see it will require a 'good' PHP knowledge to code it. I like it to function that way as well. I will be checking other blog apps that has this as an addon and see if the author will allow it to be imported. Although I think someone with a good PHP background will be best to code for this one and then after that, add a 'cloud' feature as well.

My main intention for it when I first created this is to provide a string I can call so the other addon (Bookmark this Post) can automatically add Tags to services which allows it like del.icio.us, furl, newsvine, and others.

I didn't originally plan to 'echo' it in each post but I thought maybe for those who are not using the "Bookmark this Post" addon, the readers can just copy-n-paste the tags themselves.

^_^

Sorry for that. But I think from here someone can pick-up the code and enhance the tag feature ^^ I love to see/have it as well.

ps
not mentioning that I'm seeing the 'tagging' as a better way than 'categorizing', either replace 'categorizing' codes of b2e altogether or make them work side-by-side (still imagining how useful it will be to have both 'tagging' and 'categorizing' together)

Hmm, anyone who can??

6 Mar 07, 2006 17:55

@Laibcoms
Nice work, this is cool.

@unclespeedo
If you'd rather use smaller square icons instead of the site logos, do a web search for social bookmark icons or something similar. This is becoming pretty common in blogging, so several people have put the icons together for distribution. Shouldn't be too difficult to find.

Or, don't use any icons at all and set the links to be something like:

Bookmark this at [url=http://del.icio.us]Del.icio.us[/url], [url=http://spurl.net]Spurl[/url], ... whatever.

8 Jun 30, 2006 09:20

Thanks for the heads up and sorry for that. I accidentally changed the zip filename.

It is now:
http://gameshogun.info/dls/Tags_Field.zip

I'll try to release an update as well. I am using a different version with my blog now. But that one will still work.

9 Sep 01, 2007 21:02

Will it work with b2evolution > 1.9.x ?

Form is loading...